Page Location: Home > Maximum Pool > Topic
Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Steven
rank 9
Posted:
Sun Sep 05, 2004 10:08 am
quote : #61
profile : pm
since the dc ver of the game aint working, maybe the servers are blocking the dc connections? Neutral Confused

cheerz,

Games online with : Phantasy Star Online Ver.2 (PAL), Star Lancer, F355 Challange

Currently playing : Phantasy Star Online Ver.2 (PAL)
Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Sun Sep 05, 2004 2:30 pm
quote : #62
Type: Pal
Blast wrote:
So come on what happened this thread just went brown bread, tits up.

DC maximum pool contacts the same server as the PC version and the PC version is still up. Why can we not play Max pool on our DC's then?. This game must have a far higher % than any other game of comming back online for DC so why isnt more being done?. To ask a question what more can be done and if nothing more can be done here who can do more than us?. Does anyone think it worth raising this question at DC-emulation?.

My point of view and reason for posting this. Im a DC online game player with no programing knowledge what so ever but I can understand that the server the dc points to is still up. I just want everything possible done I want to know what the nextstep is. Segadreamcaster spent his hard earned buying this game on PC to answer some simple quetions for us, I want to see him rewarded Smile

Ok what now?

Laters

Yeh perhaps the servers are blocking the DC version the question would be why?. That just seems abit mean to be honest. It wouldent be good publicity if we could prove the DC was deliberatly being blocked, people arnt amused by paying maybe 30 $20 for a game to have its online features removedbecause the host machine is " old ". The next question would be if it is being blocked how can we get around it if at all.

Why did I quote myself?, didnt want that getting lost on the last page.

Laters
Posted:
Mon Sep 06, 2004 2:54 am
quote : #63
the only way I could think of getting around a block is through emulating that it's the pc ver which I think is impossible >.< it would be interesting to see what this patch people speak off might do Mad oh btw does the dc connect on the same ports as the pc ver??? when I get back from school I'ma try and gt a hold of the pc ver and the dc ver

cheerz,

Games online with : Phantasy Star Online Ver.2 (PAL), Star Lancer, F355 Challange

Currently playing : Phantasy Star Online Ver.2 (PAL)
segadreamcaster
rank 37
Posted:
Mon Sep 06, 2004 2:22 pm
quote : #64
Type: NTSC-U/C
Good to see this topic with a bit of life again...well I have just finished downloading the DC version so that I could compare the two....Below I have give the line of data that gives the server address for both the DC and the PC version....I don't really know much of what I am looking at with it, but if anyone can shed any light with this info please do.....bare in mind though that many of the symbols or whatever they are (look like little square blocks in notepad) are represented as "_"

PC version:

___UDP:%s__UDP:coolpool.east.won.net:6003__UDP:coolpool.west.won.net:6003__E6666EA0-DBB2-11d2-A771-0 06097C3E986____InternetAutodial____wininet.dll_%s%c____(%d|%d)_www.sierra.com__IcmpSendEcho____IcmpC loseHandle_IcmpCreateFile__ICMP.dll______________________flame.cpa___coin_g.cpa__coin_o.cpa__c oin_y.cpa__coin_m.cpa__Fatal Error_Warning_

Dreamcast version:

___E6666EA0-DBB2-11d2-A771-006097C3E986____UDP:coolpool.west.won.net:6003__UDP:coolpool.east.won.net  :6003__UDP:%s__(%d|%d)_%s%c____I_S_P_0_____C_o_m_m_____N_e_t_w_o_r_k_I_n_f_o___ras.tbt_R_A_S___D_i_ a_l_e_r_____________________________________________I___x______________________<______________ ______________________flame.pvr___coinflip.mod____fuse.mod________

Like I say I dont know if this will help anyone but if anything starts a bell ringing for you when you look at the two together...please post with your ideas?

Cheers, Craig

PSO = Ryo or SEGADCER
Q3A, Starlancer
Max Pool = Segadcer
4x4 Evo = Segadreamcaster

Visit the NEW Saturn netlink league www.saturnleague.com
Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Wed Sep 08, 2004 2:08 pm
quote : #65
Jeez m8 that looks like some technical shite there. No idea what it means maybe someone else can help you?.

Laters
Posted:
Sat Sep 11, 2004 4:52 pm
quote : #66
Yeah, does look a little overly technical doesnt it?....lol.....I don't really know what any of it really means either...but I do wonder if the lines of code are saying anything different?

I am assuming that the two lines of code that are shown are for directing the game to the server somehow, but are there any differences in what inforormation is being provided by the game...between the two lines of code?....if so then perhaps it would be possible to somehow translate the PC's line of code so that the DC could use it? either that or use this info to create a codebreaker file of some kind...if anyone has the knowledge to do so that is?....to be honest I don't know, I am just trying to provide all the info I can in the hope that someone will be able to use it.

Anybody got anymore thought on the matter....come on.....its pretty clear that this game has a half decent chance of coming back online...or at least it has compared to the others, so don't you think its worth a bit of work?....you decide......

PSO = Ryo or SEGADCER
Q3A, Starlancer
Max Pool = Segadcer

Morph
unknown
Posted:
Sat Sep 11, 2004 6:18 pm
quote : #67
i noticed a couple of .mod files there. does that mean "modification"? In that case, the server might have to possess these "mod" files to connect to it. That is, of course, my theory.
RAM: 128MB PC66 EDO
Video: MGA MIL/2GN 4MB PCI
Hard Disks: dual 4.3GB W.D.
segadreamcaster
rank 37
Posted:
Sat Oct 30, 2004 9:02 am
quote : #68
OK, this thread has been far to silent for far too long...anyone got anymore ideas?

Cheers, Craig

PSO = Ryo or SEGADCER
Q3A, Starlancer
Max Pool = Segadcer

Chile
rank 30
Posted:
Sat Oct 30, 2004 9:16 am
quote : #69
has anyone done a server test lately?
rank 43
Posted:
Sat Oct 30, 2004 9:40 am
quote : #70
Chile wrote:
has anyone done a server test lately?

No m8 I dont think so. Id basicly give up on this Chile this site doesnt do " research " anymore so no matter how close this game is to still being online you wont get anywhere with it here. Your banging a dead drum Sad me and segadreamcaster tried hard to raise interest on getting this game back with very little succes. Unfortunatly we dont have the required skills to do anything for ourselves.

Laters
Posted:
Sat Oct 30, 2004 9:42 am
quote : #71
Hi m8,

well I just put a thread on DC emulation...probablt wont get us anywhere but I have tried...but yeah seems as though people either dont know enough on this site or are not interested...shame really

Cheers, Craig

PSO = Ryo or SEGADCER
Q3A, Starlancer
Max Pool = Segadcer

nevets933
rank 4
Posted:
Sat Oct 30, 2004 7:57 pm
quote : #72
this sucks... i finally find a place to download this and it dosent work online anymore

Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Sun Oct 31, 2004 1:49 pm
quote : #73
nevets933 wrote:
this sucks... i finally find a place to download this and it dosent work online anymore

It hasent been online for ages unless of course you have a PC that version is still online.

Laters
Posted:
Sat Nov 06, 2004 7:11 am
quote : #74
can someone verify that the pc is still online, and like i said earlier, do a server test? Sorry if im banging the drum here, but i don't have them yet, hopefully i will get them next weeek if i have enough time after halo 2
rank 37
Posted:
Sat Nov 06, 2004 3:31 pm
quote : #75
Hi Chile,

PC version is still online as I have it and its fine but the DC version is totally offline at present...not really much point in a server test on DC...because its been offline for ages...although I did give it a try a couple of months ago and it was still a no go...don't think its gonna change unless someone starts trying to help a little with this matter

Cheers, Craig

PSO = Ryo or SEGADCER
Q3A, Starlancer
Max Pool = Segadcer