Page Location: Home > Dreamcast Lounge > Topic
1, 2  Next
Mir_wan
rank 7
Posted:
Thu Jul 08, 2004 6:53 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
i just wanted to see what you guys favorite dreamcast is and why....For me my favorite game is Shenmue. Ive played this game for hours including messing around in the town, with raffle tickets and arcade games and such.. I also thought this had a great story to it. I also liked the different ways of fighting.

limpbizkitfan943
rank 16
Posted:
Thu Jul 08, 2004 7:32 pm
quote : #2
I love so many Dreamcast games, I can't decide!

my favorites though have to be one of the following:

Sonic Adventure
Phantasy Star Online v2
Worms Armageddon

I love a lot more of them, but those are probably my 3 favorites
Posted:
Thu Jul 08, 2004 7:38 pm
quote : #3
Skies of Arcadia

Stewy01
rank 9
Posted:
Thu Jul 08, 2004 7:47 pm
quote : #4
Ayup, Shenmue is the best game of all time. Specially Shenmue II, considering how extremely advanced Kowloon was for our DCs at the time. It's hard to believe that Shenmue II loaded as fast as it did, considering the level of detail put into all of those empty, useless rooms.
Posted:
Thu Jul 08, 2004 9:40 pm
quote : #5
Well this is a hard one i would have to say lets see........................................................... Quake3. Only because i had so much fun online with it and it was just a great port of the game to dreamcast. I would rather play it on dreamcast with a cardboard box under my mouse and a keyboard than on a pc Twisted Evil playing against fraggers in brazil on late @ night was really tight.

darkooga
rank 19
Posted:
Thu Jul 08, 2004 10:18 pm
quote : #6
shenmue 2 of course, like most people here.
Posted:
Fri Jul 09, 2004 4:59 am
quote : #7
ikaruga followed by shenmue 2
Posted:
Fri Jul 09, 2004 11:26 am
quote : #8
My god...do I have to decide on just one? How about I list my favorites in genres.

Racing: Test Drive LeMans

The sensation of speed is tremendous, the graphics are unbelievable even if their not 60fps, the cars are from my favorite racing class, and the controls are spot on. What more could you want? Online play? Oh well, cant have it all.... Razz

2D Fighting: Capcom VS SNK 2

The sheer depth of gameplay, the massive number of characters, the beautiful graphics, and theres just something about a team of Evil Ryu, Orochi Iori and Shin Akuma... Plus great music that fits the action pretty well, which is more than I can say for Marvel VS Capcom 2.

3D Fighting: Dead or Alive 2 SE

Ok, I have a weakness for well rendered hotties throwin down mad ninjitsu. Sure Soul Calibur has Taki, but this has oh so much more.... LOL

Puzzle: Super Puzzle Fighter II X

Without a doubt the finest version of the finest and most addictive puzzle game ever to infect a console. I prefer this to Puyo Puyo Fever....its that good.

Adventure: Shenmue 2

Anyone who says they dont like this game has one of three problems. One, they have never played it and have only read the reviews by people that are of problem type 3. Two, they have played the XBOX version and heard the sad excuse for English voice acting that plagued that version without ever hearing the greatness of its original Japanese track. Three, they are the fools who refuse to accept something truly groundbreaking and original and have written off Shenmue as being too slow and boring. Sadly, people of problem type 3 have been known to write reviews reflecting their opinions, misguided as they are, and influence people of problem type 1. Razz

RPG: Grandia 2

100% pure Game Arts goodness! Its a bit too short, but it makes up for it in everything else that it just aces on.

Classic Schmup: Ikaruga

Doesnt get much better than this. Treasure ownz!

FPS: Quake 3

I shouldnt have to explain this one.

The WTF is that? genre: Cosmic Smash

There are no words to describe exactly what the hell this game is other than its sorta like tennis, but not tennis... Go play it... NOW! Theres nothing else like it.

Those are the only genres I really care for, but I cant just pick from one of those.
Posted:
Fri Jul 09, 2004 12:04 pm
quote : #9
Shenmue 1/2 and F355 Challenge show the DC at it's best. Masterpieces.
i've got loads of racers for PS2/GC/DC and F355 is still the best. Even if it was offline only.
GT3 is getting dustier by the day.

SoldierBlade
rank 14
Posted:
Fri Jul 09, 2004 12:09 pm
quote : #10
As good as F355 is, I dont feel that it can be compared to GT3. Nothing can be compared to GT3.
Posted:
Fri Jul 09, 2004 12:21 pm
quote : #11
with as cool as Quake 3 is, nothing compares to Unreal Tournament. nothing. even though Quake 3 is online, which is the only reason I bought it, Unreal Tournament simply blows it out of the water
Posted:
Sat Jul 10, 2004 11:42 am
quote : #12
Oh i really liked the off beat games like samba, rez, and cosmic smash. Sega made such unique games for the DC that sets them apart from the usual games churned out by the big developers and publishers.

DreamcastMagic
banned!
Posted:
Sat Jul 10, 2004 1:08 pm
quote : #13
limpbizkitfan943 wrote:
with as cool as Quake 3 is, nothing compares to Unreal Tournament. nothing. even though Quake 3 is online, which is the only reason I bought it, Unreal Tournament simply blows it out of the water

Damn straight!!!!!!

Played that game online everynight for a year until I switched to cable internet and didn't know about free isp's. The servers closed days after I found a free ISP to use and didn't get a chance to make a big come back online like I wanted to but I got a few games in Sad

jhorto1
unknown
Posted:
Sat Jul 10, 2004 1:15 pm
quote : #14
Hmmm... I'd have to say Grandia II with Samba De Amigo a close second. So many great games, but thinking back, the game I remember thinking about all the time while I played was Grandia II. The combat system made the usually dull and repetitive RPG battles fun.

I also should put a word in for Zero Gunner. It's a stunning 2D shooter that many people overlook.
rank 5
Posted:
Tue May 08, 2012 4:46 pm
quote : #15
Type: NTSC-U/C
My favorite game on the Sega Dreamcast is Sonic Adventure 2.