Topic: A new concern

Page 1 of 4
eddie traverso
rank 6
Posted:
Thu Jul 29, 2004 7:48 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
To let you know PSO US players can now accesss PAL servers. This meens that there are now people (mainly hackers) using PAL servers vie CB! This meens we might have more hackers on the PAL servers! One reason is that is because I have always seen the PG clan members on unofficial servers only and many don't have PAL versions so they must be using CB. Just to let you know.
Posted:
Thu Jul 29, 2004 7:54 pm
quote : #2
Yeah i was curious about this so i poked around and i couldn't find anything so i'm not sure if this is correct. Another thing that makes me believe this is not correct is because it would still have to check serials and access keys wouldn't it ?

DreamcastMagic
banned!
Posted:
Thu Jul 29, 2004 7:58 pm
quote : #3
Well I knew this would happen, I was in contact a while back with a guy who made the code but after we talked said he wouldn't release. My guess is he released it or gave it to a friend and they spread it, I e-mailed him about it ... but from what he told me it was very easy making it connect to the official servers so its possible someone else could have made it. It doesn't matter really who released it but this is bad news for sure

aflyingcow
rank 15
Posted:
Thu Jul 29, 2004 8:55 pm
quote : #4
Hmm.. so you can connect via a NTSC copy of PSO to the PAL servers?

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Thu Jul 29, 2004 9:01 pm
quote : #5
Type: NTSC-U/C
Well if this is true the best thing I can recommend is playing in random lobbies and in passworded games. I lvled my US version 1 character from Jan 2003 to October 2003 on official US servers without 1 corruption. Simply because I found friends and played in random lobbies. Nobody ever even saw me unless they knew me. You'd be supprised at how well this works.

Play incognito style. Works wonders.

I still play like this on gamecube PSO too lol.
Posted:
Thu Jul 29, 2004 11:22 pm
quote : #6
ok so if i go down to gamecrazy and buy PSO ver 1 NTSC i can play on PAL servers.
Posted:
Thu Jul 29, 2004 11:48 pm
quote : #7
goldenshadow89 wrote:
ok so if i go down to gamecrazy and buy PSO ver 1 NTSC i can play on PAL servers.

Not legitley, no. Get a PAL version.
Posted:
Fri Jul 30, 2004 12:00 am
quote : #8
Ok heres my theory lord thought i was talking about something else so he deleted my last post. Ok even if they were able to get on they probally couldn't get in because of them not having a legit serial/acess key at least i hope that prevent them from comming in but its just a theory.

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Fri Jul 30, 2004 12:05 am
quote : #9
Doomkiller wrote:
Ok heres my theory lord thought i was talking about something else so he deleted my last post. Ok even if they were able to get on they probally couldn't get in because of them not having a legit serial/acess key at least i hope that prevent them from comming in but its just a theory.

Well as far as I know they have already figured it out atleast thats what DreamcastMagic is saying. If it is true then they have a way to bypass securities. I think we should shy away from 'how' they are doing this because it starts to dip into realms of info that can't be discussed here.

As far as if this becomes possible. I hope if they do find out they can come over to PAL that they see it's not that active and leave. Leaving our PSO haven alone.

If a flood of US gamers on US copies piles over it could cause sega of europe to just shut down the servers due to a lack of control.

Cheaters can go fuck themselves.
Posted:
Fri Jul 30, 2004 5:39 am
quote : #10
I think this is great news as the mejority of people I used to play PSO with were Americans (Mostly cause of my Vampire-like sleeping habits at the time) and they can't be arsed tracking down a PAL version of the game now, so if this code is true I could get em to play.

And keep in mind, with the bad comes the good. Just cause someone has an Xploder or CB doesn't mean they out to get you. I have one lying around somewhere Smile This can be as much a good hing if it means more people are playing DC PSO online.
Posted:
Fri Jul 30, 2004 7:26 am
quote : #11
Maddzy wrote:
I think this is great news as the mejority of people I used to play PSO with were Americans (Mostly cause of my Vampire-like sleeping habits at the time) and they can't be arsed tracking down a PAL version of the game now, so if this code is true I could get em to play.

And keep in mind, with the bad comes the good. Just cause someone has an Xploder or CB doesn't mean they out to get you. I have one lying around somewhere Smile This can be as much a good hing if it means more people are playing DC PSO online.

Much more bad then good here, the game will once again be flooded with hackers and the OFFICIAL SERVER HAVE NO CODE PROTECTION LIKE THE HOMEBREW DO!!!! It was best to let US players who are to cheap to import Pal play on the legit ship and let it be at that. Once again thanks to hacker/codes the legit PSO group gets fucked. Thanks Mad

The only good I can see, which is as small as this text is that more people will be on the ship but more hackers play on the homebrew servers then legit so once again bad wins out.

Steven
rank 9
Posted:
Fri Jul 30, 2004 8:09 am
quote : #12
SEGA DO have some code protection to my knowledge NOL has been patched...well it was 2years ago but..still people can bypass that Razz

Games online with : Phantasy Star Online Ver.2 (PAL), Star Lancer, F355 Challange

Currently playing : Phantasy Star Online Ver.2 (PAL)
TheMytho
rank 28
Posted:
Fri Jul 30, 2004 8:45 am
quote : #13
DreamcastMagic wrote:
Much more bad then good here, the game will once again be flooded with hackers and the OFFICIAL SERVER HAVE NO CODE PROTECTION LIKE THE HOMEBREW DO!!!! It was best to let US players who are to cheap to import Pal play on the legit ship and let it be at that. Once again thanks to hacker/codes the legit PSO group gets fucked. Thanks Mad

US PSO V1 And V2 déjà vu all over again. Seriously, you guys are going to be fine if you follow Nikon's steps. I did the same thing back in 2001 when the hacking became notorious.

And there are both good and bad things at stake here. That is all I will let on though. Wink

-Mytho

Silent Marauder
rank 6
Posted:
Fri Jul 30, 2004 9:36 am
quote : #14
You know, with more and more console games having online functionality, the console manufacturers ought to get an injunction against whatever company makes CodeBreaker. That thrice-damned piece of crap is responsible for all the hacking on PSO, as well as the cheating on online games for the newer consoles. Considering that online multiplay is a big feature of both the PS2 and Xbox, Sony and MS would both have a case to prove damages. I mean, Sega managed to squash Bleem in court (admittedly, through the expense of litigation), so I'm sure Sony and MS can do the same to the CB company.
Number of DC games owned: 43 and counting

Currently obsessed with: Mr. Driller
DreamcastMagic
banned!
Posted:
Fri Jul 30, 2004 10:10 am
quote : #15
Silent Marauder wrote:
You know, with more and more console games having online functionality, the console manufacturers ought to get an injunction against whatever company makes CodeBreaker. That thrice-damned piece of crap is responsible for all the hacking on PSO, as well as the cheating on online games for the newer consoles. Considering that online multiplay is a big feature of both the PS2 and Xbox, Sony and MS would both have a case to prove damages. I mean, Sega managed to squash Bleem in court (admittedly, through the expense of litigation), so I'm sure Sony and MS can do the same to the CB company.

In a perfect world man ... if only Sad