lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Thu Aug 12, 2004 2:45 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
http://www.project-firestorm.com/

Oh baby!!! Another shooter! There are screenshots of the dc version as well as a video download and forums there too! OMFG! They already have one shooter under their belts. I don't know wether this is a real dreamcast release to GD-ROM, or it will be sold on CDR. All I know is this:

The company has 1 shooter under their belts already.
They have screens of the game in development on the DC.
There is a movie download.
Dreamcast is listed.

So another shooter hits the mighty dreamcast. This fucking ownz.

EDIT#1: After further analysis the game is a bite. Although it will be developed and released, at the moment I don't know wether he has sprites in place for just development purposes or what. Or if this developer has worked on other projects before. The red ship after observation is very similar to the Mars Matrix ship. He does site it as a noted influence. Then I must also iterate that the secondary attack used that is seen in the video....is str8 from DoDonPachi. But I don't know wether they were just influenced or its a str8 up rip.

Regardless, its obvious this company is getting a lot of inspiration from other shooters on the market. Cept their game Blue Sabers looks original from what I can tell. From the screens of that I can't see anything wierd but I don't have every shooter in existance memorized.

EDIT#2: Ok after even further analysis I find out this information. The game was already released for the PC.
http://shop.himeya.com/products/adult_mag_jp/karugamo/karugamo.html I guess these guys are getting hired to port it to the DC? But they say they have plans to improve and change the game so its more original for the DC. Also he said the secondary attack is used from radient silvergun and it will be replaced. And its just their for dev purposes.

Ok so the game was released on the PC and is being brought to the Dreamcast in a new original format. I think everyone needs to buy this game from this company. They publish their own games so its rough for them. Probobly a very very small operation. These people deserve support.
Posted:
Thu Aug 12, 2004 3:09 pm
quote : #2
Cool, Baby! The DC pictures that are listed on the site look very different (better) than the PC screen shots shown below.

If this materializes as planned, I'll definitely try supporting these cats and buy it.

How are my little crackers doing today?
Steven
rank 9
Posted:
Thu Aug 12, 2004 4:08 pm
quote : #3
awww man that game loooks sweeet Smile Very Happy

Games online with : Phantasy Star Online Ver.2 (PAL), Star Lancer, F355 Challange

Currently playing : Phantasy Star Online Ver.2 (PAL)
fallout
rank 16
Posted:
Thu Aug 12, 2004 4:38 pm
quote : #4
Type: PAL
Awwww Twisted Evil I forgot tho post this news on this board , damit i have this information
now for over a week now Neutral lordnikons u are faster Wink

The best on this shooter is !!!!! . .. . It's from GERMANY Laughing

Developer Website :

http://www.project-firestorm.com

When u like the game .. BUY it Smile maybe the developers make some other games for DC Smile
kontact
rank 9
Posted:
Thu Aug 12, 2004 4:43 pm
quote : #5
Definitely good news. Despite the current screens definitely show bite this is still dope, like it said they are probably going to change things around, ( i would start with the straight rip of the ikaruga main screen heh).
Otherwise this is very cool to see, and looks very quality.
Posted:
Thu Aug 12, 2004 5:21 pm
quote : #6
that blue saber looks fairly cool but is only for pc, this karugamo looks like a rip between ikaruga and mars matrix, the japanese black symbol is the exact ikaruga symbol and merely says karugamo under it and the ship looks just like mars matrix, nikon said that already so i wont go into that. i take it the game is going to be sold much like baldur force exe?? or do we download it like beats of rage?
Posted:
Thu Aug 12, 2004 5:59 pm
quote : #7
I took blue saber for a test run on the pc and it's AMAZING!

Games online with : Phantasy Star Online Ver.2 (PAL), Star Lancer, F355 Challange

Currently playing : Phantasy Star Online Ver.2 (PAL)
kontact
rank 9
Posted:
Thu Aug 12, 2004 8:54 pm
quote : #8
ultrapro wrote:
that blue saber looks fairly cool but is only for pc, this karugamo looks like a rip between ikaruga and mars matrix, the japanese black symbol is the exact ikaruga symbol and merely says karugamo under it and the ship looks just like mars matrix, nikon said that already so i wont go into that. i take it the game is going to be sold much like baldur force exe?? or do we download it like beats of rage?

It says its going to be $29.90 so not going to be like BOR. Hopefully it will get the most official looking release it can and not some cheesy cover designed by the programmers themselves, everyone knows coders/programmers have no sense of design Wink .
Posted:
Thu Aug 12, 2004 9:50 pm
quote : #9
this project looks pretty good and has potential let's hope the final product will take full advantage of the dc's capabilitie's and with a little luck hopefully this game doesn't get lost in translation and end being another wannabe.

pure Evil or Very Mad has arrived

icepick
rank 13
Posted:
Thu Aug 12, 2004 11:00 pm
quote : #10
Hey, I buy music CDs by independent artists to support them... I'll buy it!

Looks like 2005 could be the year of underground DC game releases?
TTS
rank 13
Posted:
Sun Mar 06, 2005 2:53 pm
quote : #11
Could be.

Right now, I could care less what the game is. If they still make DC games, I'll still buy em'.

ultrapro
unknown
Posted:
Sun Mar 06, 2005 4:42 pm
quote : #12
thats the way we should all be looking at it, i know i do, i have reserved mine via lik sang and cant wait for more titles to be confirmed. i hate these rumours and shit, i just love it when a new title is confirmed tho!!
Posted:
Sun Mar 06, 2005 6:32 pm
quote : #13
Karugamo at Lik-Sang?

Are you in the right thread?

Wink
ultrapro
unknown
Posted:
Mon Mar 07, 2005 6:00 am
quote : #14
apparently not!! Laughing you know what i mean, trizeal damn it, sorry. anyway!!