Page Location: Home > Maximum Pool > Topic
Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
GohanBR
rank 8
Posted:
Fri Jul 23, 2004 12:55 am
quote : #16
profile : pm
Yes Burt, you are correct. Bosshogg's site was something about backing up GameFaqs's threads (even the layout was the same). Next I am able, I will ask for his site at GF's BMO board, I believe someone will have the URL.
A friend of mine downloaded Maximum Pool's GameSaves.de save and uploaded it to PW's site ( www.planetweb.com ). His alias will be Corvo, most likely.
I used to play Maximum Pool on-line for a short while. Most of players were PC users and I've only met one person there with Dreamcast. I never had any lag problems, actually everything used to happen pretty fast.
The only server problem I can remember right now is the on-screen "keyboard". Luckly I never hadt use it, but it was not a virtual keyboard as most of Dreamcast games have, it was like an old days scrolling keyboard (those for passwords).

Posted Fri Jul 23, 2004 4:05 am:

Here is the link for the save:

http://dreamcast.planetweb.com/gamers/savedgames.html?game=maxpool

It takes 9 blocks of the VMU and I do not know if it can be downloaded with other PW's browsers. It is the first save on the list.
Posted:
Fri Jul 23, 2004 8:26 am
quote : #17
Type: Pal
Ahh very well done Gohan Smile . Im not sure if the save is actualy of any use at all as no one answerd any of the stuff I posted about Maximum pool. Everyon seemed more interested in my DC grill Smile .. I suppose if another server was ever mad that save could be used as some kind of guide to help the DC divert to a new server.

Laters
Posted:
Fri Jul 23, 2004 9:10 am
quote : #18
Type: NTSC-U/C
So does this save allow you to re-direct the game or something? What does the save do specifically?
Posted:
Fri Jul 23, 2004 12:29 pm
quote : #19
lordnikon wrote:
So does this save allow you to re-direct the game or something? What does the save do specifically?

All I know is that at some stage Maximum pool for some reason went offline to DC users. By using this save you could still play Maximum pool online. The exact words used to describe it to me were, " this save allows you to play on the PC server ". Then so say the PC server went offline also. I totaly forgot to look but I bet you could find old posts about this at www.dcog.netfirms.com

Laters
Posted:
Fri Jul 23, 2004 1:06 pm
quote : #20
Certainly sounds interesting.....can anybody confirm without a doubt that the PC servers are also offline?.....just wondering because it seems to be a pretty unknown situation

PSO = Ryo or SEGADCER
Q3A, Starlancer
Max Pool = Segadcer
4x4 Evo = Segadreamcaster

Visit the NEW Saturn netlink league www.saturnleague.com
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Fri Jul 23, 2004 2:09 pm
quote : #21
The PC, DC, MAC players all supposedly used the same servers.
Posted:
Fri Jul 23, 2004 2:10 pm
quote : #22
If thats true why would you need the game save to play on pc servers or is it same server just seperated?

GohanBR
rank 8
Posted:
Fri Jul 23, 2004 4:49 pm
quote : #23
I am not sure about this, but I think the server was the same, although it was divided in areas (PC, DC and MAC), however you needed to complete certain things within the game in order to go to the other areas.
Unless someone confirms the PC server is down, we need to get to Bosshogg. By the way Burt, if you talk to him, remember he has a MAC, not a PC.
Posted:
Fri Jul 23, 2004 4:53 pm
quote : #24
Well, hopefully I will be able to confirm either way if the PC servers are still online or not (unless someone else can tell us earlier) when I receive the PC version of the game....hopefully by the end of next week.....we shall see

PSO = Ryo or SEGADCER
Q3A, Starlancer
Max Pool = Segadcer

deadmanshand
rank 11
Posted:
Fri Jul 23, 2004 10:44 pm
quote : #25
i tried going to that link to get the save file for the game but no such luck it keeps saying page couldnt be found. i tried doing it with pw 2.0 & pw 3.0 Evil or Very Mad

Doomkiller
banned!
Posted:
Fri Jul 23, 2004 10:54 pm
quote : #26
Doesn't matter the link is dead to the first file i was gonna d/l it and put on an angelfire site for easier access but i hit save target as and it gave me that error thingy which means the link is dead but if ur talking about the first english one on the list there was a portugesse one above it then thats still there.

Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Sat Jul 24, 2004 6:02 am
quote : #27
Im sure I read once that someone email sierra ( or however its spelt ) and they confirmed that the servers were all offline. No doubt though Segadreamcaster can confirm this soon enough.

Im not sure what the VMU save did as I said before. All the links I found to it were also dead, so do we have it now or not?.

Laters
Posted:
Sat Jul 24, 2004 11:02 am
quote : #28
None the less i will see if i can find it just to have i'm bored!

segadreamcaster
rank 37
Posted:
Wed Jul 28, 2004 10:06 am
quote : #29
OK, well I have the answer..........and the answer is...........The PC version of Maximum Pool..........Is indeed.............Still ONLINE!!!!!!

I have just installed and played an online game with maximum pool....so if we can find that save for definate, it might be worth a try

Plent of players to, about 150 online at the moment Laughing ....I only hope that this can be sorted, I cna't see any reason for this one as the game was designed to work together anyway at one point wasn't it?

Cheers, Craig

PS: Interesting to note, that although some of the game rooms are hosten by "Sierra" most of them are hosted by "Myleague.com"....hmmm, whats that all about I used to use myleage for yahoo pool?

PSO = Ryo or SEGADCER
Q3A, Starlancer
Max Pool = Segadcer

Doomkiller
banned!
Posted:
Wed Jul 28, 2004 10:29 am
quote : #30
Ok i was thinking and i think i read somwhere that if u beat the game it was an unloackable to play with the pc people but hey i'll still look for the save.