Topic: A new concern

Page 3 of 4
freshcut_t70
banned!
Posted:
Sun Aug 01, 2004 2:56 am
quote : #31
profile : pm
The whole issue of getting into the PAL servers using an NTSC copy of PSO seems to have a lot people against it. I don't like using EBAY or any other online store to get all this crap to play a game, so if you can just use a NTSC PSO in any way to log onto a server then all the better. This is much easier then getting an import and a boot disc. I think if you do this though you should log onto a homebrew server so these PAL players will quit sweating. As far as censorship with Maciver, i think the guy needs to get laid a lot more and not get so anal about what is said and not said.

Maddzy
rank 5
Posted:
Sun Aug 01, 2004 4:09 am
quote : #32
I think the attitude towards this new code has become to the point of idiocy and comments such as "We're safe for now" are just childish.
The people who are "scared" of hackers all play in passworded games with trusted friends ANYWAY! And they still will even if more gamers come along as a result of this code. They'll just be even MORE anti-social towards both hackers AND legit players who they decide to deem suspecious.

It's not just the hackers who ruined PSO, it's also the elitist snobery of the hardcore legit.

</rant>
Posted:
Sun Aug 01, 2004 4:51 am
quote : #33
Type: NTSC-U/C
Maddzy wrote:
I think the attitude towards this new code has become to the point of idiocy and comments such as "We're safe for now" are just childish.
The people who are "scared" of hackers all play in passworded games with trusted friends ANYWAY! And they still will even if more gamers come along as a result of this code. They'll just be even MORE anti-social towards both hackers AND legit players who they decide to deem suspecious.

It's not just the hackers who ruined PSO, it's also the elitist snobery of the hardcore legit.

</rant>

I find it funny that dupers/cheaters have such a serious problem with legit gamers wanting to just play on their own and not have their gameplay affected by cheating. This is all legit gamers want. It's not snobbery, we want to play PSO like it was meant to be played. There is nothing elitest or snobbish about that.
Posted:
Sun Aug 01, 2004 5:06 am
quote : #34
lordnikon wrote:

I find it funny that dupers/cheaters have such a serious problem with legit gamers wanting to just play on their own and not have their gameplay affected by cheating. This is all legit gamers want. It's not snobbery, we want to play PSO like it was meant to be played. There is nothing elitest or snobbish about that.

You're accusing me of being a cheater? Doesn't that prove my point? You've never played with me, you just asume I'm a cheat. Would you be unwilling to join a game with me based on this suspision?

For your information I'm nither a cheater nor a duper.
Posted:
Sun Aug 01, 2004 6:47 am
quote : #35
I'd play a game with you Maddzy, and just about anyone else from this board.

However, I am scared of hackers and play only with people I know. Actually I don't think "scared" is exactly the right word since losing a character wouldn't so much frighten me as infuriate me.

If I am suspicious, I ask new people that I meet if they play with duped or hacked items. I just don't want to take the chance that the game will freeze and I'll lose a character that I've spent a lot of time building.

Lucky for me, there are a lot of friendly people on this board and I never have problems finding trustworthy people to play online.

Hell, I'm convinced Thira Clone is online 24 hours a day!
rank 5
Posted:
Sun Aug 01, 2004 8:05 am
quote : #36
If you don't want to play a game with a hacker all you have to do is ask them politely without causing offence if they could join another game, as you don't wish to play a game with a player who is currently using codes. If you're polite and respectful towards people they will better understand your views.

Alot of people on this board seem to think the best way to get through to a coder is to insult, yell and be just plain rude towards them. This will not work. This is not how people should communicate.

If you ARE polite and respectful towards someone using codes and they ignore you or refuse to leave your game (That is if YOU or your friend CREATED the game team) then just leave and make a passworded game. If the guy is a member of a clan you could probably report him (If he was fukin' around with you). Most clans don't want a bad reputation like that.
Posted:
Sun Aug 01, 2004 8:11 am
quote : #37
Maddzy wrote:

hmm ...

Father Webster wrote:
Idiocy : something notably stupid or foolish

So its foolish to want to have to hundreds of hackers not flood the unprotected official servers (remember homebrew servers have anti-nol codes and such on the server) and ruin the little all safe haven that we had.

Maddzy wrote:
The people who are "scared" of hackers all play in passworded games with trusted friends ANYWAY!

Not true, I know the people who are anti-social to people they don't know unless they meet them with a friend.. im not going to name them but none have them have made a post about the code, I meet new people all the time and play in games with no passwords sometimes, usually I just meet new people in the lobby and chat a little before we play.

Maddzy wrote:
And they still will even if more gamers come along as a result of this code. They'll just be even MORE anti-social towards both hackers AND legit players who they decide to deem suspecious.

But the ratio of hackers to legit players from the homebrew servers is so far left its sick ... 70-80% hack. Don't pretend there is no reason for this type of thinking. But I think people should do what I do, after I meet someone before you make (or they do) the game ask if they are legit.

Steven
rank 9
Posted:
Sun Aug 01, 2004 8:17 am
quote : #38
if you all don't want nol'd why not just put the anti NOL cheat on that's the best way to stop it Mr. Green dunno if you can get online with it anymore though Confused

Games online with : Phantasy Star Online Ver.2 (PAL), Star Lancer, F355 Challange

Currently playing : Phantasy Star Online Ver.2 (PAL)
Maddzy
rank 5
Posted:
Sun Aug 01, 2004 8:18 am
quote : #39
It would be just like Sega to block the Anti-cheat code and not the cheat code itself Laughing

Posted Sun Aug 01, 2004 2:20 pm:

DreamcastMagic wrote:
But I think people should do what I do, after I meet someone before you make (or they do) the game ask if they are legit.

Exactly and you should keep doing that even if this code becomes in use as there will of course be more hackers as well as regular players.
Posted:
Sun Aug 01, 2004 8:27 am
quote : #40
lol SEGA do remind me of the type that would do that

SEGA tech : "o0o0o I wonder what code to block today"
SEGA tech 2 : "lets block anti-NOL!!"
SEGA tech : "we can watch all the legit players getting NOL'd while we eat biscuits and drink tea!!"

probably what they did anyhoo...lol.... Laughing

Games online with : Phantasy Star Online Ver.2 (PAL), Star Lancer, F355 Challange

Currently playing : Phantasy Star Online Ver.2 (PAL)
jhorto1
unknown
Posted:
Sun Aug 01, 2004 9:23 am
quote : #41
Steven wrote:
lol SEGA do remind me of the type that would do that

SEGA tech : "o0o0o I wonder what code to block today"
SEGA tech 2 : "lets block anti-NOL!!"
SEGA tech : "we can watch all the legit players getting NOL'd while we eat biscuits and drink tea!!"

probably what they did anyhoo...lol.... Laughing

lol ! ! !

That's funny, but Sega seem to be fairly professional from all of my dealings with them.
rank 6
Posted:
Sun Aug 01, 2004 2:35 pm
quote : #42
Quote:
The whole issue of getting into the PAL servers using an NTSC copy of PSO seems to have a lot people against it.

Well, duh. When one spends 100+ hours on a character only to have it NOL'd by some jackass using a CB, one tends to get just a little upset at said jackasses. Fortunately, I've never had to experience that yet. I would like to keep it that way.

Quote:

Oh, so now it's "childish" to want to keep my character from being corrupted? It's "childish" to want to make sure that Sega of Europe won't have to take down the PSO servers because they become flooded by hackers?

I don't have a BBA, therefore if OC ever has to set up their own legit-only ship, I will not be able to access it without a CB (which would get me promptly kicked from said ship). Many other people here are in the same situation - the official PAL servers are the only place we legits have left. The cheaters have the rest of the f***ing Internet.

Quote:
They'll just be even MORE anti-social towards both hackers AND legit players who they decide to deem suspecious.

If I have any doubts, I politely ask if someone is legit. Most of the guys on OC do the same. I don't know where you're getting your information from, but it certainly isn't accurate.

Quote:

Yep, you nailed it. We're such snobs that we point out exactly what people need to import PAL PSO, and where to find it, as well as helping them understand the game and level up. The OC legit community is so "elitist" that I, a person who has just started playing this April, have been met with nothing but friendly words and good games.

Try understanding what you're talking about before you decide to paint all of us with the same broad brush.
Number of DC games owned: 43 and counting

Currently obsessed with: Mr. Driller
Doomkiller
banned!
Posted:
Sun Aug 01, 2004 2:57 pm
quote : #43
WOW lot of serious disscosion here well i think i will say again that the code that was released DOESN'T work my friend actually found it tried and said no luck at all so unless there is another code out there (which there probally is just hasn't been released yet) there have been none released that work.

limpbizkitfan943
rank 16
Posted:
Sun Aug 01, 2004 3:03 pm
quote : #44
maybe they have to put in a special serial. maybe the person that tried the code used the wrong serial. does anybody here know what kind of serial they have to use, anyway?
Posted:
Sun Aug 01, 2004 3:44 pm
quote : #45
Silent Marauder wrote:

Oh, so now it's "childish" to want to keep my character from being corrupted? It's "childish" to want to make sure that Sega of Europe won't have to take down the PSO servers because they become flooded by hackers?

In all seriousness, when was the last time someone was NOL'd?

Silent Marauder wrote:

If I have any doubts, I politely ask if someone is legit. Most of the guys on OC do the same. I don't know where you're getting your information from, but it certainly isn't accurate.

I witnessed people from OC verbally attack another player who was using hacked weapons. I name no names.

Silent Marauder wrote:

Try understanding what you're talking about before you decide to paint all of us with the same broad brush.

I never accused anyone in OC of being elitist, I simply stated that elitism is something which can only worsen a community such as PSO as well as many other areas of the online world. I'm advising the members of this board not to go down that road.

I'm fully aware that the people here are polite, helpful and respectful when speaking on these forums. I got a lot of help here and I only joined this week. I apologise if I offended you.