Topic: Rez

Page 2 of 2
martianviking
rank 23
Posted:
Mon Apr 05, 2004 10:42 am
quote : #16
profile : pm
Area 5 is very, very cool. Definitely. It's a little different; it's kind of slower and it gets a bit philosophical on you. All very cool.

After that, you can unlock the "direct assault" modes. Check the "beyond" menu after you've played through all the levels. With direct assault, you play through all five areas in a row, without coming out for a breath in between. It will also allow you to unlock new color schemes to re-play the whole direct assault mode with a new palette. It definitely keeps it interesting.

I also just found a very odd little thing in the "form" options (under "beyond"). After you play for a while, you'll notice that you can choose to start out as one of the higher forms in direct assault mode so that you don't have to always start out at form 1. But the other day I checked back in there and somehow I had unlocked the "morolian" form!

Yes, that's right, you can be one of the little dancing aliens from "Space Channel 5." It looks just like a purple Morolian, and instead of the normal chimes and explosion sounds when you target and launch missiles, it does the "right, left, right, chu!" lines from Space Channel 5. Pretty odd. Oh, and if you play as the Morolian, you can only get hit once (and you can't evolve). It's kind of like playing the game stuck on form 0. Hard, but pretty damn cool.

Quite a game.
kingofgrills
rank 33
Posted:
Mon Apr 05, 2004 2:13 pm
quote : #17
I've got to pull my copy out and give it a whirl. I own it, but I haven't had much time to play it yet. I do remember being surprised at how original it was.

I'll try it tonight...

How are my little crackers doing today?
TheMytho
rank 28
Posted:
Mon Apr 05, 2004 2:38 pm
quote : #18
Type: NTSC-U/C
If there is ever a Rez 2 made (Which I think there is a pretty good chance of. See GameSpot's Mizaguchi interview), it needs some DnB. I've recently started listening to it and it would be perfect for Rez, or just games in general. The only game I know of that has DnB in it is.... Shock Troopers for the Neo-Geo? Color me shocked.

-Mytho