Topic: Skies of arcadia

Page 1 of 2
Doomkiller
banned!
Posted:
Tue Jul 27, 2004 11:40 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
I hear people talk about this game alot and i no next to nothing about it can somone fill me in on like were it has been released and what it is like to play?

Chile
rank 30
Posted:
Tue Jul 27, 2004 11:51 am
quote : #2
turn-based gameplay

Steven
rank 9
Posted:
Tue Jul 27, 2004 11:52 am
quote : #3
you fill the role a vyse a young and talented air pirate, you find a mysterious girl on board a ship your raid, you rescue her and embark on an adventure too find all the moon crystals (crystals with special powers)...you encounter alot of enemys but the main 3 "big bad" enemies are Valua Empire and Rameraz and Galcian (can't spell them off the top of my head Laughing ) you fight your way to some of the moon crystals to find out someone has summoned the Gigas (each moon crystal has a gigas there big giant monsters that use brute force most of the time instead of strategy) so you fight them and retreive the crsytals..I'll stop writing there as I've probably made you all fall alseep by now Mad (no good at explaining stuff Mad )

this game along with Shenmue I & II are the greatest RPG's the dreamcast has (I got all 3 of the, Cool Mr. Green Very Happy )

Games online with : Phantasy Star Online Ver.2 (PAL), Star Lancer, F355 Challange

Currently playing : Phantasy Star Online Ver.2 (PAL)
Doomkiller
banned!
Posted:
Tue Jul 27, 2004 12:02 pm
quote : #4
wow sounds great you didn't bore me at all you made me really want to play it now!

Steven
rank 9
Posted:
Tue Jul 27, 2004 12:10 pm
quote : #5
I've been playing it for like 58hours and I got like 40 more discoveries to find and like 40% of the second disc to go Mr. Green so I'd say another 10 - 15hours and I've completed the game Very Happy Laughing so it provides you like maybe 60 - 80hours depend how fast you go through the games and find the discoveries etc. etc. my fav. part of the game is the ship battles Smile

Games online with : Phantasy Star Online Ver.2 (PAL), Star Lancer, F355 Challange

Silent Marauder
rank 6
Posted:
Tue Jul 27, 2004 12:59 pm
quote : #6
Skies of Arcadia is the reason I bought a Dreamcast. Sure, I've since discovered that there are a *lot* of good games for it, but Skies of Arcadia was what originally had me interested.

It's a truly amazing game. I can say, without hyperbole, that Skies of Arcadia rivals any one of the Final Fantasy series in terms of sheer fun. Overworks managed to take the idea of an age of exploration, and then expand on it to the point where the world is actually worth exploring. The atmosphere of the game also embodies this idea, and really gives you the sense of actually adventuring in a vast world. The ship combat is really cool, too, and there's really nothing quite like watching two airships fight it out above a floating island.
Number of DC games owned: 43 and counting

Currently obsessed with: Mr. Driller
Doomkiller
banned!
Posted:
Tue Jul 27, 2004 1:11 pm
quote : #7
Is this game hard to find or eazy to find

darkooga
rank 19
Posted:
Tue Jul 27, 2004 1:57 pm
quote : #8
is it a 2 disc game.
Posted:
Tue Jul 27, 2004 2:40 pm
quote : #9
it aint really hard to find check out www.ebay.co.uk ot if you live in america try www.ebay.com

I've noticed it's one of those more expensive games goes for like £10 - £15 on ebay

limpbizkitfan943
rank 16
Posted:
Tue Jul 27, 2004 2:41 pm
quote : #10
I have it, but I haven't started it yet. I'm playing Final Fantasy 8 at the moment. well, not at this very moment. this very moment, I'm typing this post. but as far as RPG's go, I'm just getting started with Final Fantasy 8. I mean I'm really just getting started. I just finished the Garden exam on the Island yesterday when I had to leave, so I had to quit playing. either way, I'm going to start Skies of Arcadia soon, and I'm hoping it will be every bit as good as and better than people say it is.

btw has anybody played Legend of Dragoon? I don't have it yet, but I'm thinking about getting it once I get the money. it's only like $9.99 at my EB last time I went, I don't know if they still have it or not though
Posted:
Tue Jul 27, 2004 2:46 pm
quote : #11
I loved Skies of Arcadia. Played it almost non-stop until I finished it. The biggest problem I had with it was that there were way too many random battles. If you had to go across the map, then you'd encounter like 20 random battles. It became really frustrating after a while, but the story and gameplay were so good that I let it slide. The visuals are mighty fine to look at, too.
rank 9
Posted:
Tue Jul 27, 2004 2:52 pm
quote : #12
lanzarlaluna wrote:
I loved Skies of Arcadia. Played it almost non-stop until I finished it. The biggest problem I had with it was that there were way too many random battles. If you had to go across the map, then you'd encounter like 20 random battles. It became really frustrating after a while, but the story and gameplay were so good that I let it slide. The visuals are mighty fine to look at, too.

you wouldn't encounter random battles if you went into deep sky or high sky well atleast I don't when I play anyway Confused Cool Laughing

Doomkiller
banned!
Posted:
Tue Jul 27, 2004 3:27 pm
quote : #13
I better get my ass on getting this game sounds so fun. Also i know its turned based like final fantasy but is there any rpgs besides silver that is real time?

limpbizkitfan943
rank 16
Posted:
Tue Jul 27, 2004 3:37 pm
quote : #14
lanzarlaluna wrote:

sounds like Final Fantasy 7. except for the graphics, but the story was so good I had to let it go because I just had to find out how the story would unravel

Posted Tue Jul 27, 2004 5:39 pm:

Doomkiller wrote:
I better get my ass on getting this game sounds so fun. Also i know its turned based like final fantasy but is there any rpgs besides silver that is real time?

Zelda, Record of Lodoss War, Diablo series, Phantasy Star Online, Ultima 9...
Posted:
Tue Jul 27, 2004 4:02 pm
quote : #15
I meant dreamcast rpgs besides silver and pso