Topic: Anyone else Love ILLBEED

Page 1 of 1
[UKR]DreamcastUK
unknown
Posted:
Thu Jun 24, 2004 6:41 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
I got this game the other day and I really like it ...

I mean the A button doesn't really work to stop the amount of enermys rushing you and blood everywhere but it is a great game..

did this game do well in the US as it really didn't come out over here...

I am buying loads of US games ones which never saw the light of day over here....

any good (NTSC) games which never came out in the UK (PAL) you could think I should get next...
Posted:
Thu Jun 24, 2004 8:24 am
quote : #2
Cant agree. I bought it and after 1 hour I gave up playing. I died so many times and didnt knew how 2 stop it.
The positive thing was, I sold it for the double prices.

About good NTSC games:

Gundam side story 079
Typing of the dead
Panzer Front (jap)
Posted:
Thu Jun 24, 2004 9:30 am
quote : #3
Type: Pal
I too didnt like illbleed nice intro though and some interesting scenarios but I couldent figure out wtf too do.

Some other good games I dont think Mrs pacman maze madness came out in the pal region. Godzilla generations maximum impact also isnt bad.

Laters
Posted:
Thu Jun 24, 2004 10:17 am
quote : #4
i used to own the game myself and liked it. its a game of its own, im suprised they didnt made part 2 out of it.the only thing i hate about the game is it's difficulty level especially if you dont know what your doing on certain levels or when you fight the bosses.this was definitely a one of a kind game Evil or Very Mad

ultrapro
unknown
Posted:
Thu Jun 24, 2004 11:49 am
quote : #5
i still have it but wont play it much as it confuses the hell outta me and it doesnt really get me interested like other titles. i wouldnt mind playing it know where i was going what i was doing and how to defend myself.
Posted:
Sun Jun 27, 2004 6:28 pm
quote : #6
Illbleed is one of my favorites on dc! It's hard at first, but once you upgrade the characters at the hospital, then it gets easier. Also, a rerelase with bonus content on x-box was planned, but there hasn't been word on that in a long time.
Posted:
Mon Jun 28, 2004 2:26 pm
quote : #7
I had D2 and i thought that was really good...

I had the JAP version when I moved i forgot to pack it lol

I was playing ILLBEED without a VMU lol and i got quite far...

i got Typing of the Dead thats good fun....
Posted:
Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:22 am
quote : #8
Type: NTSC-U
I like this game. It is a unique game that really hasn't been duplicated on any other system since. Downloadable online content like outfits and items would have gone a long way with this game though. The entire object of ILLBLEED is to use all your senses (located at the top of the screen) to "sense" out danger and hidden items to progress you through the stage. The entire suspense it built on this not knowing if your senses are reacting to danger or items. Particularly exciting when you are low on health Mr. Green

I remember picking it up at EBGames for like $5 thinking it might be like Silent Hill after reading about it a few years earlier in the Official Dreamcast Magazine. Well it wasn't, but it did nail the cheesy B movie atmosphere it was going for. The trick is to locate the Horror Meter that warns you of danger...but it too is hidden somewhere at the beginning of the levels so until you find it or IF you find it, you are kinda screwed.

The thing I didn't like most about this game was how frigging long the levels where. They went on for almost an hour in some cases. It does have some nice humor to it like walking into a dirty bathroom and your smell sense meter goes all the way up Laughing

Posted:
Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:26 am
quote : #9
Type: PAL
Well, I'm a big fan of Horror in general, so this would probably be worth playing for me.

By the way, a couple of Dreamcast Horror games were mentioned in the 'Survival horror' episode of Retronauts if anyone is interested. Heres the link, it's episode 29:
http://www.1up.com/do/minisite?cId=3156908

playmyocarina
rank 3
Posted:
Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:47 pm
quote : #10
Illbleed seemed like a good game but i played it for a couple of hours and couldn't figure out how to play it...something about disableing traps but yeah i never could find out what exactly i'm supposed to do

peens
rank 9
Posted:
Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:56 pm
quote : #11
Type: NTSC-U
I have this game, I played it a bit and thouht it was pretty good. I dont think its too hard, just different. Its got some unique ideas, decent story, pretty decent gameplay. I have yet to beat it, and havent played it in a while, but I have always wanted to beat it.

Bloodflow
rank 7
Posted:
Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:46 am
quote : #12
Type: NTSC-U/C
I really like this game although it is weird to get used to at first. I am a big fan of cheesy scary movies and I found the themes of the levels quite creative and enjoyable. Thi is definitely an original game and I have never found anything like it.