Page 1 of 1
Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Wed Jul 07, 2004 11:57 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: Pal
As this game didnt get an official release then of course I have no rule book as I dont expect the rest of you do?. Maybe someone has a PC copy of the rules, is it any use?. I thought Id make this thread where we can share things we know or have found out about the game. Im particularly interested in how the guage ( when you bowl ) works. What exactly are you supposed to do?.

Below is a list of stuff I have figured out about the game.

Smile

Laters
Posted:
Wed Jul 07, 2004 11:56 pm
quote : #2
Hmm, great list. It seems you've found out pretty much everything about the game. Good job.

Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Thu Jul 08, 2004 6:48 am
quote : #3
Yes Im affriad Im not doing that well, especialy with the lack of PBA players posting here dont help.
Im doing ok at the game problem is I can seem to make the ball go right then curve left for my first shot ( right handed bowler ) but if I get pins left on the right of the lane I cant realy hit them Sad . How to make the dam ball go right?. Every other bowling game Ive played has a spin option which isnt visible in this game. I take it spin is controled on the same guage as power but Im not sure how?.
How many pins to qualify for a competition?. I havent qualified once yet Sad

Laters
Posted:
Thu Jul 08, 2004 10:37 am
quote : #4
I have never seen PBA's gauge, but if you couldn't figure out just by looking, I don't think the effetc depends on the gauge.
Have you already tried to point both directionals (one at a time, of course) to the side you want the ball to turn?

Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Thu Jul 08, 2004 5:16 pm
quote : #5
The guage on PBA looks almost exactly like the ones on Actua golf games on PSX. If you miss the line on Actua golf by going over or under this can cause slice or hook of the ball. Wonder if its a similar process for PBA?.

You dont seem to be able to aim by direction in PBA you only control where you stand, and then throw the ball.

Laters
Posted:
Thu Jul 08, 2004 5:45 pm
quote : #6
It seems to play a lot like ten pen alley for psx imo. I'm pretty sure the first meter is for power, the second for backswing, and the third for spin.
Posted:
Fri Jul 09, 2004 6:57 am
quote : #7
SoldierBlade wrote:
It seems to play a lot like ten pen alley for psx imo. I'm pretty sure the first meter is for power, the second for backswing, and the third for spin.

Well I only been stoping the guage twice, once on its first time up ( thats definatly power ) then I let it go all the way back down then try and hit the line as it goes up again. Perhaps I should try stopping it 3 times then and I take it the 2nd time woul be on the way back down after the first stop?. Hmm this could get confusing lol.

Laters
Posted:
Fri Jul 09, 2004 10:15 am
quote : #8
This has me wanting to get it out and refresh my memory on how to play it hehe. There for awhile I was getting pretty decent at it, but quit playing when I gave up trying to get it to connect. Damn thing wont even connect to my isp. Anyway, try this. Assuming your character is right handed, place his/her left foot directly behind the dot to the right of center, and the arrow exactly in the middle. Then hit the first meter at the top line, second at the bottom and the third i think somewhere in the middle of the gague. Boy...if I'm wrong about this, I'm prolly sounding like an ID10T, but if I remember corectly, thats how I did most of my strikes. *fingers crossed*
Posted:
Sat Jul 10, 2004 1:18 pm
quote : #9
Thanks for that m8 but I already have a nice curve ball going for my first shot, however what you mention sounds great for picking a up a spare so I'll give that a go.

Shame you couldent get it online Sad I already tested mine and it went on ok fine. Sometimes lifes a bitch.

Laters