Page 1 of 1
Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Mon Jul 05, 2004 9:24 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: Pal
Im thinking of getting this game for DC as years ago I had the original version on PSone and loved it to bits. I was put off getting 2nd offensive on the DC due to the crappy reviews it got Sad . Since then I have played many games with crappy reviews which I actualy found rather good e.g Spped devils, Hydro thunder. The official DC mag ( euro version ) gave so many games low scores Im not surprised the DC didnt do as well as it could have.

So is this game worth getting?. Will I enjoy it if I liked the original?. Is it as good as Vigilante 8 on the PSone?.

on ebay I think I can get it for around £4 including P&P

Laters
Posted:
Mon Jul 05, 2004 9:40 am
quote : #2
Yeah I'd buy it. I rented it once and really enjoyed it. Its graphics are decent and the sound is good. The characters are strange, but then there supposed to be. The gameplay is sound, but I wished there were more weapons. I cant say how well it compares to the PS1 original since I havent played it, but I can say that its overall a good game and worth the price you found it at.
Posted:
Mon Jul 05, 2004 10:21 am
quote : #3
well its literally a straight port so if you loved the original you'll enjoy the dc version as it has improved graphics. i like this game for multiplayer but the controlls get on my tits after a while. good game tho
Posted:
Mon Jul 05, 2004 11:56 am
quote : #4
Yea I used to played this to hell on my N64, and I tried this game too; VERY fun. The new vehicles and specials are so damn cool and fun to use.

Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Mon Jul 05, 2004 4:47 pm
quote : #5
Type: Pal
Thanks people Smile With those positive responses I will go forth armed with knowledge to buy Vigilante 8 2nd offensive. Cheers.

Laters
Posted:
Tue Jul 06, 2004 12:45 am
quote : #6
I have this game and its a good game, and plus with a code you can access the first games' maps , so its like having the first Vigilante 8 with better graphics. This way you can relive some of the old days too. Wink

Einhander
rank 20
Posted:
Wed Jul 07, 2004 3:33 pm
quote : #7
Type: NTSC-U/C
Me and my roommate used to play a good bit of Twisted Metal 4 on the PS, teaming up and royally owning the AI, so I figure I'd have to give V8 a try, since it will be a new experience, and supports four players.

I too was a little put off by the low review scores, but if you guys say it's good, I'll have to check it out.

SonicArcade
rank 5
Posted:
Wed Jul 07, 2004 3:38 pm
quote : #8
Websites may have not given it the best reviews, but it definitely is a lot of Twisted Metal-ish fun. Not the best textures on the polys, but it still is a fun game to play. Arcade/Survival against a bunch of Hard AI is pretty chaotic Very Happy
Posted:
Wed Jul 07, 2004 3:53 pm
quote : #9
sounds fun. I'll have to keep my eyes out for it when I go check EB