Page Location: Home > VS Link Games > Topic
1, 2  Next

Forum: VS Link Games

Topic: Saturn or Dreamcast?

Page 1 of 2
Chile
rank 30
Posted:
Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:59 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Posts: 643
Why is it that both versions look a lot like the arcade version? Is their two arcade versions then?
  _________________
Down with the Neocons!
Collection
TheMytho
rank 28
Posted:
Wed Aug 11, 2004 2:42 pm
quote : #2
profile : pm
Posts: 587
Type: NTSC-U/C
The game originated in the arcade and was ported to Saturn and DC. Saturn got Moongate Project or something of that nature.

-Mytho
 
Steven
rank 9
Posted:
Wed Aug 11, 2004 3:07 pm
quote : #3
profile : pm
Posts: 116
Chile wrote:
Why is it that both versions look a lot like the arcade version? Is their two arcade versions then?


if I remember correctly there are 3 arcade versions *checks dreamcast magazine* ...... *10minutes later*

there are 3 versions of Virtual On :

Virtual On
Virtual On : Oratorio Tangram &
Virtual On Force

here is a quite from a magazine about it.

Dreamcast Magazine wrote:
Virtual Reality
The biggest difference that you're going to see in the game is that it looks even better than before, as well as making use of the all new card system as seem previously on Club Kart. With the card you'll be able to personalise your choosen Virtualoid, save details of your wins and losses as well as other cool stuff which Hitmaker are keeping under wraps for the time being. In regards to the gameplay you're not going to see any radical changes, with Hitmaker preferring to stick to the style that has made so many gamers fall head over in love with the series. Enjoy it!.


and that's that folks Razz
  _________________
- Steven

Games online with : Phantasy Star Online Ver.2 (PAL), Star Lancer, F355 Challange

Currently playing : Phantasy Star Online Ver.2 (PAL)
Chile
rank 30
Posted:
Wed Aug 11, 2004 3:21 pm
quote : #4
profile : pm
Posts: 643
but basically the same graphics?
  _________________
Down with the Neocons!
Collection
Steven
rank 9
Posted:
Wed Aug 11, 2004 3:24 pm
quote : #5
profile : pm
Posts: 116
depending what you me by that Virtual on Force has the best graphics out of the lot probably used a naomi 2 board or summit >,>
  _________________
- Steven

Games online with : Phantasy Star Online Ver.2 (PAL), Star Lancer, F355 Challange

Currently playing : Phantasy Star Online Ver.2 (PAL)
lordnikon
rank 86
Posted:
Wed Aug 11, 2004 3:43 pm
quote : #6
profile : pm
Posts: 5898
Type: NTSC-U/C
Out of all the versions released for home consoles, VOOT is the most complete package as far as Virtual On. There are some people who are hardcore fans of the saturn version. However VOOT on the DC is the most faithful rendition of a virtual on game to a home console.

Virtual On Marz was released for the PS2, however it couldn't match up to the graphical clarity of VOOT on the DC. Also the gameplay mechanice and controls wen't as crisp.
  _________________
I'm already numero uno on Dark Helmet's hit list...
Chile
rank 30
Posted:
Wed Aug 11, 2004 10:38 pm
quote : #7
profile : pm
Posts: 643
wow i played it and instantly i remembered how much fun i would have at the arcades playing this.
  _________________
Down with the Neocons!
Collection
freshcut_t70
banned!
Posted:
Wed Aug 11, 2004 11:45 pm
quote : #8
profile : pm
Posts: 127
I use to have the Saturn version and the 2 player mode was so much fun. The graphics aren't as good as the DC version but it holds it own. This version has twin stick support as well. The Saturn has fans because the system is deserving of such support.
 
Steven
rank 9
Posted:
Thu Aug 12, 2004 3:16 am
quote : #9
profile : pm
Posts: 116
freshcut_t70 wrote:
IThe Saturn has fans because the system is deserving of such support.


it's kinda weird you say that, I've noticed this kinda lately that once a console dies people will go out and buy it and say "how did this ever fail?!?!?!!!!"

the answer simply is YOU WERE PLAYING WITH A PLAYSTATION 1 / 2!!!!!!!!!!! Razz

cheerz,

o0o0o and also bad advertisment in europe helped it fail over here Sad
  _________________
- Steven

Games online with : Phantasy Star Online Ver.2 (PAL), Star Lancer, F355 Challange

Currently playing : Phantasy Star Online Ver.2 (PAL)
Morph
unknown
Posted:
Sun Aug 15, 2004 4:22 pm
quote : #10
profile : pm
Posts: 299
lordnikon wrote:
Out of all the versions released for home consoles, VOOT is the most complete package as far as Virtual On. There are some people who are hardcore fans of the saturn version. However VOOT on the DC is the most faithful rendition of a virtual on game to a home console.

Virtual On Marz was released for the PS2, however it couldn't match up to the graphical clarity of VOOT on the DC. Also the gameplay mechanice and controls wen't as crisp.


Well, at least Cyber Troopers (Saturn version) has internet game support. Oh yeah burn! Razz
 
lordnikon
rank 86
Posted:
Sun Aug 15, 2004 8:19 pm
quote : #11
profile : pm
Posts: 5898
Type: NTSC-U/C
Morph wrote:
lordnikon wrote:
Out of all the versions released for home consoles, VOOT is the most complete package as far as Virtual On. There are some people who are hardcore fans of the saturn version. However VOOT on the DC is the most faithful rendition of a virtual on game to a home console.

Virtual On Marz was released for the PS2, however it couldn't match up to the graphical clarity of VOOT on the DC. Also the gameplay mechanice and controls wen't as crisp.


Well, at least Cyber Troopers (Saturn version) has internet game support. Oh yeah burn! Razz

JP Virtual On had online support Very Happy Ultra Burn! But yea Cyber Troopers Virtual On does have both System Link and Netlink support(that still works). So I guess it just all depends on whats important. I guess it depends on the user on which would be more complete. SAT VO, or DC VO. Regardless I think both games are worth owning. The more options the better.

Also getting a pair of Saturn Twin Sticks for use on the saturn, and then a SAT > DC adaptor would be a good financial move as well.
  _________________
I'm already numero uno on Dark Helmet's hit list...
Morph
unknown
Posted:
Mon Aug 16, 2004 8:00 pm
quote : #12
profile : pm
Posts: 299
Really, lordnikon? Then why isnt JAP VO:OT in the Graveyard? I might have to go and track me down a copy...
 
Mr. Spank
rank 12
Posted:
Wed Feb 16, 2005 11:17 am
quote : #13
profile : pm
Posts: 177
lordnikon wrote:
Cyber Troopers Virtual On does have both System Link and Netlink support(that still works).


Get the 'F' of town! The SS version netlink still works?! Are we allowed to get into the details of that here?
 
segadreamcaster
rank 37
Posted:
Wed Feb 16, 2005 11:41 am
quote : #14
profile : pm
Posts: 811
Type: NTSC-U/C
All the netlink games for the sega saturn still work....virtual on, bomberman, Sega Rally, Duke Nukem 3D and also the very rare (if anyone has it I want it...lol) Daytona USA CCE netlink edition.

The netlink works via direct dial, so someone puts their copy of "virtual on" in their saturn for example, with their netlink modem in the cart slot and is then able to dial a friends number who also has their saturn on with the game and modem waiting for the call, which the saturn then pick up on the other end tp establish the direct connection.

The netlink games need no servers or any external help at all, so they will always be possible to play online as long as you know someone who has a saturn, a netlink modem, the netlink game you want to play, a phone line and the wish to play....

sadly I havent had the chance to play online yet with the netlink here in the UK, but soon blast and I intend to try it out...should be good fun

Cheers, Craig
  _________________
Game Names:

PSO = Ryo or SEGADCER
Q3A, Starlancer
Max Pool = Segadcer
4x4 Evo = Segadreamcaster

Visit the NEW Saturn netlink league www.saturnleague.com
Mr. Spank
rank 12
Posted:
Wed Feb 16, 2005 1:04 pm
quote : #15
profile : pm
Posts: 177
this is fantastic information! I know where I can pick up the net link, last time I was there they had a couple and I was thinking how stupid it is, and that only a collector would buy it. I might go buy 2 now (one for a friend who has a SS). Do you need a SS keyboard to use it or does it incorporate a virtual keyboard like PS2?
 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
Display:   
 
View previous topic - View next topic
Page Location: Home > VS Link Games > Topic
1, 2  Next