Topic: where to buy dreameye

Page 1 of 1
speedbody
rank 3
Posted:
Wed Aug 11, 2004 6:50 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
i have searched the net (even ebay) and i have found nothing , i heard this thing also connects to your tv and it uses phone line or isp to use to make video confrence calls , does anybody here have this thing to confirm what its capabilities are

[UKR]DreamcastUK
unknown
Posted:
Wed Aug 11, 2004 7:06 am
quote : #2
try ebay.com and then ebay.au / liksang
Posted:
Wed Aug 11, 2004 7:21 am
quote : #3
Type: NTSC-U/C
Lik-sang doesn't carry it. They just had an auction the other day on e-bay with a lot of 10 of them for sale. Looks like it's gone now, though.

Yes, you can video conference. The Dreameye was actually a pretty nifty peripheral. The camera itself could take numerous pictures as a stand-alone camera, and to my understanding, was capable of taking short video clips. Then the camera can then be docked on the included tripod and connected to the Dreamcast.

The camera comes packaged with software called "Visual Park." Since this was a Japan exclusive, you'll need a boot disk or a J/NTSC DC to play it.

With the included software, you'll be able to send your photos/video over e-mail, hold video conferences as well as have access to a photo editor which Adobe had some part in developing. All conferencing connections are handled through the internal modem of the DC. I'm unsure of any broadband capabilities.

The camera also comes with a microphone and a microphone headset setup so you can talk in conjunction with the video.

This is a good site with some good pictures of the Dreameye as well as some other DC items of interest including the Dreamcast karaoke unit, and the would be MP3 and DVD players.

Dreamcast ™

Steven
rank 9
Posted:
Wed Aug 11, 2004 8:12 am
quote : #4
www.play-asia.com has some in stock. www.ebay.co.uk gets a couple every month on it and www.google.com then try froogle your bound to find some on there. Hope this helping Smile

EDIT : play-asia.com has run out of stock on dream eyes try ebay.co.uk and froogle

Games online with : Phantasy Star Online Ver.2 (PAL), Star Lancer, F355 Challange

Currently playing : Phantasy Star Online Ver.2 (PAL)
[UKR]DreamcastUK
unknown
Posted:
Wed Aug 11, 2004 11:21 am
quote : #5
liksang used to

you can get all good DC stuff from ebay you just have to look for it and then wait around till it comes on again..

I have the Dreameye myself on a PAL system and one of the options just resets the DC
Posted:
Wed Aug 11, 2004 1:04 pm
quote : #6
www.goldenshop.com.hk has some in stock at a fair price. I've ordered from them before and they're reliable.
rank 13
Posted:
Wed Aug 11, 2004 1:45 pm
quote : #7
Try this place, I'm sure a lot of you will drool over this. lol

http://www.gamechoiceclub.com/