1, 2  Next
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Wed Jun 23, 2004 7:18 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Well this is still subjective theory. But a damn good one. You know how Sega of Europe kept saying they don't host the servers? And we kept trying to figure out who? And we assumed it was french company 'TITUS' who worked on wwp?

Well 2 days ago on monday Titus declared bankruptcy.

I think this is the reason :[ The theory is sound.
Posted:
Wed Jun 23, 2004 7:52 pm
quote : #2
Aww. Sad

I hope that it's the... "good" kind of bankruptcy. I suppose that I should check the press release, if applicable...

-And, hey, I like this new posting layout. Cool
limpbizkitfan943
rank 16
Posted:
Wed Jun 23, 2004 8:29 pm
quote : #3
does this mean we could get the server space to get worms world party back online? or something else? I'm not sure what this means I'm confuzzled
Posted:
Wed Jun 23, 2004 8:34 pm
quote : #4
All this means is it's a theory for WHY worms went offline. That's all.
Posted:
Wed Jun 23, 2004 9:49 pm
quote : #5
since they went bankrupt, they might sell the server software for a good price. probably not, but it's worth a shot. it'd be awesome, to play my favorite game, worms, on the internet. I couldn't before because I only recently got involved in Dreamcast a few months ago
Posted:
Wed Jun 23, 2004 11:18 pm
quote : #6
I wonder if this is why Worms 3D for the Xbox has gotten pushed back to July 22nd? It was supposed to be out this week, till they pushed it back last week. I had assumed it was taking them longer than anticipated to add the Xbox Live online play...

The thought of not getting a Worms game for the Xbox really sucks. Sad

andyspof
rank 5
Posted:
Wed Jun 23, 2004 11:33 pm
quote : #7
indeed it duz

TheMytho
rank 28
Posted:
Thu Jun 24, 2004 12:34 am
quote : #8
ORtrail wrote:
I wonder if this is why Worms 3D for the Xbox has gotten pushed back to July 22nd? It was supposed to be out this week, till they pushed it back last week. I had assumed it was taking them longer than anticipated to add the Xbox Live online play...

I'm glad it was pushed back. I wouldn't have the money to pick it up this week and I'm kinda overloaded with games at the moment..... Confused

-Mytho

MasterChief
rank 25
Posted:
Thu Jun 24, 2004 12:55 am
quote : #9
ORtrail wrote:

its out already. ive seen it in game stores. and yes, its suposed to suck.

Now Playing: PS3 - Brutal Legend, 360 - Red Dead Redemption, Wii - MadWorld, DC - Dux
WormyTheWorm
rank 9
Posted:
Thu Jun 24, 2004 3:49 am
quote : #10
Worms 3D is WormsWorldParty's clumsy, inbred, halfwit, idiot 2nd-cousin... i dont rate this game at all, despite my love of worms, or should i say BECAUSE my love of worms! LOL

I wish some1 would sell the worms online code type stuff so i could get back to what i do best Smile

sigh Sad
F355 races every 20mins.. 9:00pm / 9:20pm / 9:40pm ...and so on.

http://f355.tsx.org <---F355 race reports, and championship info is posted here.
Christuserloeser
rank 9
Posted:
Thu Jun 24, 2004 8:21 am
quote : #11
Is there any chance of getting this game online again? I've never played it online and I'd really like to Neutral

Chris
Posted:
Thu Jun 24, 2004 9:35 am
quote : #12
Type: Pal
I dunno much about French law but there is a glimmer of hope here. If French companies go into liquidation then all thier assets are sold off to pay for the companies debt. That could mean there is an oppertunity to aquire some of Titus's server software if indeed they do have any. Is there anymore info Lordnikon as to what route Titus's bankrupcy procedure is taking?

Laters

BTW is PC Worms up or down now?
Posted:
Thu Jun 24, 2004 10:31 am
quote : #13
Christuserloeser wrote:
Is there any chance of getting this game online again? I've never played it online and I'd really like to Neutral

Chris

me too! worms is my favorite game that isn't a first person shooter, Sonic game, or Crazy Taxi game!
Posted:
Thu Jun 24, 2004 12:37 pm
quote : #14
So, is Worms 3D out yet, and is it published by Titus? Hopefully, another company has published the Worms franchise and all related server technology. If so, perhaps they will see the benefit of supporting the franchise overall by reestablishing the servers.

Pipe dream at best.

How are my little crackers doing today?
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Thu Jun 24, 2004 5:33 pm
quote : #15
Blast wrote:
I dunno much about French law but there is a glimmer of hope here. If French companies go into liquidation then all thier assets are sold off to pay for the companies debt. That could mean there is an oppertunity to aquire some of Titus's server software if indeed they do have any. Is there anymore info Lordnikon as to what route Titus's bankrupcy procedure is taking?

Laters

BTW is PC Worms up or down now?

I mean it would probobly be in french. I wouldn't even know where to look in the first place. And also you prolly wouldn't see anything that says "Worms World Party" server software. Like in a list or anything. It would be just some disc in a box. They prolly threw it away. That is if titus even ran those servers we still never found out about that.

Yes the PC worms world party is still playable online. But i know its kinda tricky to get working. Check out team17 forums if you want to get into that. It's worms mania over there.