i downloaded 1.3

Adam.

Htbaa
rank 6
Posted:
Sat Jul 24, 2004 7:25 am
quote : #18
profile : pm
Wait till you boot it. It'll say 1.2, I'm sure about that. Anyway, it doesn't really matter.

Oh yeah, I have the NTSC version of Quake 3 and played for 25 minutes this night. First time I couldn't do anythin after 7 minutes, all I could see was my character and the camera rotating at it. So I had to reboot since none of the buttons responded. The second time I played longer on different servers but there weren't too many good ones Sad. I got disconnected and couldn't be bothered to get online again. Startcosts for dial-up here are quite expensive if I may say so. I should get the PC-DC server working because Q3 on the Dreamcast is a hell lot more fun than on the PC.

http://www.pcc-online.net
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Sat Jul 24, 2004 9:46 am
quote : #19
Type: NTSC-U/C
Ok first of all you emailed Sega of America technical support. Usually they just send what is polically correct to send back to the consumer. But also these people probobly don't even play video games.

They could care less you guys. They work the 9-5 answering customer support, and go out shopping after work, they do NOT play video games. The questions you are asking are not a priority in their lives at all. They will just keep sending you the same pre-formatted replies. Over and over and over and over again.

Also you emailed them about PAL Quake 3. Sega of America has no clue about pal Q3. Why would you email sega of america about a european released game?

Finally do NOT email companies about games that are still online. Please this will only get them taken offline. yes it si true that sega can do nothing to harm Quake 3 Arena and that it is online forever. But what if you start sending emails about other games? Just don't do it. There is no point if the game is still online. Let the game be. Last thing we need it to start directing corporate attention towards games that are still online. Thus getting them pulled offline.

Also I thought we already wrote like 15 times why PAL Quake 3 was offline. Well if you need to know again use the search button. There are multiple threads and actual emails back from Sega of Europe on this matter. Search the forums.
Posted:
Sat Jul 24, 2004 10:54 am
quote : #20
I wonder if Sandi is hot. As hot as automatic reply bots can be , I suppose.

But anyway, yes, Q3 is beatiful in the fact that if a nuclear war occurs, and the resulting humans are nothing more than three-armed freaks with one leg and twelve eyes, and Sega is nothing more than a group of craters, we can still play Quake III online.

Morph
unknown
Posted:
Sat Jul 24, 2004 1:36 pm
quote : #21
I meant it would be REALLY inconvenient if the master server went down, i know it can manually connect to an IP, but its tedious.

[UKR]Adam1902
rank 17
Posted:
Sun Jul 25, 2004 3:31 am
quote : #22
its all downloaded !
i dont no how to use it!
i just burned it to disk and it sez "plz insert disk" on the skreen wen i clik play!
i gonna make a post about this.

Adam.

Tao
rank 15
Posted:
Mon Jul 26, 2004 9:56 am
quote : #23
Morph wrote:
Great. Now Sega is gonna get suspicious and check their stuff, find the functioning master server, and kill it. Just great, nice one htbaa.

Rule 1: NEVER Email a company about a game that is still online.

And you did, by specifically singleing out the NTSC system.

Like nikon and others said, the Sega-run QIII master server has already gone down. Luckily, ID had an alternate master server to connect to...and even if THAT were to go offline, the US NTSC version would still be able to connect manually to every server out there, which might be tedious, but, well, it's still online.
Posted:
Thu Aug 26, 2004 3:51 pm
quote : #24
Einhander wrote:
I wonder if Sandi is hot. As hot as automatic reply bots can be , I suppose.

But anyway, yes, Q3 is beatiful in the fact that if a nuclear war occurs, and the resulting humans are nothing more than three-armed freaks with one leg and twelve eyes, and Sega is nothing more than a group of craters, we can still play Quake III online.

which is why xbox is messed up....when microsoft shuts it down thats it..no more online
Posted:
Thu Aug 26, 2004 9:56 pm
quote : #25
Dannycas wrote:
which is why xbox is messed up....when microsoft shuts it down thats it..no more online

Actually this is not true. The bulk of games released for xbox are system-link / LAN compatible. There are a variety of networks currently setup where gamers play xbox online completly autonomous from xbox-live. There are a lot of PS2 online games that have LAN as well. However many of those networks are home to software pirates. Many people playing PS2 online on unnofficial means...are doing so simply because they own modded PS2's and their systems got blocked off by sony's DNAS authentication system. So they tunnel socom 2 over the net via the LAN function.

If it has LAN play...it's online forever.

As far as Dreamcast is concerned it is awsome that we have Quake 3 Arena online forever, and we have complete control over the game. As far as fragging via consoles. DC Quake 3 reigns supreme!
Posted:
Fri Aug 27, 2004 2:50 am
quote : #26
[UKR]Adam1902 wrote:

for game disigners, they r kinda dumn Laughing .

Really. 'Dumn' game 'disigners', are they?

[UKR]Adam1902 wrote:
i am downloading "dreamcast UTOPIA 1.3 bootdick%

Do tell. Others would use Viagara to boot that kind of thing. But to each his own.

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Fri Aug 27, 2004 3:21 am
quote : #27
meseta wrote:
[UKR]Adam1902 wrote:

for game disigners, they r kinda dumn Laughing .

Really. 'Dumn' game 'disigners', are they?

HAHAHAH (damn that was funny)

On a serious note. Sega is telling people Quake 3 is no longer online...because they don't want to have to continue giving support for the game's online functions. They are moving on and have other things to do. I would play stupid as well if I was in there situation. They are no longer supporting the game. So they will continue to give back vague and or inaccurate information to fend off support questions for products no longer being manufactured.