Page Location: Home > Dreamcast Lounge > Topic
1, 2  Next
Chile
rank 30
Posted:
Mon Aug 09, 2004 1:06 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
I got it factory sealed off ebay for 9.98.(includes shippin) What do you guys think about it?

Posted Mon Aug 09, 2004 2:17 pm:

dammit! It's not working! Me pissed off! What the hell is wrong?
rank 15
Posted:
Mon Aug 09, 2004 1:18 pm
quote : #2
Damn that sucks bro. That game would cost ya about 4$ shipped off ebay.
rank 30
Posted:
Mon Aug 09, 2004 1:40 pm
quote : #3
i bought it for $5, then with shipping, 9.98 what should i do? i already emailed the guy about it. I hope he exchanges
unknown
Posted:
Mon Aug 09, 2004 1:40 pm
quote : #4
I liked that game a lot. It's underrated.
rank 30
Posted:
Mon Aug 09, 2004 10:23 pm
quote : #5
the person said they would ship another immiediatly. Yay!
unknown
Posted:
Tue Aug 10, 2004 10:57 am
quote : #6
excellent game that is, i paid about £15 total for mine.
Posted:
Tue Aug 10, 2004 11:31 am
quote : #7
I guess I've never heard of it before. What type of game is it? I'll go track it down on the net and do my homework.
Posted:
Tue Aug 10, 2004 11:36 am
quote : #8
well its in space, the air, land, and in the water.
unknown
Posted:
Tue Aug 10, 2004 11:43 am
quote : #9
its part rpg part shootem up you fly your ship around bumping into alien craft and killing them gaining exp and money for each one, through out space there are numerous planets you can visit and either kill things if necessary or (in the case of your home world) you can talk to fellow human resistence fighters, and also throughout space there are space stations which act as upgrade shops. you go home whenever you want and recharge health and power and keep going taking on any jobs that sound good until you are strong enough to take on the next boss in the story. its very cool and i quite like the graphics, allthough the fighting is somewhat linear, but you can buy cool upgrades.
Posted:
Tue Aug 10, 2004 12:05 pm
quote : #10
that sounds like armada....
rank 33
Posted:
Tue Aug 10, 2004 12:18 pm
quote : #11
I think that is a description of Armada. I really found that game to be unique and enjoyable, and I need to take it out for a spin again.

I have never played Incoming, but I was told it is similar in vein to Defense Commander and also Missile Command. I guess you control a station or defense network and work at stopping an incoming attack.

I hope you get your copy working. Is it smudged or something? Once or twice I had the same problem with a new disc and it's very frustrating. Once, I had a single small print (my finger must have touched it), and I guess it was right on the disc where the initialization sequence was, making it unreadable. A quick wipe of the disc took care of that.

Another time, and I forget what game it was, I had a memory card plugged in that was just about full. For some reason, the game would not load at all with the card plugged in, which doesn't make any sense to me. When I unplugged the card it worked fine. I then reshuffled some VMU files and everything was okay.

Anything is worth a shot I guess.

How are my little crackers doing today?
Chile
rank 30
Posted:
Tue Aug 10, 2004 12:55 pm
quote : #12
already tried everything. disc was perfect.
unknown
Posted:
Tue Aug 10, 2004 3:00 pm
quote : #13
sorry your absolutely right, now i know i shouldnt be posting at work with my boss sat behind me, i get all forgetful, sorry guys.

incoming is a pretty linear shooting game with absolutely no rpg elements at all, please disregard my discription earlier as it is bollox. you play thru missions and its very similar in parts to defence commander, you control a gun turrett and shoot down targets, you can also be a tank or a chopper, its fair entertainment if you can get it for cheap (as in £3 as thats all you should have to spend on the high street really) then your laughing, its got fair graphics and controls with good sound and has a fair bit of variety to each mission but after a while you will've seen all the game really has to offer,

armada on the other hand does everything i mentioned earlier and is a far better game to buy!!!

Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green
Posted:
Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:24 am
quote : #14
I have Incoming and play it once in awhile. Its a decent game where you shoot any thing that moves from a tank, helicopter, jet fighter, space pod,even an alien ship. The game doesn't do anything wrong but nothing stands out about the game either, Not a bad game.

deadmanshand
rank 11
Posted:
Wed Aug 11, 2004 5:38 am
quote : #15
indeed this is a pretty decent game i used to play this game on my mom's pc for hours before it came out for dc.this game looks exactly as it was on the pc version.