Page 1 of 2
F-Man
rank 5
Posted:
Tue Sep 09, 2003 4:35 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Yes, it is. Very Happy

I got it fixed 3 days ago though, it would have been more special if it was today.
Oh well, happy birthday DC. I hope it's not considered off-topic or anything to say topics like this btw.
Posted:
Tue Sep 09, 2003 5:55 pm
quote : #2
im adding a image that I made in honor of the great event. Happy Birthday DC!

twistedidiot
rank 7
Posted:
Tue Sep 09, 2003 6:02 pm
quote : #3
My Dreamcast was manufactured March 2000 and I purchased it March 17, 2000 at 3:47 pm at a Target store for US $199.99. (Yep I still have the receipt). He was so cute all tucked into his lil box, smelling so good with that new electronic smell.
I have watched with pride as he has grown and competed despite his creator's abandonment. I will shed a bitter tear the day he powers down for the last time (hopefully not for years to come).
Posted:
Tue Sep 09, 2003 7:36 pm
quote : #4
Happy birthday DC!
rank 25
Posted:
Tue Sep 09, 2003 10:02 pm
quote : #5
i remember like 2 years ago a guy at work offered to sell me his sons misused dreamcast. he described it as black, and at the time i thought all dcs were white, so i assumed his son painted it or somthing. strike one. and he was gonna throw in all his games they were all sports games, strike two. and durring that same time strike three came, my one buddy tells me,
"dude, i just played a game thatll change your friggen LIFE!"
"oh yeah, what is it",
"its on microsofts new system, its called halo......"

Now Playing: PS3 - Brutal Legend, 360 - Red Dead Redemption, Wii - MadWorld, DC - Dux
evilnine
unknown
Posted:
Tue Sep 09, 2003 10:10 pm
quote : #6
wel i doubt that 09/09 is the official b-day of DC cause the system was first realeased in march of 99 in japan so i think the consoles b-day is wwaaaayy off lol
Posted:
Tue Sep 09, 2003 10:48 pm
quote : #7
Type: NTSC-U/C
MasterChief wrote:
my one buddy tells me,
"dude, i just played a game thatll change your friggen LIFE!"
"oh yeah, what is it",
"its on microsofts new system, its called halo......"

What does this have to do with dreamcast's birthday?

btw: HAPPY BIRTHDAY DREAMCAST!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Posted:
Tue Sep 09, 2003 11:35 pm
quote : #8
just how i got sidetracked for so damed long, sigh, if i knew then what i know now....

Now Playing: PS3 - Brutal Legend, 360 - Red Dead Redemption, Wii - MadWorld, DC - Dux
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Tue Sep 09, 2003 11:42 pm
quote : #9
Type: NTSC-U/C
MasterChief wrote:
just how i got sidetracked for so damed long, sigh, if i knew then what i know now....

Yea I agree, I wish there was some sort of unifying site such as this back when seganet was in full swing. I think people would have gotten a whole lot more into it, and maybe the dreamcast would still be on store shelves today.

The fact is most gamers don't take action, and sit around waiting for something to happen. Sega should have realised this. Sega should have had an active site pinpointing sega online gaming, and should have gotten more involved with it.
Posted:
Tue Sep 09, 2003 11:58 pm
quote : #10
yeah no kidding. do you even remember them advertising there online capabilities?ive been in arguments before that ps2 was the first console to go online!!

evilnine
unknown
Posted:
Wed Sep 10, 2003 12:03 am
quote : #11
actually the 1st online console was the genesis thanx to the x-band but the x-band wasint an official sega product but it was first made for the genesis, also soon after that they realeased the xband for the snes, after that it was the saturn but the modem for the saturn was an official sega product, so u can basically say that sega was the first company to launch their consoles online
Posted:
Wed Sep 10, 2003 3:02 pm
quote : #12
evilnine wrote:
wel i doubt that 09/09 is the official b-day of DC cause the system was first realeased in march of 99 in japan so i think the consoles b-day is wwaaaayy off lol

Of course I was talking about the American release date.
Oh and it got released in 98 in Japan.
Posted:
Wed Sep 10, 2003 4:09 pm
quote : #13
Well, the DC was the first console to connect gamers via the WEB. Genesis had modem to modem play, I think...

Laters

Kudou-Yusaku
rank 3
Posted:
Wed Sep 10, 2003 4:12 pm
quote : #14
Hey guys, just want you to know that Quake III is sitll online.
rank 7
Posted:
Thu Sep 11, 2003 12:33 am
quote : #15
Kudou-Yusaku wrote:
Hey guys, just want you to know that Quake III is sitll online.

Good! Go find BOBOT and try to out frag him. Laughing

I'm too busy playing PSO right now so I'll leave my light work to you. Good luck.