1, 2  Next
Einhander
rank 20
Posted:
Wed Aug 04, 2004 4:38 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Yeah... I just got it. Right now I'm busy looking for the rest of the little pieces of my head. It exploded from the sheer awesomeness. It's totally wicked, because I'm not even a really big shooter fan. Now I need to find a friend who isn't a loser who will play with me. I'm in Love. With Ikaruga.

And I'm not ashamed.

Dark Slayer 5000
rank 13
Posted:
Wed Aug 04, 2004 4:47 pm
quote : #2
Yea, I got it on DC too, and it is very fun; so fun that I bought it on GameCube as well. lol Smile

ultrapro
unknown
Posted:
Wed Aug 04, 2004 5:07 pm
quote : #3
how many times have i told u people how absolutely incredible this game is? it really is the most amazing game ever made. how far are you? if your only on the first or second levels then prepare for your senses and instincts to be pushed to the limits, it is absolutely incredible man. let me know how high a chain you can get on it as i am a bit of an ikaruga nut, my highest on level one is like near 50 and my highest on the end level is nearer 90. its my favourite game, i havent played it in a few months and am suddenly getting a hankerin for it. the last level really melts your brain. you go into some kind of daze where all you can see is the screen and your fingers seem to move of their own will as you struggle to control it in the spectacle that is the final boss(es). good luck mate, and let me know how you get on.
Posted:
Wed Aug 04, 2004 5:31 pm
quote : #4
Ikaruga is incredible. When you start to get into the zone and become attuned to the white vs. black shots and change ship color's without even thinking, it's a beautiful thing.

If you like Ikaruga, I'd also recommend Zero Gunner. That's a fantastic shooter as well
unknown
Posted:
Wed Aug 04, 2004 5:41 pm
quote : #5
yup zero gunner 2 is excellent, not as mind warping but excellent. one thats great as well would be mars matrix and psyvariar 2, obviously most people would say that border down is the closest to it but some even go so far as to say its better than ikaruga!! ludacris!!! and also shikigami no shiro 2 is a nice one. but stick with ikaruga, it really rules the gaming world imho
Posted:
Wed Aug 04, 2004 9:48 pm
quote : #6
I love Zero Gunner 2
what's Ikaruga like?
Posted:
Wed Aug 04, 2004 10:24 pm
quote : #7
Type: NTSC-U
ive never heard o this game...was it ever realised or do i have to download it? cuz after reading what u guys has to say i really want to play it

TheMytho
rank 28
Posted:
Wed Aug 04, 2004 10:33 pm
quote : #8
anti_flag_army wrote:
ive never heard o this game...was it ever realised or do i have to download it? cuz after reading what u guys has to say i really want to play it

It was only released on Dreamcast in Japan. A US version was released on the Nintendo GameCube by Atari (the only bug-free game they've released Laughing).

-Mytho

SoldierBlade
rank 14
Posted:
Wed Aug 04, 2004 10:40 pm
quote : #9
Ikaruga is perhaps the greatest classic style over head shootemup ever made. It was developed by Treasure as a pseudo-sequal to Radient Silvergun. (the title screen has the words "Project RS2") Yes, it was indeed released on DC, but only in Japan. In the US we were lucky enough to get the NGC version though. I believe there is a review on IGN you can read, and some screenshots along with it. BTW, it was a Naomi port.
Posted:
Wed Aug 04, 2004 10:47 pm
quote : #10
so if i pick it up it will b in japanese? BTW i have a boot dick for imports so that wont be a prob

SoldierBlade
rank 14
Posted:
Wed Aug 04, 2004 11:00 pm
quote : #11
Yeah, its a japanese game so there is japanese text, but believe it or not, most of the game is in english. Trust me, you'll find it VERY english friendly.
Posted:
Wed Aug 04, 2004 11:36 pm
quote : #12
i was lookin for it on ebay and its really expensive for dreamcast standards.....so will it be worth it to buy? the average was like 25

TheMytho
rank 28
Posted:
Wed Aug 04, 2004 11:55 pm
quote : #13
That's about the going rate for the GC version as well. $25 for a mint copy seems like a good deal to me. Fly, don't run, and 'shoot' that deal up.

-Mytho

freshcut_t70
banned!
Posted:
Thu Aug 05, 2004 2:44 am
quote : #14
I haven't played Ikaruga yet but it sounds amazing. The one shooter that never gets old with me is Tempest 2000. This game is so intense and is a definite classic. You can get this game on Saturn, PSone and Atari Jaguar (oh yeah, and also for you PC guys too).

ultrapro
unknown
Posted:
Thu Aug 05, 2004 3:48 am
quote : #15
ikaruga in my opinion not only has the best gameplay and action but it has the best graphics anywhere, any console and the best music. its incredibly challenging and will totally change how you feel about video games. its such a raw gaming experience, it completly overwhelms the senses and leaves you tingling with excitement. in the last few levels you become caught in it and lose any awareness of whats going on around you as your brain works the controls and tries to get you thru it. i paid £45 for my copy so to get it for $25 is amazing. if you like shooting games even alittle then get ikaruga as it is the best ever.

i am trying to get radiant silvergun for saturn but cant afford it yet. should be interesting