Page Location: Home > Archive - PAL PSO > Topic
1, 2  Next
limpbizkitfan943
rank 16
Posted:
Sat Aug 07, 2004 4:51 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
I was playing PSO the other night and this dude was playing his levbel 162 character in my game and he was pretty cool. I asked him once or twice whether he was legit, because I won't even play a game with an illegit player, whether they're harmful or not, and he said he was always legit and had been playing for 4 or 5 years, and that was how he got to level 162. anyways, he gave me a level 200 Soniti mag as a gift, and I asked if it was legit or not, and he said it was. I only play with it against really tough bosses, I play with my original mag otherwise. everybody I pull it out in front of, though, thinks it's hacked and the guy lied to me. if it's hacked, I'm selling it, because I play totally legit, at least to my knowledge. what do y'all think?
Posted:
Sat Aug 07, 2004 6:30 pm
quote : #2
I heard, that if you feed hacked mags they won't function any more.
rank 16
Posted:
Sat Aug 07, 2004 7:35 pm
quote : #3
I fed it a few things and it still worked, does that mean it's legit?
Posted:
Sun Aug 08, 2004 4:45 am
quote : #4
I would imagine the average level 162 player would be legit, for starters, as the majority of "hackers" (stupid term, they do no actual hacking) would pump themselves to 200 instantly.

The claim of 4-5 years is a little off though, as the game came out in 2001 (or very late 2000 in Japan), and has only been online for 3 1/2 years. This could be discarded as a little exaggeration.

What I don't quite believe is the giving away of a level 200 Soniti, though. I'd imagine that by level 162 he could have found a spare 502 Cell, but they do take a while to raise to level 200, and no-one would give one away particularly easily.

What are it's stats/IQ/synchro?

Miraglyth - FOnewm - Level 34 - Bana Level 127 - Egg Blaster +19
[C] Mildi - HUcast - Challenge - C3 Next (Target: 48")
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Sun Aug 08, 2004 4:53 am
quote : #5
Type: NTSC-U/C
Well there is no way to tell if it is a legit mag or not. It could very well be a dupe. Maybe he got it from another non-legit player...thinking it was legit, but its really not.

Because people cheat, there is no way to verify the mag is legit or not. A lot of gamesharkers will say they are legit and totally play it off that they are legit, and give dupes to non-legits. They think there is nothing wrong with using dupes, and they intentionally spread rares in order to validate their own style of playing PSO. It's wrong and a lot of gamers out there just don't know to be carefull.

In the end, this guy could be legit, he could not be. There is no real way to tell.

Because of the way cheaters have ruined PSO, I have no choice when I play to not accept items from others. I find my own items, grow my own mags, and find my own mesata. I will accept items that have fallen in a game I am actively playing in, and the people are friends that I know and have played with.

The only way to know your legit is to just not accept items, especially from people you have just met. Otherwise there will ALWAYS be that suspicion that the item could be a dupe.

The choice is up to you though.
Posted:
Sun Aug 08, 2004 7:03 am
quote : #6
what is the IQ of soniti you have?
an easy way 2 tell is alot of the time ppl hack
a mag not just 2 own the mag but they also
increase the stats.. ask around with people u
trust or compare 2 you mag you raised yourself
the most common (this why i say whats the iq)
is to bump the iq up to 32767 iq which make the
soniti loads more effective if the syncro is at a high level with u (lots and lots of star atomizers
as they leave other stats alone and do up sync
wen stats are all at 50) this makes u more or lessiinvincible as soniti will not let u die....

hope this helps

limpbizkitfan943
rank 16
Posted:
Sun Aug 08, 2004 9:59 am
quote : #7
once I died and it revived me right back up but that's never happened since
Posted:
Sun Aug 08, 2004 10:49 am
quote : #8
maybe u had a scape doll then
Posted:
Sun Aug 08, 2004 10:57 am
quote : #9
what's a scape doll?
Posted:
Sun Aug 08, 2004 11:06 am
quote : #10
It's an item which ,when you die, rivives you and restores your HP and TP so you don't have to return to pioneer2. Afterward it's gone. IN Ultimate it only revives you with 1HP.
rank 30
Posted:
Sun Aug 08, 2004 11:07 am
quote : #11
i have the same problem. if you feed a regular mag duped items, will the mag become hacked? Just wondering, i don't want to get in trouble. I quit duping after i basically got all the weapons and it was no longer fun. Then I gave them all away to people. Nothing I have is duped or hacked anymore.
rank 6
Posted:
Sun Aug 08, 2004 11:40 am
quote : #12
I remember the lvl 200 soniti being the biggest duped mag back in the day.
Dream
Cast
limpbizkitfan943
rank 16
Posted:
Sun Aug 08, 2004 12:15 pm
quote : #13
I never have cheated on PSO, it takes all the fun out playing the game like it was meant to be played. if I even enter a game and people are cheating, I usually leave

Posted Sun Aug 08, 2004 2:17 pm:

I guess I'll just leave my level 200 Soniti in the bank, in case for some reason I want to use it again someday
Posted:
Sun Aug 08, 2004 12:26 pm
quote : #14
Besides, it's fun to raise Mags to 200, especially the one you start with. It usually doesn't make the game that much harder either (barring the lack of invincibility at the start of bosses and the rare Auto-Reverser).

Miraglyth - FOnewm - Level 34 - Bana Level 127 - Egg Blaster +19
[C] Mildi - HUcast - Challenge - C3 Next (Target: 48")
ultrapro
unknown
Posted:
Sun Aug 08, 2004 2:19 pm
quote : #15
i still would love to know how to get a legit soniti myself as it was one of my favourites, do you have to feed it special items?