Topic: I fear for my DC...

Page 1 of 1
PritomD
rank 3
Posted:
Tue Jun 29, 2004 8:54 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
What are signs that it is dieng? Cause recently I tried popping in Bomberman Online, and it didnt work, it stuck at the intro screen (intro screen being the white one where DC logo shows), I had to start from the DC menu and start it manually. Other games worked fine....

dwachill
rank 18
Posted:
Wed Jun 30, 2004 6:48 am
quote : #2
Yep, thats what started happining to mine about 3 years ago. It still works fine on most games but certin games wont work. (i have 2 dreamcasts so i dont have to wory about it)
rank 43
Posted:
Wed Jun 30, 2004 8:41 am
quote : #3
Type: Pal
If your GD drive is on the way out then slowly games will stop loading. Certain games for some odd reason seem to keep going for a lot longer. For me PSO and Dreamkey 3 browser always seem to load long after everything else stopped working.

On the bright side what you said could just be a dirty or scratched disk. Even if it dont look dirty tr wiping it over with something suitable.

Laters
Posted:
Wed Jun 30, 2004 11:29 am
quote : #4
You should just pick up another one (or two!). You can find them for $19.99 now.
rank 16
Posted:
Wed Jun 30, 2004 11:57 am
quote : #5
EB sells them for $14.99
Posted:
Wed Jun 30, 2004 12:27 pm
quote : #6
Try loading a Codebreaker or a Gameshark, the load Bomberman from there, dont put any cheats in, just use it like a boot-disc. It worked with my Unreal Tournament, which for some reason, after booting it several times from the Codebreaker, boots fine.

Or, try turning on the Dreamcast without a disc, let it go to the menu screen, the try and load it a few times from there, that works occaisonally.

MasterChief
rank 25
Posted:
Wed Jun 30, 2004 3:24 pm
quote : #7
those are the 2 games that dont work for me from time to time. BMO and UT. i just give um a second or third boot and they get goin.

Now Playing: PS3 - Brutal Legend, 360 - Red Dead Redemption, Wii - MadWorld, DC - Dux
M1Savage
rank 12
Posted:
Wed Jun 30, 2004 4:36 pm
quote : #8
My 4X4 Evo disc is that way. On my "main" DC, it will not load up no matter what I try but loads just fine on my other DC's. Kinda a pain cuase I gotta switch DCs when I wanna play it online.

BTW, 4X4 game today at 9:00 pm GMT - 5 Wink

Silent Marauder
rank 6
Posted:
Wed Jun 30, 2004 4:50 pm
quote : #9
Quote:
EB sells them for $14.99

Yeah, but if you can spare it, try to pick one up at a GameStop for just a bit more. I tried getting a spare DC (in case, God forbid, the unthinkable should occur) at the EB nearest to me; my first try netted me a Sega Sports edition with a faulty drive motor, and my second try got me a Japanese DC. Oddly enough, the guy ringing up the second DC during my exchange never realized that everything on the bottom of the console was in Japanese. I eventually had to take it back and get store credit - that was the last DC they had, and the power cord they packed with the system wouldn't physically fit.

GameStop's stuff just seems to be in better condition overall.
Number of DC games owned: 43 and counting

Currently obsessed with: Mr. Driller
Dark Slayer 5000
rank 13
Posted:
Wed Jun 30, 2004 5:15 pm
quote : #10
I bought two DC's at GameStop for the Hell of it for $10 a pop, and it wasn't a bad deal at all. GameStop has a better selection of used games, consoles, and accessories, while EB has more new than used games, consoles, and accessories. I prefer shopping at EB over GameStop, but if you want anything related to DC then I'd check out GameStop first.

Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Wed Jun 30, 2004 5:16 pm
quote : #11
Type: Pal
Silent Marauder wrote:
Quote:
EB sells them for $14.99

Yeah, but if you can spare it, try to pick one up at a GameStop for just a bit more. I tried getting a spare DC (in case, God forbid, the unthinkable should occur) at the EB nearest to me; my first try netted me a Sega Sports edition with a faulty drive motor, and my second try got me a Japanese DC. Oddly enough, the guy ringing up the second DC during my exchange never realized that everything on the bottom of the console was in Japanese. I eventually had to take it back and get store credit - that was the last DC they had, and the power cord they packed with the system wouldn't physically fit.

GameStop's stuff just seems to be in better condition overall.

I also got a DC from EB ( which is now game in the UK ). The GD drive in my old DC was bust so I got one from EB. However when I got it home it had the resetting problem but with a slight twist to it. Everytime the DC reset it tripped out the power in my house Sad . Not to be beaten I simply swappedthe good GD drive in the resetting DC for my broken one and took it back to EB saying it didnt work Smile

Naughty naughty

Laters
Posted:
Wed Jun 30, 2004 7:20 pm
quote : #12
it only happend once, and i dont wanna replace my baby(got it release day Sad )

Chris5687
unknown
Posted:
Thu Jul 01, 2004 12:37 am
quote : #13
Well if you don't wanna have to get a replacement, then you can always buy another DC and switch out the GD-ROM's to get it to work and then have a half working spare. they are not hard to replace and it good to have a soare anyway in case anything else goes wrong with the system,b ut the two main problems people have is GD-ROM and the F1 resistor blowing out on the controller board which can be replaced pretty easily without havng to replace a whole controller board.

Ur A Tard X
rank 1
Posted:
Fri Jul 02, 2004 6:00 pm
quote : #14
i agree completely chris