Page 1 of 1
anti_flag_army
rank 6
Posted:
Tue Aug 03, 2004 2:23 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U
Tis may be a stupid question but what game is "OT"? i know ppl put just the letters of games like q3 and HL and UT but i dont know what game OT is and when u tell me i will prob. be like DUH!!!!! but until then i have no clue

aflyingcow
rank 15
Posted:
Tue Aug 03, 2004 2:29 pm
quote : #2
Outtrigger?

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Tue Aug 03, 2004 10:36 pm
quote : #3
Type: NTSC-U/C
Outtrigger is a Dreamcast exclusive first person shooter from Sega AM2. The game is an extremly fast paced arcade style FPS that allows for both 1st and 3rd person perspectives. It was broadband and dialup compatible in japan and the us. The PAL version features no network capabilities.

The game features splitscreen gameplay for up to 4 players. Up to only 2 players if your both going to use a mouse and keyboard on the same machine. The game consists of small sized maps, this is to make the game fast paced and to push the arcade style gameplay. When you kill an enemy they drop a coin, you get 1 pt for a kill, and 1 pt if you can pick up the coin. That is, if you can pick it up before you die, or someone else gets there first.

I should also point out this is probobly THE smoothest looking game on the dreamcast. The framerate stays locked at 60fps, and never drops. Even when there is tons of chaos on the screen, the framerate doesn't budge at all. Play this on a PC monitor wih a VGA box and you'll be astonished. So clear, vibrant and smooth.
Posted:
Tue Aug 03, 2004 11:44 pm
quote : #4
Type: NTSC-U
ok i was just wondering what it was...is it a good game?

grubensau
rank 40
Posted:
Wed Aug 04, 2004 10:27 am
quote : #5
CAUTION:
That Lina bomb will detonate
in 3 secs Razz

anti_flag_army wrote:
ok i was just wondering what it was...is it a good game?

It was (online) and it is (offline Multiplayer) 1 of the best FPS for DC. Like Nikon said, the grafics are amazing and the gameplay is much faster then quake. But I wouldnt buy it now, coz OT was made for online Multiplayer sessions. Im so sorry for U that U couldnt test it online. It was a blast!

The single player mode is done very fast and if U havent some friends the game will bore U after a week Sad (I needed 1 day 2 open all secrets - sure I had practice after 6 months onlinegaming)

Last edited by grubensau on Wed Aug 04, 2004 10:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Posted:
Wed Aug 04, 2004 10:30 am
quote : #6
Um...yeah, it's good. It's very good.

How are my little crackers doing today?
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Sat Aug 07, 2004 8:16 am
quote : #7
Type: NTSC-U/C
OT is awsome offline! However in vs mode with bots, the A.I. is pretty stupid. Actually very stupid. In levels with any sort of abyss such as Building, Dark Building or Blast Furnace, the enemies are too stupid to know where to run and they jump down killing themselves. So basically you could leave your controller and get a soda and still win the match. LOL. I played it going..."wait....the score is...me 20...and enemies...-9...-12....-13"

Levels like Castle and Oedo work pretty good though. But all the missions and arcade modes work awsome, and are challenging. Just the vs mode bots seem to be kinda brainless at times. (Note: this is coming from the perspective of using mouse and keyboard. Using controller against this A.I. will yield more challenging results.)

Outtrigger is an amazing game and an original FPS only found on the Dreamcast.