Total Votes : 102
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Sun Jul 04, 2004 9:09 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
[note: This is the poll of the month. A discussion motovating poll asking real questions pertaining to this community. The monthly time period between polls was chosen in order to facilitate worthwhile discussions and give them room to evolve with worthwhile conversation.]

Last edited by lordnikon on Fri Feb 25, 2005 7:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Posted:
Sun Jul 04, 2004 11:41 am
quote : #2
Great idea lord! Man since i've gotten the dc keyboard for $5.23 at an eb like a week back surfing the net has been freaking awesome! Now if i could just find a mouse for dirt cheap Twisted Evil !

DaMan
rank 28
Posted:
Sun Jul 04, 2004 3:21 pm
quote : #3
I have official full size KB ( now I gotta get 1 that works for my ps2 ) I cant imagine playing most of my online game w/o the KB.
YouBlowinMyHigh
rank 9
Posted:
Sun Jul 04, 2004 7:48 pm
quote : #4
Yah i have 2 Dreamcast Full sized keyboards Mr. Green also daman u might wanna try a powerboard or a sharkboard for ur ps2 i think the shark is bettter Embarassed

DaMan
rank 28
Posted:
Sun Jul 04, 2004 8:56 pm
quote : #5
Well I have the datel powerboard , but its not doing anything for me. it did work on some sports games for my bro though.
as LordNikon can testify from playing on Twisted Metal Black Online and auto modellista the durn thing refuses to work .
been thinking a kb for ps2 whether or not it should ps2 specific or not.
thanks for the info HateCrime!
Syndalis
rank 8
Posted:
Sun Jul 04, 2004 9:11 pm
quote : #6
Full size keyboard and official mouse.

Is there ANY other way?
rank 7
Posted:
Mon Jul 05, 2004 12:38 am
quote : #7
I use adapters Embarassed

can't seem to find those damned sega accesories anywhere in my place.

WormyTheWorm
rank 9
Posted:
Mon Jul 05, 2004 6:35 am
quote : #8
i got my sega Keyboard and mouse for quake3 shrotly after it was released Smile the mouse lasted well and so has the keyboard which has survived a couple of beer spillages!, but no PAL q3 now Sad

the keys are great for talking in games.. obviously lol, it sucks having to use the virtual keyboard if u need to say something quickly!.

(Quake3 was the only thing i used the mouse for actually, i prefer using the pad for surfing the net)
I like to use the virtual on-screen keyboard to write very short things though like signing in and my password for OC.. and i can write 'onlineconsoles.com' pretty damn quickly with the pad Very Happy

i am glad i didnt have to use the on-screen keyboard to write this stuff!, it wouldve taken quite a while
F355 races every 20mins.. 9:00pm / 9:20pm / 9:40pm ...and so on.

http://f355.tsx.org <---F355 race reports, and championship info is posted here.
SoldierBlade
rank 14
Posted:
Mon Jul 05, 2004 7:28 am
quote : #9
I use a full size official US keyboard and a standard gamepad for mousing. The local EB has a mouse for about 6 bucks so I'll prolly go pick that up pretty soon. I'd really like to get a 'mini' JIS JP DC keyboard because I use DreamPassport a LOT and the mapping on a US ASCII keyboard is quite different. Things like @ and ' and & are not in the right places etc... I thought about getting an adapter and using a PC keyboard, but then the S1 S2 and S3 keys wouldnt be there and those open the trigger menus in DP. Overall though, these big honkin' official US keyboards are pretty durable. I've popped off the spacebar about a dozen times, and it just pops right back on. A bargain for what I payed for it. Got it used at gamestop more than a year ago for just 3 bucks. A steal imo. Smile
Posted:
Mon Jul 05, 2004 9:41 am
quote : #10
WormyTheWorm wrote:
and i can write 'onlineconsoles.com' pretty damn quickly with the pad Very Happy

What about setting the site's url as a bookmark on the dc? :] thats faster than kb and the pad. Laughing

SoldierBlade wrote:
I'd really like to get a 'mini' JIS JP DC keyboard because I use DreamPassport a LOT and the mapping on a US ASCII keyboard is quite different.

One crazy disadvantage to the import mini, its is clearish....so you see the keys physical structure, and the US chars, and the JP chars. So it really takes it's toll on your eyes trying to visually look for the keys. But it's small size makes up for this. Such a space saver.

SoldierBlade wrote:
I thought about getting an adapter and using a PC keyboard, but then the S1 S2 and S3 keys wouldnt be there and those open the trigger menus in DP.

Actually to open the trigger menus with a KB connected via an adaptor you just hit the little window keys on the keyboard. They are down near the ALT keys...right next to the spacebar.
Posted:
Mon Jul 05, 2004 12:16 pm
quote : #11
yes i do have this site in a bookmark, but i often just type in to the URL bar using the onscreen keyboard... its kind of satisfying for some reason.. trying to do it as quickly as possible Smile
F355 races every 20mins.. 9:00pm / 9:20pm / 9:40pm ...and so on.

http://f355.tsx.org <---F355 race reports, and championship info is posted here.
martianviking
rank 23
Posted:
Tue Jul 06, 2004 6:07 pm
quote : #12
I have a few different "official" Sega keyboards, and I'm not sure which are really "official." One says "Dreamcast" above the numeric keypad while the others say "sega/net."
DaMan
rank 28
Posted:
Tue Jul 06, 2004 8:52 pm
quote : #13
hmmm, I guess seganet subscribers got the one with seganet on it as part of that join seganet and get a free KB offer.
mine says Dreamcast above the numeric keypad.
Then again my kb's box was part of the 2nd wave , y'know " Dreamcast : the ultimate game system".
Goshikyu
rank 4
Posted:
Tue Jul 06, 2004 10:38 pm
quote : #14
i use on screen keyboard.
i need to buy a keyboard......
Posted:
Thu Jul 08, 2004 12:11 am
quote : #15
i use the offcial full size keyboard. bought brand new at gamestop for $10 in summer 2001 Very Happy there has 2 more even, i wish they still had, whch they probably would have but that gamestop shutdown. it was in a place called el con mall here and that mall is deeeeead. literary like 5 stores int here and one 1 or 2 are actually worthwhile. the outside of the mall is pretty good though, huge movie theater, home depot, Krispy Kream, and soon target. i used to like that mall alot though cause its close and has a game stop which basically no one in there hardly, and because of that a nice stock Twisted Evil its no wonder it shut down.

i also got there a DC mouse, for dirt cheap.

at first i barely used the keyboard, only a little for browsing and a little for Bomberman Online, whicha t the itme was my only online game. and when i got the mouse i was highly disappointed because early Dreamkey versions did nto support it, son enough it got and still gets fair use, with Unreal Tournament (until server shutdown) and Quake 3. However it seems it is broken now, wont scrool sideways Sad

and man, i used my keyboard TONS. especially last summer when i payed daily, sometimes morning to end of afternoon Very Happy

anyways, that good guy tony2004 needs a keyboard badly Very Happy i wish i could help him out but i dont know anywhere thats sells a keyboard here anymore