Topic: Puyo Puyo 4 for DC ($27)

Page 1 of 1
martianviking
rank 23
Posted:
Mon Aug 02, 2004 1:24 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Just thought I'd pass this auction along, given that a few people here might be interested. It's Puyo Puyo 4 for Dreamcast (I'm pretty sure it's the only home console version with 4-player simultaneous versus mode).

It's in Taiwan, but the seller looks rather legit and it's pretty cheap (buy-it-now is 15 UK pounds, about 27 US dollars).

Anyway:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=38614&item=8121783626
BrockStrongo
rank 11
Posted:
Mon Aug 02, 2004 2:51 pm
quote : #2
Aye, that seller is really friendly and definately legit,

i bought my Puyo Puyo 4 from him Smile

F355 and Starlancer reports Smile
braze2032
rank 4
Posted:
Mon Aug 02, 2004 6:00 pm
quote : #3
This guy is super friendly and really fast at shipping. If you ask him nicely he may send you a few re-sealable covers for your games (which is a protective plastic case for your games, it has a flap which re-seals Wink)... I asked him where he got them from and he ended up sending me a whole load with my item. Really nice guy!!

Last edited by braze2032 on Mon Aug 02, 2004 6:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

aflyingcow
rank 15
Posted:
Mon Aug 02, 2004 6:10 pm
quote : #4
What's a re-sealable cover?

You mean sealing an old game, masking it as new?

SoldierBlade
rank 14
Posted:
Mon Aug 02, 2004 6:57 pm
quote : #5
Man...if I wasnt buying PAL PSO this week, I'd jump on that like it were smokes in prison! Its a great game, even better than Fever in many regards. It really is the last true puyo puyo game with Arle and the gang. I mean, Arle is in Fever, but not as a full time playable character in story mode. Plus, this one has a magic system where your character can perform a specific special move. Really great stuff. The anime intro is a bit fruity though! LOL Oh well, its puyo puyo, so thats forgivable. hehe At least it isnt like fever in its mentality... Fever has characters that look like they belong on a PBS kids show...
Posted:
Mon Aug 02, 2004 11:05 pm
quote : #6
Don't really like the style of it, I want pastel colours damnit. ^^;;

Seriously, it's kinda ok if you fiddle with the options but puyo puyo tsu and puyo puyo sun are the best games in the series. Don't get me started on fever, only thing playable in that one is classic mode.
Posted:
Tue Aug 03, 2004 5:07 am
quote : #7
Pingu wrote:
Don't get me started on fever, only thing playable in that one is classic mode.

I'll have to somewhat disagree with you on that. IMO, while the characters, dialog, and color scheme of fever is enough to give you a tooth ache, I find the gameplay to be very enjoyable. Its one of those games that throws a curve ball at you, and beans you on the head if you refuse to evolve with it. Unlike classic mode, that 3 chain combo could be detrimental if your oponent has something set up to counter it and if they get powered up to fever before you and hit it right, your a dead man. But yo can do the same to them. It adds a certain thrill to the game that I find refreshing. 2 player fever is a blast.