Topic: q3 pal

Page 1 of 2
goodman
rank 1
Posted:
Fri Jul 23, 2004 8:01 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
why cant i play q3 dc pal online ? what i have to do for playing online ?
just ntsc ver is online ? whats the reason ?

thank you
Crying or Very sad

[UKR]Adam1902
rank 17
Posted:
Fri Jul 23, 2004 8:08 am
quote : #2
yes,

the PAL Q3A went offline about 9 months ago m8.
u will need the NTSC Q3A and if u r on a PAL DC then u will also need a boot disc that boots inports!

Adam.

ultrapro
unknown
Posted:
Fri Jul 23, 2004 8:43 am
quote : #3
it wasnt quite that bad mate, it went offline in march, now we have to get the ntsc version
Posted:
Fri Jul 23, 2004 9:05 am
quote : #4
Type: NTSC-U/C
Yea unfortunatly the PAL version was tied into the EUR network, dreamarena I believe. So it required access to some authentication server to get online with the game. We didn't figure this out until it actually went offline and PAL users said they couldn't connect.

So you need to aquire a US/NTSC version of the game. It will be online forever. Nothing can take it offline. At the moment it is running entirely seperate from sega. The secondary master list in the game is set to id games' master list. The game will work in a LAN environment if you have a BBA and a server locally hosted. So all in all we have guaranteed proof the US version is definatly online perminantly.
Posted:
Fri Jul 23, 2004 9:48 am
quote : #5
I got Quake 3 today but it's a copy. Darn that seller. Anyway, I don't know if it's PAL or NTSC but at the network part all I can see is dial up. I can choose for Dial-Up settings 1 and 2 (and edit them). So I guess I've got the PAL version then?

http://www.pcc-online.net
[UKR]Adam1902
rank 17
Posted:
Fri Jul 23, 2004 11:54 am
quote : #6
i aint sure about ur question htbaa,
but i just wanted to tell u all, i have PAL and NTSC Q3A with no damn boot disk!
i gonna look 4 some boot disks now

Adam.

Htbaa
rank 6
Posted:
Fri Jul 23, 2004 12:06 pm
quote : #7
Get the Utopia Bootdisc 1.2. It's great.

I'm not sure if my Quake 3 is PAL or NTSC. When I choose Internet Gameplay or something like that I get to choose a connection. I can select 2 ISP settings and am able to change them at that screen. I've read that the NTSC version allows you to edit it and the PAL not, is that correct?

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Fri Jul 23, 2004 12:13 pm
quote : #8
Htbaa wrote:
Get the Utopia Bootdisc 1.2. It's great.

I'm not sure if my Quake 3 is PAL or NTSC. When I choose Internet Gameplay or something like that I get to choose a connection. I can select 2 ISP settings and am able to change them at that screen. I've read that the NTSC version allows you to edit it and the PAL not, is that correct?

Well the connection configuration screen defualts to whatever device you have in your dreamcast. So if it has a modem in it, it will show dialup configurations, if you have a BBA it will show 'LAN Account'. I believe only the NTSC version was ripped so ... you SHOULD have the US version.
Posted:
Fri Jul 23, 2004 12:16 pm
quote : #9
Thanks for the info. I hope I do have the NTSC version Smile. I'll try it this night for like 1 hour or something. Can't get used to the controls. The game is as fast as the PC game. If the Dreamcast only would have had 2 analog sticks instead of 1 Smile.

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Fri Jul 23, 2004 12:20 pm
quote : #10
Htbaa wrote:
If the Dreamcast only would have had 2 analog sticks instead of 1 Smile.

Don't worry, I have a solution for this soon. :] A solution that will send shockwaves through the dc fps community. As soon as I have verified the product works it will be front page news. I am just waiting for it to get here in the mail. Basically it is a controller that would allow us to use a LEFT side directional pad, and a RIGHT side analog. Basically making FPS gameplay on the dc a dream to play. Hopefully what i am testing is compatible. I'll be playing OT, Q3, and UT 24/7 if it works.

The controller is out of print and the company is out of business. So not only do I have to make sure it works but I also have to find enough purchasing sources to allow ALL of us to buy them, as well as all the new future gamers down the road.
Posted:
Fri Jul 23, 2004 12:25 pm
quote : #11
I'd suggest you get a sponsor for that Very Happy. But that would be cool. And the weirdest thing is, I'm used to the next setting: Shoulder button to fire (like in Q3), left analog to move and right analog to aim. And now I've got to move with the 4 buttons (A,B,X,Y) which is confusing because I keep on pressing Y Razz.

But a controller like that would be really cool.

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Fri Jul 23, 2004 12:32 pm
quote : #12
Yea with the controller you will be able to move with the left side dpad and aim with the rightside analog. Also whats even better the controller is supposed to be completly re-programmable. So for UT and OT....games that have preset controller configurations, this is going to be a dream come true.

As far as playing with the Dreamcast controller here is what I recommend, move with the analog or the dpad....and then aim with A, X, Y, B. Yea it's a little more 'disjointed' but if you set your sensitivity right and set all your buttons right it feels a bit more natural. There is just NO WAY for me to play with aiming with a left side analog. It throws me off in all my PS2 FPS's.
Posted:
Fri Jul 23, 2004 12:36 pm
quote : #13
Ok I'll keep that in mind. I shall try it. I too am a PS2 gamer and the DC controls for FPS games are so weird. I got 1 Soldier of Fortune disc with my Dreamcast (the other one is missing or something :S) and I tried that game, but didn't got far because of the weird controls.

TheMytho
rank 28
Posted:
Fri Jul 23, 2004 1:21 pm
quote : #14
There is no PS Dual Shock converter for the DC? Sad

-Mytho

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Fri Jul 23, 2004 2:07 pm
quote : #15
Yes there is however it maps the dc's analog to the LEFT analog stick. Leaving the rightside analog stick inoperable. :[ DC was only programed to use 1 analog.