Page Location: Home > Dreamcast Lounge > Topic
MK
rank 16
Posted:
Sun Jul 25, 2004 11:43 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
...I think my Dreamcast died. I was playing Project Justice with my brand new Agetek Arcade stick... and then the CD spinner thing sounded like it was wheezing. The BGM disappeared, but I could still fight. After I finished the fight, the game just... froze.

I opened up the disk cover, and the disk was no longer spinning.

Has my GD-spinner seen the last of its day? Is there a way I can fix this? Or am I going to have to go Dreamcast shopping?

I've had this thing since 9/9/99... god damn... it feels terrible.
Posted:
Mon Jul 26, 2004 10:20 am
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
Damn, thats insane. Did you turn it back on? lol like test it again after you opened the lid and took out project justice? Maybe it was just a freak occurance. For sometime one of my dreamcasts was making a wierd whistling noise. Now its not doing it anymore. yes your dreamcast could be breaking down. DC's seem to have a limited lifespan. Like 5-6 years if you take care of it correctly. Which is why I keep buying up more and more dreamcast's cause I don't ever wanna not have a working one.

I hope your dc starts spinning again Crying or Very sad
Posted:
Mon Jul 26, 2004 10:42 am
quote : #3
Yes, I have about five of them right now. I'm going to buy them up as backups while they're still dirt cheap.
rank 87
Posted:
Mon Jul 26, 2004 11:43 am
quote : #4
Type: NTSC-U/C
jhorto1 wrote:
Yes, I have about five of them right now. I'm going to buy them up as backups while they're still dirt cheap.

Yea plus they make for great setups for system link games. PLUS if you have a BBA then having one for BBA gaming and one for dialup gaming is also great. So much you can do with multiple dreamcasts. You can never own too many Very Happy
Posted:
Mon Jul 26, 2004 10:12 pm
quote : #5
Fucking spindle is busted. It's gone. Kaput.

I bought a used one today. Felt good. More Project Justice. Yummy.

But now I'm even more pissed off than before. For some reason, my PSO characters won't boot. I'm using the same memory card for the same game disk, just different Dreamcast. I want to play with my god-damn characters. Over 200 hours have been put into my level 99... I don't want to go through those again. Keep in mind, I have the NTSC-U version of PSO v2. How do I get my characters to work?
Posted:
Mon Jul 26, 2004 11:38 pm
quote : #6
PSO chars are bound to the machines they where created on, same with the serial you use when you connect to the PSO servers. So either you need to make new charachters or you need to open up the dreamcasts and swap the GD-roms. It is really easy to do so I would recomend doing that.
Posted:
Tue Jul 27, 2004 12:23 am
quote : #7
im not so sure about that last comment cause my dc got whack also not long ago while i was playing pso ver.2 (us version) i may add and after i got another dc from my local eb, i said to my self dont tell me i have to start from scracth if i wanted to play pso v2 so i tried it and put the serial numbers and access key on it plus the save game i got on my vmu and there it was my level 37 character was still there alive and kicking on another dc Evil or Very Mad