Page Location: Home > Archive - News > Topic
Previous  1, 2
Morph
unknown
Posted:
Sat Jul 03, 2004 9:05 pm
quote : #16
profile : pm
Actually, that has the potential to be very bad. See, we STILL dont know where F355's servers are, and if The Matrix Online catches on big time, and Sega somehow still has control of F355's server, they're gonna pull it so they can put more money and muscle into that Matrix game. Then it's goodbye F355 Challenge.

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Sun Jul 04, 2004 4:26 am
quote : #17
Type: NTSC-U/C
Not really. See ... to us F355 Challenge is a very big deal. To sega, its just some game they made that still has a network service running. It is costing them didly to run. Even if it is 1 machine dedicated to F355 gamers; it would cost them what...100-200 bucks a month for collocation and bandwidth? This is pennies compared the the full budget at sega. Sega left most all the dreamcast games online for so long because it really wasn't costing them anything at all. If you look at the PC gaming community. Most games are run entirely by the community. Gamers buy, run, and administrate their own servers. It doesn't cost that much money. So sega won't be dropping F355 for monitary reasons.

If anything F355 will go down because sega moved a machine, or data to another server. A few weeks later sega gets a bunch of emails from gamers. "What happened to f355?!!!" Sega then kinda stares blankly at each other thinkin "That was still online? oops...hehe oh well", and then they would go back to work.

These servers and games are extremly important to us. However from Sega's standpoint and their employees, they have bigger fish to fry. So games either go offline by accident or because of redtape. Not because 'they need the money'.
Posted:
Sun Jul 04, 2004 4:43 am
quote : #18
I see you got some pics of F355 up Lordnikon Smile nice

Could u get pics of online race replays? (u probably cant make the regular 9pm UK time F355 races i suppose Sad)

There has been a very good turnout recently with lots of new racers as well as lots of experienced racers.. many battles going on for all the positions
Very Happy
F355 races every 20mins.. 9:00pm / 9:20pm / 9:40pm ...and so on.

http://f355.tsx.org <---F355 race reports, and championship info is posted here.
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Sun Jul 04, 2004 4:46 am
quote : #19
Type: NTSC-U/C
WormyTheWorm wrote:
I see you got some pics of F355 up Lordnikon Smile nice

Could u get pics of online race replays? (u probably cant make the regular 9pm UK time F355 races i suppose Sad)

There has been a very good turnout recently with lots of new racers as well as lots of experienced racers.. many battles going on for all the positions
Very Happy

I don't have a capture card or a digital camera. All the pics I have been posting are screenshots I have tracked down on the internet. If I had a capture card I would most definatly take some shots of online races. I would show up to more F355 games but....my work schedule right now is conflicting with the game times :[
Posted:
Sun Jul 04, 2004 6:56 am
quote : #20
Yeh nikon, i thought u might have got the pics off the net but i wasnt sure.
i am surprised that u dont have the picture equipment in your cyborg room of technology and wires.

is any1 (who plays F355) able to take pictures of the race replays?

it would be really cool to see some shots of the great races Smile

same for Starlancer (or any game really)

http://f355.tsx.org <---F355 race reports, and championship info is posted here.
Doomkiller
banned!
Posted:
Sun Jul 04, 2004 2:35 pm
quote : #21
actually i might be able to do that i'm 1/2 way done d/l the game and i have a digital camera that takes nice pictures of the v as long as i rig it up right which i do so i will see what i can do for u

WormyTheWorm
rank 9
Posted:
Sun Jul 04, 2004 2:45 pm
quote : #22
nice 1 Doomkiller.

I hope you can join in the online races Smile

Doomkiller
banned!
Posted:
Sun Jul 04, 2004 3:25 pm
quote : #23
me too sounds like so much fun
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Guapo79
rank 1
Posted:
Thu Jul 08, 2004 9:50 am
quote : #24
I do not know if you are able to play with a burned copy of F355 though. (try to buy a original copy, its cheap and pretty easy to get still)

The races are very much fun, you will need to be pretty good though, qualifying is pretty hard.
Many good racers are competing and qualifying times are pretty tight.

Guapo79 (N.R.)

Doomkiller
banned!
Posted:
Thu Jul 08, 2004 10:25 am
quote : #25
yeah i d/l the jap version so it doesn't matter and yeah it would work with a burnt copy