Page Location: Home > Maximum Pool > Topic
Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Morph
unknown
Posted:
Sat Nov 06, 2004 7:31 pm
quote : #76
profile : pm
I would, but I dont own the game......and, I really wouldn't know where to start. You try talking to the company 'bout it?
RAM: 128MB PC66 EDO
Video: MGA MIL/2GN 4MB PCI
Hard Disks: dual 4.3GB W.D.
Chile
rank 30
Posted:
Sat Nov 06, 2004 9:40 pm
quote : #77
thanks segadreamcaster, i didn't know that it was pulled of by the company, not just a flaw in the server. does anyone play the pc version still?
banned!
Posted:
Sun Jan 30, 2005 5:55 pm
quote : #78
GohanBR wrote:
Yes Burt, you are correct. Bosshogg's site was something about backing up GameFaqs's threads (even the layout was the same). Next I am able, I will ask for his site at GF's BMO board, I believe someone will have the URL.
A friend of mine downloaded Maximum Pool's GameSaves.de save and uploaded it to PW's site ( www.planetweb.com ). His alias will be Corvo, most likely.
I used to play Maximum Pool on-line for a short while. Most of players were PC users and I've only met one person there with Dreamcast. I never had any lag problems, actually everything used to happen pretty fast.
The only server problem I can remember right now is the on-screen "keyboard". Luckly I never hadt use it, but it was not a virtual keyboard as most of Dreamcast games have, it was like an old days scrolling keyboard (those for passwords).

Posted Fri Jul 23, 2004 4:05 am:

Here is the link for the save:

http://dreamcast.planetweb.com/gamers/savedgames.html?game=maxpool

It takes 9 blocks of the VMU and I do not know if it can be downloaded with other PW's browsers. It is the first save on the list.

I was wondering the planetweb site since it has been back up and saw this save a gain just for laughs i thought i would c;ick the link to the save being talked about in the post. Well to my suprise it WORKED it gave me a download box!!! THis may not mean anything hell probally doesn't but someone should check it out.

Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Sun Jan 30, 2005 7:35 pm
quote : #79
Type: Pal
Just clicked that link and as I dont read whatever language that is I cant say what that save is for. We were originaly looking for the save that allowed DC users on the PC server after dc version went down.

I cant test anything I dont have the game.

This maybe in theory the easiest of all games for DC to get back online but this post has found little interest in the past and I doubt it will again.

Laters
Posted:
Sun Jan 30, 2005 11:41 pm
quote : #80
Type: NTSC-U/C
I downloaded whatever saves were at planetweb for maximum pool way back when. None of them did anything to fix the problems with the online.
Posted:
Sun Jan 30, 2005 11:45 pm
quote : #81
way back when this save did not work but since the reset it has worked.

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Sun Jan 30, 2005 11:54 pm
quote : #82
Doomkiller wrote:
way back when this save did not work but since the reset it has worked.

So you downloaded the save, put it in your dreamcast, put maximum pool in your dreamcast, and it fixed the online? ...
Posted:
Mon Jan 31, 2005 12:00 am
quote : #83
No nikon your twisting my words i meant that as a reply to all those saves you got off the site and tried way back when. The save that has been talked about was NOT working as in it was not downloading like i've stated a few times in this thread. After the planteweb site was put back up it seems that the save is now able to be downloaded again. So now the save that was said to give your maxium pool working online can be tried. There is no way you could have this save becuase it was not working for anyone back when this thread was being talked about.

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Mon Jan 31, 2005 12:36 am
quote : #84
Doomkiller wrote:
No nikon your twisting my words i meant that as a reply to all those saves you got off the site and tried way back when. The save that has been talked about was NOT working as in it was not downloading like i've stated a few times in this thread. After the planteweb site was put back up it seems that the save is now able to be downloaded again. So now the save that was said to give your maxium pool working online can be tried. There is no way you could have this save becuase it was not working for anyone back when this thread was being talked about.

Hehe, HOW can i twist your words...? You didn't specificy what "IT" was. There's nothing to twist. Which is why I asked my question.

I tested that save, along with all the others. It does nothing. Its just like the rest of the saves. You can get to the master list menu, but nothing is in it. No games. You can't press anything either...its just like a big ass blank interface. I pressed all the buttons on the controller. Nothing happens.
Posted:
Mon Jan 31, 2005 12:50 am
quote : #85
just do me a favor to put my mind at ease and try that first save on that site again

segadreamcaster
rank 37
Posted:
Mon Jan 31, 2005 2:10 am
quote : #86
Hi Doomkiller,

Ok, I gave the save a try and unfortunatelly its just like any other normal save, just preferences and unlocked games, tried goin online but just reached the empty server list like you normally would.

I suppose it was worth a look but sadly its not what we are looking for

Cheers, Craig

PSO = Ryo or SEGADCER
Q3A, Starlancer
Max Pool = Segadcer
4x4 Evo = Segadreamcaster

Visit the NEW Saturn netlink league www.saturnleague.com
Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Mon Jan 31, 2005 4:42 pm
quote : #87
Seems that old save is still well hidden. Just to go back a few pages on this post I must remind everyone this isnt a save that makes Maximum pool go online its a save that used to make it go online. Dunno why it stopped working but all we wanted to know was what it did in case it gave DC maximum pool another shot at going back online. The PC version of this game is still up and running and its a mystery as to why the DC wont go online cus both PC and DC were on the same server, like 4x4.

Laters
Posted:
Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:04 am
quote : #88
Blast wrote:
Seems that old save is still well hidden. Just to go back a few pages on this post I must remind everyone this isnt a save that makes Maximum pool go online its a save that used to make it go online. Dunno why it stopped working but all we wanted to know was what it did in case it gave DC maximum pool another shot at going back online. The PC version of this game is still up and running and its a mystery as to why the DC wont go online cus both PC and DC were on the same server, like 4x4.

Laters

Maximum Pool was hosted on the wan servers or whatever. The ones that half-life used to run on. (not sure, but anyone know if PC version still hits a master list with hosting options?) The fact that it actually "reaches a list screen" is something atleast. Not much, but something. Whether or not it's actually reaching a master list URL is another story alltogether. Hmmm, this all gives me an idea for a new editorial news article. /me gets crackin
Posted:
Thu Feb 03, 2005 1:24 pm
quote : #89
lordnikon wrote:
Blast wrote:

Laters

Maximum Pool was hosted on the wan servers or whatever. The ones that half-life used to run on. (not sure, but anyone know if PC version still hits a master list with hosting options?) The fact that it actually "reaches a list screen" is something atleast. Not much, but something. Whether or not it's actually reaching a master list URL is another story alltogether. Hmmm, this all gives me an idea for a new editorial news article. /me gets crackin

Havent noticed a new news story yet, hope its good stuff Smile .

Laters
Posted:
Fri May 27, 2005 2:33 pm
quote : #90
Hi,

Sorry to bump this thread but I just noticed something interesting which seems to prove that there was indeed a game save that allowed this game to work online...I noticed it on the link that WWJD posted on the "Dreamcast online gaming as it is today" thread:

http://web.archive.org/web/20021229085531/http://dcog.netfirms.com/

Now that page suggests that there was a file that could be downloaded...just thought this was worth a mention...does this jog anyones memory?

Cheers, Craig

PSO = Ryo or SEGADCER
Q3A, Starlancer
Max Pool = Segadcer
4x4 Evo = Segadreamcaster

Visit the NEW Saturn netlink league www.saturnleague.com