Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
hrb2k3
rank 7
Posted:
Fri Aug 06, 2004 10:38 am
quote : #31
profile : pm
Syndalis wrote:
A disc I made. DCPlaya 2.0 beta, built using Selfboot Inducer.

yup, thats the only way to selfboot it. i couldnt get it to selfboot on its own. hey, what was the resolution of the movie you played??

i also tried my only VCD which was on a cd-r, but it didn't read it. i will try it again just to make sure.
Posted:
Fri Aug 06, 2004 10:47 am
quote : #32
hrb2k3 wrote:
yup, thats the only way to selfboot it. i couldnt get it to selfboot on its own. hey, what was the resolution of the movie you played??

320 x 240, widescreen (so there was a bit of wasted data on the black bars, that allows for my subs to run off of the film itself Smile )

SoldierBlade wrote:
Syndalis, do me a favor and please see if that thing can play vcd's or not. I'm surprised and disappointed nobody has tried it yet.

I tried Kill Bill VCD, and it failed. I tried an mpeg that was encoded in VCD resolution without being made a vcd, and it ran.... choppy.

VCD is a failed format, as far as I am concerned, when it comes to the dreamcast. DivX allows you to fit an entire film on one disc, with quality just as good as a 2 or 3 disc vcd.

ESPECIALLY when you encode the audio in mp3PRO. Hell, 64kbit audio in mp3PRO = 128kbit 44khz stereo in mp3. Can't beat the quality.
rank 4
Posted:
Fri Aug 06, 2004 11:16 am
quote : #33
Does someone know which Trackerfils are supported. Is it only MadTracker (.mod) or also Fasttracker (.xm) and ImpulseTracker (.it).
rank 14
Posted:
Fri Aug 06, 2004 11:41 am
quote : #34
Thanks for that information fellas. Once I get this thing, I'll have to see if I can get a friend of mine to encode some movies for me into divx. I'm going to try to get Excalibur to burn the player for me and if anyone can figure out how to make it selfboot, its prolly gonna be him. If not, then dchakker here I come! Razz One more thing... I take it that the only way to control playback of videos at this time is with the command line interface?
Posted:
Fri Aug 06, 2004 4:21 pm
quote : #35
ok so i downloaded this dcplaya thing a ma jig and i get to the main list which has

refresh
parent
dcplaya
readme.txt
release.txt

what the hell do i do after that to get a vcd to run?? i tried pressing x and a dialogue box comes up but nothing works. i inserted a disc and its a plain ol vcd nothin fancy, someone burned me it. how does dis ting work?
Posted:
Fri Aug 06, 2004 5:23 pm
quote : #36
Well, first of all it doesnt work with vcd's. Syndalis said that a few posts back. Secondly, I know the old dcplaya had cd and when you select that, you could browse the directory structure of the cd. Pop in a cd with some video files or mp3 files and if the choice for cd does not appear, try hitting refresh. Its all I can come up with until I get my hands on it myself.
Posted:
Fri Aug 06, 2004 5:26 pm
quote : #37
oh offcourse i remember, so solly! i remember it plays video clips not vcds, can it open images as well?

ok so i stuck in a disc with a few directories, a lot of mpgs and .movs but nothing comes up, when i click on cd it does feck all
Posted:
Fri Aug 06, 2004 5:31 pm
quote : #38
Yep. Jpegs for sure, but not sure about other image formats like png, bmp, gif etc... You can definitly have a jpeg as wallpaper while you listen to your mp3 files though. Very nice feature.
Posted:
Fri Aug 06, 2004 5:35 pm
quote : #39
still unclear on how all this works, i put in the disc and nothing happens, read my previous post again as i edited it. i put a burned cd in with directories that include mpgs .movs and jpgs in seperate directories but nothing is displayed and then my lens makes a very violent whirin sound when i try to load the cdrom again.
Posted:
Fri Aug 06, 2004 5:42 pm
quote : #40
Like I said. I cant comment any further on how to use it until I get a copy of it myself. I dont want to dip any further into the realm of speculation.
Posted:
Fri Aug 06, 2004 10:11 pm
quote : #41
ultrapro wrote:
still unclear on how all this works, i put in the disc and nothing happens, read my previous post again as i edited it. i put a burned cd in with directories that include mpgs .movs and jpgs in seperate directories but nothing is displayed and then my lens makes a very violent whirin sound when i try to load the cdrom again.

first off, what format is the cd you are trying to load.? to burn a cd that dcplaya will recognize, use the following settings in Nero,

ISO Level 2 - 31 Characters
Mode 1
iso9660
joliet
everything else unchecked.

these settings are for nero 5.5.10.56. i dont know how nero 6 is.

and for the poster who asked about the tracker, i played a mod file, (or was it an .ogg file..) and the info window mentions FastTracker.
Posted:
Sat Aug 07, 2004 6:32 am
quote : #42
Well, i also asked in the DCEmulation forums and zigziggy told me that the Tracker is based on Mikmod and this suppoetrs these formats so DCPlayer should support them aswell.
rank 21
Posted:
Fri Jun 03, 2005 6:43 pm
quote : #43
i got reminded of dcplaya today, so i went ahead and set my network up for no dhcp, trying to use my bba for streamcast capabilities. it tested successful w/ q3, so i know i had my configs right, but when i booted up dcplaya v2, the menu would just flash when i selected a stream, and the led that indicates if my bba is hooked up was not showing. is there a way to trigger the bba option (or something)? cuase if i could stream streamcast, then i could use my dc to play the music off my comp onto speakers Cool btw, the avi/mpeg works perfecto Very Happy

Nico0020
rank 11
Posted:
Sat Jun 04, 2005 12:59 pm
quote : #44
Type: NTSC-U
ive got a BBA on teh way. I love dcplaya though. But I suggest playing divx files rather than VCD/MPEG, it plays them much better. Even up to 1,000 KB/S. If you need help encoding ur files to the correct divx format let me know and i can help you out..

undergr3nades
rank 7
Posted:
Sat Jun 04, 2005 10:25 pm
quote : #45
hey, i've tried to compile a divx video to play, but i cant find software to turn all my movie files into .divx so... if someone knows about that kind of software.. share the wealth. Smile and possibly a program to play the movies with
Smile