Page Location: Home > Archive - PAL PSO > Topic
Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
kingofgrills
rank 33
Posted:
Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:07 pm
quote : #16
profile : pm
I haven't verified this yet since I'm having Dreamcast connection problems in general, but I just read on the DCH site that the PSO servers are going down in conjunction with Sonic Team's site going away?

I don't want to start a panic, but can anyone confirm this rumor?

How are my little crackers doing today?
M1Savage
rank 12
Posted:
Fri Jul 02, 2004 3:15 pm
quote : #17
I've emailed them (as I'm sure many others have) but haven't got a reply yet. Nothing to do at this point except wait and see.

Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Sat Jul 03, 2004 5:49 am
quote : #18
Type: Pal
Well it seems the maintainance thing is correct but I also thing the closure is correct. I reckon its maintainance for JP and Fu*k off Pal. In Japan they still pay for PSO right? so they couldent just pull down thier server with no warning. All the Pal ships will be taken away at a guess and it just remans to be seen if they leave a JP gate up for Pal players, but I wouldent hold my breath.

Servers still not up as of 10 mins ago.

Laters
Posted:
Sat Jul 03, 2004 9:15 am
quote : #19
i'd of thought SEGA would've given us some sort of warning if they were to close the PAL ships and make it impossible for us to play...

if not, i will have to find a *ahem* Alternative way to play PSO Surprised

F355 and Starlancer reports Smile
Chris5687
unknown
Posted:
Sat Jul 03, 2004 2:20 pm
quote : #20
here is a quote from a user at DreamcastHistory:

qatmix wrote:
Spoke to my mate at sega europe today and he said its staying up for the forseable future. Its got nothing to do with the Sammy sight and is linked to the European PSO servers for GC and X box.

i have no idea if this guy knows what he is talking about, and osme things we know for sure kinda contradict what he is saying in some parts, but by god I hope he is right.

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Sun Jul 04, 2004 4:31 am
quote : #21
Type: NTSC-U/C
Yea this all seems like maintenance. This has nothing to do with Sammy. Also Sega of Europe has always told us PSO on DC would stay up and had no plans of coming down. I think people need to calm down a bit and wait and just see what happens. I think their is a problem and they are working on fixing it. Has anyone bothered to email sega of europe for an official response on all of this yet?
Posted:
Sun Jul 04, 2004 1:27 pm
quote : #22
I emailed them on the 1st but still haven't got a reply.

jhorto1
unknown
Posted:
Sun Jul 04, 2004 1:48 pm
quote : #23
Meh... They're still down and I was looking forward to playing my first real online game of PSO. Actually, I've played online before but never with other players.
I hope it isn't down for good.
rank 43
Posted:
Sun Jul 04, 2004 4:26 pm
quote : #24
lordnikon wrote:
Yea this all seems like maintenance. This has nothing to do with Sammy. Also Sega of Europe has always told us PSO on DC would stay up and had no plans of coming down. I think people need to calm down a bit and wait and just see what happens. I think their is a problem and they are working on fixing it. Has anyone bothered to email sega of europe for an official response on all of this yet?

Well I wouldent say I was panicking Im just exceptig the inevitable even if it isnt happening right now. Knowing this will one day happen has allowed some of us to prepare for this eventuality. Id love it if it is maintainance Id much prefer to stay on th original PSO servers. Here in my opinion are the 3 biggest reasons that dont support maintainance.

1: The jap maintainance is to remove some of the ships yet Pal 50htz server is down, it only has 1 ship so that doesnt tie in at all.

2: Its not the same message you get when you log on when maintainance is happening.

3: No one whos mailed Sega europe has a reply yet sega europes replies are normaly instant. They are waiting for something IMO.

Anyway enuf debating about it from me, its either gone or it isnt only time will tell. From now on Im ny responding to official news and to confirm if servers are up or down on testing.

Servers down as of 10 mins ago.

Laters
Posted:
Sun Jul 04, 2004 9:00 pm
quote : #25
If the number of JPN ships is being reduced, then it is logical to assume that they would also reduce the number of EU PSO ships.
Really, they only need 2 JP ships and 1 EU ship.

Changing the configuration of the JPN service would mean adjustments to the EU servers.

I don't think it's been shut down, and I I seriously doubt this has anything to do with Sammy.

We will have to wait and see; remember that SOE are not in the loop as far as what goes on at Sonic Team is concerned, so it's not surprising they have not said anything yet.

I think this is just maintenance and re-configuration difficulties.
Posted:
Sun Jul 04, 2004 11:49 pm
quote : #26
Hi All

my mate doesnt work with the network guys at Sega. However he plays PSO and told me a couple of weeks ago that there was no immediate plans to remove the servers for PAL (A few sega europe guys still play PSO on the DC)

I havent spoke to him about this recent outage, I will hopefully chat to him on Weds.

Cheers
Q
Posted:
Mon Jul 05, 2004 7:12 am
quote : #27
I phoned sega europe this morning to ask about the servers. I was put on hold while the customer service women got the latest news which was rather dull. Sega europe have contacted Sonic team and Sonic team have informed Sega europe that the server is down with no information yet on when it will be back on. As the JP players can still access pso and the Pal servers I dont like it one bit. Why would they close our login server? very odd they never did that before Sad .

Laters
Posted:
Mon Jul 05, 2004 8:42 am
quote : #28
Type: NTSC-U/C
Hi,

I also phoned Sega-europe today...lol, and got much the same response as you....."Sega europe has been in contact with Sonic team and they are unable to say when the situation will be resolved"......I then asked however, it they knew if it was a perminanent shut down....or if it was a temporary glitch, and the guy I spoke to assured me that it was only temporary and that Sonic team were working on having the the problem resolved and that the servers were not being shut down.

So this does sound promising, but then again....There is no way of knowing how much this guy knew....or how honest he was

Cheers, Craig

PSO = Ryo or SEGADCER
Q3A, Starlancer
Max Pool = Segadcer
4x4 Evo = Segadreamcaster

Visit the NEW Saturn netlink league www.saturnleague.com
M1Savage
rank 12
Posted:
Mon Jul 05, 2004 10:28 am
quote : #29
Well, like your avatar says - I Want To Believe

jhorto1
unknown
Posted:
Mon Jul 05, 2004 6:41 pm
quote : #30
Well, at least I have some more time to build up my character offline before my first foray online. He's a mighty level 11 ranger now!! Hahahaha!