Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
GohanBR
rank 8
Posted:
Fri Jul 30, 2004 12:55 pm
quote : #46
profile : pm
Doomkiller wrote:
Yeah i did the link was dead and i even tried emailng him but the adress was gone.

I think I have his current e-mail address somewhere. Even if you had e-mailed him, I guess it wouldn't be of any use, because I think he doesn't know English.

I have a lot of Japanese stuff to study this weekend, but as no one has found a complete save file yet, I may try to find it on the weekend.
Before someone starts looking, I'm almost sure that none of the GameFaqs' saves are able to the PC server, area or whatever it is. Anyway, if I get to look and find out something, I will post here.
Posted:
Fri Jul 30, 2004 1:37 pm
quote : #47
Blast, where does the Dreamcast game go on your grill/DC/AFO server hybrid?
Posted:
Fri Jul 30, 2004 1:46 pm
quote : #48
ok well you try emailing or something GohanBR

segadreamcaster
rank 37
Posted:
Fri Jul 30, 2004 5:20 pm
quote : #49
Type: NTSC-U/C
Ok well goodluck in finding information everyone.....be sure to report anything good or bad right here.....I have been looking for sign of this game save, but I have had no luck at all so far....but if we all keep looking we should at least be able to find information about it even if we cant get the file/code itself

Cheers, Craig

PSO = Ryo or SEGADCER
Q3A, Starlancer
Max Pool = Segadcer
4x4 Evo = Segadreamcaster

Visit the NEW Saturn netlink league www.saturnleague.com
limpbizkitfan943
rank 16
Posted:
Fri Jul 30, 2004 5:39 pm
quote : #50
if it's an unlockable, why doesn't somebody with the game play to unlock it and upload the save file? if you can't find an existing one, then make another!
Posted:
Fri Jul 30, 2004 5:41 pm
quote : #51
I know i said something about that but i'm not sure if its true sorrry if its not.

segadreamcaster
rank 37
Posted:
Fri Jul 30, 2004 5:44 pm
quote : #52
It could be useful if someone who has the game could tell us one way or another if the game can be played to unlock the servers somehow?...I should be getting the DC version shortly, but I don't know how much onfo it will give me on that...if any

Cheers, Craig

PSO = Ryo or SEGADCER
Q3A, Starlancer
Max Pool = Segadcer

SoldierBlade
rank 14
Posted:
Fri Jul 30, 2004 6:52 pm
quote : #53
http://bswirl.kitsunet.org/vmu/save/public/liste.php?mode=jeu&path=M%2Fmaximum%2520pool%2520online

As much as I hate posting a link to this bastard's site, here is a link to a working maximum pool save that has everything unlocked. Your best bet is to download it with a DP class DC browser like XDP.
Posted:
Fri Jul 30, 2004 6:53 pm
quote : #54
SoldierBlade wrote:
As much as I hate posting a link to this bastard's site

Strong words, what did he ever do to you?

SoldierBlade
rank 14
Posted:
Fri Jul 30, 2004 7:24 pm
quote : #55
Long story...but suffice it to say that "Spooge" is an arrogant know it all who questions everything someone says, and calls you an idiot if anything you state is contrary to his quote "knowledge". He makes me sick. Nikon knows how he is...
Posted:
Fri Jul 30, 2004 9:23 pm
quote : #56
not to butt in anyones business but i had the same problem with a neighbor of mine one time he was so annoying that i even made a nickname for him we started calling him "mr.kia" for short.now in case if any of you is wondering what the heck does "kia" mean pm me to find out Evil or Very Mad

segadreamcaster
rank 37
Posted:
Sat Jul 31, 2004 8:51 am
quote : #57
Thanks for the link soldierblade....anyone able to give it a try?....I would but I havent received my Dc copy of the game yet, so if anyone else could try it that would be great

PSO = Ryo or SEGADCER
Q3A, Starlancer
Max Pool = Segadcer

Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Wed Aug 04, 2004 3:18 pm
quote : #58
Type: Pal
Its now been verified by Segadreamcaster that connecting online with a DC copy of maximum pool and a full save makes no difference. Theres still no game or server lists etc. Seems we need to find that patch code and see what that did even if its no longer working. The PC servers are still up and point to the same address as the DC version. Due to this I think this makes Maximum pool by far the most likely DC game to return to online status. Ifanyone knew anyone with the Patch save or any other info please post it here.

Im not sure what direction this post will take next but Im sure there is ( Or im hoping there is ) still l lots to come.

Sgadreamcaster, any reply to your mail to Sierra?

Laters
Posted:
Wed Aug 04, 2004 3:36 pm
quote : #59
Hi mate,

Yup I have had a reply, here it is....not much help though im afraid:

Thank you for contacting VU Games. I am sorry to report that these titles are no longer supported directly.
To find support for these titles, check out our knowledge base. But to be totally honest, the best place to get
support on these older titles is http://vugames.com/forum.do lots of customers can help you get the oldest title
working on the newest machine, and you can count on the fact that if they say it can't be done, that is the truth.
Thank you for supporting all of VU Games titles and we hope that you continue to be a family member for years to come.

So its basically no help at all, and they seem to be talking about the PC version only, and I really don't think asking in one of their forums will help because I doubt they will have any idea about the DC version?....

I have been looking in the manual of the DC version and have noticed that there is a screenshot showing some of the game rooms the DC version of the game (presumably) used to use (Page 17)...only two of which still seem to exist, they are:

The Shark Den

Cases ladder games

So if nothing else the game should be connecting to these surely...as they are definatelly still online for the PC version?

As much input as possible please because like blast has already said, this is probably the most likely game for coming back online...and if we all put in the legwork now....it might just be worth it

Cheers, Craig

PSO = Ryo or SEGADCER
Q3A, Starlancer
Max Pool = Segadcer

Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Sat Sep 04, 2004 5:52 pm
quote : #60
Type: Pal
So come on what happened this thread just went brown bread, tits up.

DC maximum pool contacts the same server as the PC version and the PC version is still up. Why can we not play Max pool on our DC's then?. This game must have a far higher % than any other game of comming back online for DC so why isnt more being done?. To ask a question what more can be done and if nothing more can be done here who can do more than us?. Does anyone think it worth raising this question at DC-emulation?.

My point of view and reason for posting this. Im a DC online game player with no programing knowledge what so ever but I can understand that the server the dc points to is still up. I just want everything possible done I want to know what the nextstep is. Segadreamcaster spent his hard earned £ buying this game on PC to answer some simple quetions for us, I want to see him rewarded Smile

Ok what now?

Laters