Topic: Giant Robot Games

Page 1 of 2
Chile
rank 30
Posted:
Sat Aug 07, 2004 11:16 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Are Tech Romancer and Slave Zero any good?
rank 6
Posted:
Sat Aug 07, 2004 11:20 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U
I bought slave zero for 1.99 and it was worth that price. the game is pretty good but no BGM at all its just quiet with the sounds o explosion and death. the enemy bot are pretty tough b/c they attack in numbers but the helth is EVERYWHERE u will NEVER run out o helth. overall its aa good game check gamepro.com in the retro reviews and they got a review thats pretty good. As for the other game i have no clue about it sorry

freshcut_t70
banned!
Posted:
Sun Aug 08, 2004 2:05 am
quote : #3
If you want two games that fit this category then try Gundam Side Story 0079 and VO:OT. Both games are great but different from each other. I use to have Gundam and had the Saturn version of Virtual On. I played S;eve Zero and wasn't impressed but its ok for something different.

Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Sun Aug 08, 2004 5:53 am
quote : #4
Type: Pal
You may also like Alien front online or Alien front offline as it is now Sad .

Laters
Posted:
Sun Aug 08, 2004 6:40 am
quote : #5
i never bothered with slave zero, i saw it bring
played in one of my local stores and just didnt
fancy it from then on. gundam is a good game
though i thought, it gets pretty tough on the last few levels. and tech romancer geeze i use 2 love playing that!! my m8s could never b arsed to learn
the moves (simple as they are) so in 2 player they
rarely lasted the time limit Smile its nothing
complicated but definately fun 2 play

Chile
rank 30
Posted:
Sun Aug 08, 2004 11:02 am
quote : #6
ok i was already picking up gundam and vo:ot. now i guess ill get those two
unknown
Posted:
Sun Aug 08, 2004 2:36 pm
quote : #7
why has no one mentioned frame gride yet?? its the closest thing to armored core you can get and the graphics are amazing. its japanese but i picked it up in the cex store in harrow, for £8!!! its incredible. you build a massive robot who looks like a medieval suit of armor and you get into battles in awesome arenas and can get make your parts by finding crystals. its incredible.

tech romancer is a classic game which i have beaten one hundred % i have every unlockable item puzzle and clip. well worth buying. voot is beautiful to watch and fair to control with patience but the learning curve is very steep. slave zero is a sweet game which has some good action and awesome weaponry to find. it is a bit linear tho but is worth a purchase.
Posted:
Sun Aug 08, 2004 3:15 pm
quote : #8
Not on the DC but if you have a PS2 you could try Robot wars arenas of destruction. Its based on a UK TV show like battlebots only much better IMO. Best thing about this game is its dead cheap to buy brand new but it may not have an NTSC release being based on a UK TV show.

The game its self plays quite well the graphics arnt anything special but the do the job. Build your robot and adding to it is by far the most fun part of the game and the fighting is also quite manic. Sometimes losing a battle by being tipped over can be a little frustrating but its equaly as sweet whenu do it to the other robot. Worst part of the gam is as with many games, sometimes the camera angle goes to a horrible position. Over all for the price you can get it this game is worth the money.

Laters
Posted:
Sun Aug 08, 2004 4:43 pm
quote : #9
uh, blast he meant big robot games such as manga style androids and shit, robot wars isnt quite the same, i heard that the robot wars game got a bad rating, is it any good? i quite like the show but cant watch it too often as it gets samey.
Posted:
Sun Aug 08, 2004 6:55 pm
quote : #10
In the PSOne, there were lots of Super Robot/Giant Robot strategy games by Winkysoft and Banpresto. They had Gundams. Evas, even the classic ones like Mazinger Z, Combatter V, etc. I tried them out on Bleemcast beta and they work.

But the robot characters are SD.

Einhander
rank 20
Posted:
Sun Aug 08, 2004 8:32 pm
quote : #11
Type: NTSC-U/C
How english-friendly is Frame Gride, anyway?

My two favorite things are robots, and pissed off robots (see: these robots to see what I mean), and if I can find another game that lets me run around as a giant robot and beat the crap out of other giant robots, I'm all ears.[/url]

ultrapro
unknown
Posted:
Mon Aug 09, 2004 3:32 am
quote : #12
its not too easy for english peeps but gamefaqs has incredibly helpful guides including a 2 part instruction manual translation and 2 thorough game walkthurs that explain things well. there is a section at the beginning where u decide how your starting frame will look, you get asked loads of questions and have to pick the items you want for your starting equipment, there is also a translation for this. its an excellent game and the variety of weapons and squires (sorta like side kicks you can have as many as 5 with you in a fight!) really makes it worth while. plus the intro movie is v cool
Posted:
Mon Aug 09, 2004 7:37 am
quote : #13
ultrapro wrote:
uh, blast he meant big robot games such as manga style androids and shit, robot wars isnt quite the same, i heard that the robot wars game got a bad rating, is it any good? i quite like the show but cant watch it too often as it gets samey.

Yeh yeh I knew that as I mentioned AFO above Smile anyway dont they all look around the same size on a TV screen lol. Best advice with Robot wars game is if your a fan or watcher of the program then you will probably like the game. The game has lots of different arenas to fight in and the classic tv studio is included which makes for great memorys. The game even has the older champion robots suchas hypnodisc and chaos 2 as unlockables, in fact most of the old robots are avalible. You also get the TV show show intro and the proper comentator(name escapes me) along with run downs on the robots before the matches begin. Overall if u like the show that all adds up to being quite cool.

Laters
Posted:
Mon Aug 09, 2004 5:12 pm
quote : #14
If you want a great giant robot masterpiece think of one word: Federation Vs. Zeon DX.

Amazing graphics, amazing controls. Gundam's great mobile suits come to life in this direct port of the Japanese arcade game developed by CAPCOM.

I have virtually every giant robot fighting game out there on Dreamcast, including Frame Gride, and this is hands down my favorite of the bunch. I cannot express how much of a Dreamcast masterpiece this game is.

It wasn't available for sale in the US - so it's difficult to find - but well worth the effort.

How are my little crackers doing today?
esk
rank 7
Posted:
Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:26 pm
quote : #15
Blast wrote:
You also get the TV show show intro and the proper comentator(name escapes me)

craig charles werent it?