Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
segadreamcaster
rank 37
Posted:
Wed Jul 28, 2004 1:04 pm
quote : #31
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
That sounds interesting....about being able to unlock the PC servers? if this is true then its obviously the reason why a game save is available....as it simply involves unlocking the game and the uploading the save.

If this doesnt work for any reason....perhaps there would be a way to do it using....uhh humm.....codebreaker, using a simialr method to the PSO private servers?....dunno...just speculation

Cheers, Craig

PSO = Ryo or SEGADCER
Q3A, Starlancer
Max Pool = Segadcer
4x4 Evo = Segadreamcaster

Visit the NEW Saturn netlink league www.saturnleague.com
Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Wed Jul 28, 2004 2:47 pm
quote : #32
Type: Pal
Yeh this sounds very good indeed however Im not gonna get over excited. There was a reason why the DC players who used to play this online were no longer able to so we have to find out what this reason was and reverse it. Could be something horible like a login or redirect server being taken off by sega.

Laters
Posted:
Wed Jul 28, 2004 5:08 pm
quote : #33
so is the game still playable online for dreamcast? I need to know so I won't waste money. If it is online, then why is it still in the graveyard?

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Wed Jul 28, 2004 5:46 pm
quote : #34
Well first we would need to know where the PC version is pointing to so. Google is our friend. Gotta drudge up some information. To me it seems plausible that we could get this game working again. In theory you would just have to re-direct the game to where the PC's games are being played. That is...IF it's at a different location. For all we know, the DC could be pointing to the right list, but something was changed to prevent the game from viewing the list correctly.

So we'll have to tinker with it all and dig up some information on all this to see what possiblities there are.

Chile wrote:
so is the game still playable online for dreamcast? I need to know so I won't waste money. If it is online, then why is it still in the graveyard?

Its in the graveyard because it's not online right now.
Posted:
Wed Jul 28, 2004 5:55 pm
quote : #35
lord, in the words of Syndalis, "This looks like a job for the Codebreaker!" Mr. Green

Chile
rank 30
Posted:
Wed Jul 28, 2004 7:09 pm
quote : #36
where can i get a codebreaker disc?

Last edited by Chile on Thu Jul 29, 2004 1:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
rank 37
Posted:
Thu Jul 29, 2004 9:16 am
quote : #37
Ok, well I have just been exploring the PC version CD-rom by opening up various files in notepad.....I have come up with the following servers

coolpool.west.won.net:6003

coolpool.east.won.net:6003

This seem to be exactly the same as Lords finding for the DC version at the start of this thread.....here is the a section of the string where I found this info:

___UDP:%s__UDP:coolpool.east.won.net:6003__UDP:coolpool.west.won.net:6003__E6666EA0-DBB2-11d2-A771-0 06097C3E986___

Now...if this is correct and I have this correct, this means that the DC version should (theoretically) still be online...so perhaps lord is right and something has been done to stop the DC version from connecting?

Cheers, Craig

PS: this info was found in one of the application files named pool...using notepad to explore it

PSO = Ryo or SEGADCER
Q3A, Starlancer
Max Pool = Segadcer

Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Thu Jul 29, 2004 1:45 pm
quote : #38
Im gonna mail Siera and simply ask is it possible to play DC maximum pool online still and if not why. I'll notify of any reply.

Laters
Posted:
Thu Jul 29, 2004 1:49 pm
quote : #39
any luck sega dreamcaster?
rank 43
Posted:
Thu Jul 29, 2004 1:59 pm
quote : #40
I found the sierra entertainment website no problem however it froze on DC Sad so if someone else could mail them that would be cool. In form of results.

Laters
Posted:
Fri Jul 30, 2004 9:05 am
quote : #41
Ok, well I sent an email but I had to send it under career oppertunities (the other options are locked), so it probably wont be of any use.

Anyway, has anybody got anything to add about the master servers I posted....lord can you tell us if we can progress from here or does that make it impossible....I mean...whats would be worse, the fact that the the DC is pointing to active servers and still not working or pointing to ones that arent working?

Cheers, Craig

PS: Chile, read the rest of this thread to see our progress...not a lot but still

PSO = Ryo or SEGADCER
Q3A, Starlancer
Max Pool = Segadcer

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Fri Jul 30, 2004 9:37 am
quote : #42
segadreamcaster wrote:
Ok, well I sent an email but I had to send it under career oppertunities (the other options are locked), so it probably wont be of any use.

Anyway, has anybody got anything to add about the master servers I posted....lord can you tell us if we can progress from here or does that make it impossible....I mean...whats would be worse, the fact that the the DC is pointing to active servers and still not working or pointing to ones that arent working?

Cheers, Craig

PS: Chile, read the rest of this thread to see our progress...not a lot but still

I am going to do a hardcore few hour google search this weekend to track down if a filesave that fixes the online problems ever really existed. Far as I know this is a rumour so far, and I wanna see if anyone had really found a solution to getting this game back online in the past. Anyone else is free to do the same. Not that hard simply takes punching different queries into google until you feel you have searched everysite imaginable for info. I'll be doing this tonight prolly.
Posted:
Fri Jul 30, 2004 11:34 am
quote : #43
This may sound a bit obvious, but has anyone tried the gamesave GohanBR's friend uploaded? Question

-Mytho

Doomkiller
banned!
Posted:
Fri Jul 30, 2004 11:50 am
quote : #44
Yeah i did the link was dead and i even tried emailng him but the adress was gone.

Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Fri Jul 30, 2004 12:49 pm
quote : #45
The gamesave difinatly existed, I knew people who used it. There was no reason for them to bul shitting. I Suggest a good first place to start would be dcog.netfirms.com Im sure its there in a thread somewhere but it appears no thread with an obvious name exists. Could be in a thread that went off topic though.

Laters