Page 1 of 1
SmokeDragon
rank 1
Posted:
Wed Jun 23, 2004 6:46 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
I ... broke ... it ... Grrr
It wont read discs anymore, theres a white wire underneath the lens and its cut half way, but I am not sure if thats how its supposed to be or not ... If not, where could I get a replacement part, or would it be better to just buy another one? If it is, what else could be wrong? If there is a way I could fix it, please tell me.

UniqueTwitch
rank 7
Posted:
Wed Jun 23, 2004 6:53 pm
quote : #2
I don't know of any way to fix it (others around the community probably do) but I think that you should visit the Game Crazy closest near you and buy a used DC for around 25$. (If you do fix it, keep the second for cherishing) Smile
Posted:
Wed Jun 23, 2004 6:59 pm
quote : #3
Ack! Now it turns on ... loads a little, and then goes blank (The screen) and the disc stops spinning >_< Shocked

Holiday
rank 7
Posted:
Thu Jun 24, 2004 9:05 pm
quote : #4
Type: NTSC-U/C
Does it goto the dashboard (the game, memory, CD player...) screen and then say "Checking Disk"?

SmokeDragon
rank 1
Posted:
Fri Jun 25, 2004 8:16 am
quote : #5
Yes.
I got it to turn on right now, and the lens would work but it wouldn't spin, after messing with it, it spins but no reads now, I think I am just going to buy a new Dreamcast because a new GD .... is too much.

Holiday
rank 7
Posted:
Fri Jun 25, 2004 11:13 am
quote : #6
Type: NTSC-U/C
Check out the topic linked, it's probably the same problem. (I thought mine was the GD-ROM to at first)

http://dreamcast.onlineconsoles.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2144&start=15&postdays=0&postorder=asc&hi ghlight=