Topic: Flea-market 'deal'

Page 1 of 2
aflyingcow
rank 15
Posted:
Sun Jul 04, 2004 4:27 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
So, I went to a flea market to check out some DC games [one of the only places with decent games that is relatively close to me]... and I found something I really wanted
- NTSC Confidential Mission [Mint, but not sealed] [first time I held a copy of this game.. hear its very rare]
- NTSC Light-Gun [forgot the brand, but throw me some names and i'll remember, good condition]

She told me she'll sell the gun at $30 CAD, and the game at $27 CAD... and game me a deal for 54 bucks. So $54 for a light-gun and Confidential Mission. I hesitated and decided not to get it.. but now I fear I chose wrong. I haggled to no avail [40 and 45], as her best deal was 54 bucks.

Should I go back there buy it? Is it worth the money?

Doomkiller
banned!
Posted:
Sun Jul 04, 2004 4:34 pm
quote : #2
I wouldn't i've seen much better deals all over for any type of light gun not sure about game though

DaMan
rank 28
Posted:
Sun Jul 04, 2004 8:48 pm
quote : #3
Type: NTSC-U/C
Confidential Mission sold for 19.99 Brand new!
thats quite a markup.
darkooga
rank 19
Posted:
Sun Jul 04, 2004 11:21 pm
quote : #4
its a short game though
Posted:
Mon Jul 05, 2004 1:04 am
quote : #5
Hell no! i wouldn't pay that much. The DC itself doesn't sell for that. Tell the lady that the whole package is worth 20.00 bucks.

Syndalis
rank 8
Posted:
Mon Jul 05, 2004 8:01 am
quote : #6
But everyone remember....

54.00 CDN really equals aboot fifty cents.

Wink

Just kidding, but for us American forumers, keep in mind that its closer to 30.00 USD. Still high in my opinion.
rank 87
Posted:
Mon Jul 05, 2004 9:59 am
quote : #7
If that was about 30 US dollers that was a pretty good deal. Your not gonna find a better deal in the US for that. Confidential Mission alone costs 20 bucks used.
Posted:
Mon Jul 05, 2004 11:53 am
quote : #8
So it's a rare game hmm.. Almost everywhere I go, lightguns sell for about 30 bucks CAD.

MK
rank 16
Posted:
Tue Jul 06, 2004 2:26 am
quote : #9
I don' t think the official Sega lightgun was ever released outside of Japan. The only one that I can think of is the MadCatz Blaster and the StarFire or FireStar Crapcompany gun. I have House of the Dead 2 and two of the MadCatz Blasters. I got them guns for 20 bucks each. Kind of pricey, I know, but you can't stop that craving for Honeycomb. And pure lightgun action.

Using my local GameCrazy's special order feature [the main reason why I shop there. I have no credit card, so no e-Bay for me], I ordered Confidential mission for 8 bucks from another GameCrazy. I'm sure it's used, but c'mon.

It's 8 freakin' bucks. Everywhere else [online] it was 13 bucks to 25 bucks, depending on where you looked. I wonder if it came in yet. This particular store has a very bad habit of forgetting to call me when my stuff gets in. *Le ponder*
Posted:
Tue Jul 06, 2004 8:54 am
quote : #10
MK, you don't need a credit card to buy from Ebay. I just buy it, select money order, and ride by bike up to the service station and buy a money order and send it. it's pretty easy, although I haven't done it in a while
Posted:
Tue Jul 06, 2004 11:37 am
quote : #11
I think I'm going to end up buying that deal, and another gun from another flea market. This seems really pricey, but it's probably because i'm not used to finding DC stuff to be so expensive (my EBs used to have tons of rare stuff for cheap prices).

While i'm there, i think i'm going to pick up House of the Dead 2. I hear it has lots more replay value than Confidential Mission.

MK
rank 16
Posted:
Tue Jul 06, 2004 11:40 am
quote : #12
Just stay away from the Starfire Blaster and try to get the official or otherwise Madcatz light gun. I've heard bad things about it.
Posted:
Tue Jul 06, 2004 11:41 am
quote : #13
House of the Dead 2 is very sweet. You shouldnt pass up that one.
rank 87
Posted:
Tue Jul 06, 2004 2:39 pm
quote : #14
aflyingcow wrote:
I think I'm going to end up buying that deal, and another gun from another flea market. This seems really pricey, but it's probably because i'm not used to finding DC stuff to be so expensive (my EBs used to have tons of rare stuff for cheap prices).

While i'm there, i think i'm going to pick up House of the Dead 2. I hear it has lots more replay value than Confidential Mission.

Yea see eventually Dreamcast prices will all start going up. if you think about it, over the course of the last year just look at all the games the people at THIS website have purchased alone. All the deals we have found and all the games we have accumulated at rock bottom prices. Consoles are starting to become scarce and games are harder to find. The hardcore dreamcast gamers are buying everything up. I'd say if you can find a game in near mint condition for $20 USD or less, then go for it.
Posted:
Tue Jul 06, 2004 8:55 pm
quote : #15
my gamecrazy has all there dreamcast games priced under 20 dollars except starlancer which is the game i really want. nut i have no money.