Topic: Missing UT...

Page 1 of 1
DreamcastMagic
banned!
Posted:
Fri Aug 13, 2004 12:42 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
For the collection topic I did a little inventory of all the games I could find in hands lengh ... which would sell for a cool 2.2 grand Very Happy but that will never happen! Hell I could live in a box and eat romen for 3 years before I would think of selling my copy of Ooga Booga... [/off-topic-rant] anywho I was looking around at the game pages on IGN for some of my games and got to UT and was like man Neutral I played that thing a insane amount of time, like every night in 2002 up until Dec 03' when we switched over to cable internet and didn't know there were any free isp's. In that time I joined the Mirol clan, made a website for it and was just moments away from getting a free BBA like some other members when I lost my ISP Crying or Very sad God it sucks not having this game, I think its much better then Q3 (although its still a kickass game) ... I mean I still drool at the crap it can do which is like everything and more! For those who don't remember or don't know ...
-A mind blowing 65 levels and a good number of Dreamcast exclusives
-8 player multiplayer games, double what Quake III can, playing UT online got insane in some of those matches
-The great graphics from the PC version all there with no slowdowns and running at a blazing 60 fps (although a bit toned down on the character modes its nothing even worth complaining about)
-Broadband adapter, vga box, keyboard and mouse all fully supported
-2-4 player split screen
and best of all... playing on the controller was fun and you could still kick major ass!!!!

oi, I miss the online matches of pure unadulterated mayhem me and the thousands who played enjoyed Sad

A codes ppl might not know ...
Unlock SegaNet Levels - Go to Network Mode, then Account 2 (Login: admin@sega.net; Password: tenages), connect/save settings, then go to Practice Mode
Some more here http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/dreamcast/code/28606.html

anyone remember that code that could (using another code) be locked to a key ... the one where you fake death lol god that was the funniest when people would walk by and you would just get up and kill them haha
Twisted Evil

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Sun Aug 29, 2004 9:34 am
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
Yea me and Kontact played some pretty great matches of UT in the early spring. But most of my time was unfortunatly spent playing Outtrigger and I didn't really get a chance to really take advantage of UT like I should have at the time. I played enough to have gotten a moderate fill, but not as much as I should have. I was stuck in OT for about 8 hours a week.

I met some pretty cool and die hard clan members on UT. Some were jerks though.

Yea UT is the ultimate all in one Unreal Tournament gaming package. It has team deathmatch, which the PS2 version doesn't have(but the DC version doesn't have assault). The DC version has some awsome mutators as well as the ability to modify game settings via the text field in game. Which I love doing.

Don't you just love the interface on DC UT? I love the colors used and the blue octogonal pattern in the background.

Also to unlock those seganet levels there is a secret trick to unlocking them without having to input those codes. All you have to do is.....own a BBA Very Happy Mr. Green The BBA unlocks them for you by default.
Posted:
Sun Aug 29, 2004 11:34 am
quote : #3
Type: NTSC-U
I remember that little trick from a long time ago. though i never tested it out. what levels does it put in? and can they be used in multiplayer. The only reason I have stoped playing UT since it went offline is because of the lack of multiplayer levels. Does it open up Face, Face2, or Lava Giant for Multiplayer?

Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Sun Aug 29, 2004 12:27 pm
quote : #4
Type: Pal
Id say UT was actualy my least fave of the 3 DC shooters. Playing from the UK didnt help it lagged like hell over here and after I played Q3 it just didnt seem as smooth or anywhere near as free moving, also seemed a lot slower paced. Guess I may have got to like it more but the Lag was the ultimate factor, funny cus OT and Q3 NTSC servers played fine from the UK *shrug*.

Laters
Posted:
Sun Aug 29, 2004 5:43 pm
quote : #5
I bought the BBA s soley for UT online and I played CTF for hours at a time. I really do wish it was still online. Sad

Chile
rank 30
Posted:
Sun Aug 29, 2004 6:14 pm
quote : #6
isn't there a possiblility it will be online again. Like small but still? Like maybe if they gave out the source code
rank 13
Posted:
Sun Aug 29, 2004 6:16 pm
quote : #7
Chile wrote:
isn't there a possiblility it will be online again. Like small but still? Like maybe if they gave out the source code

It would be impossible to put it back online again.

Chile
rank 30
Posted:
Sun Aug 29, 2004 7:19 pm
quote : #8
that's what they said about pso
rank 19
Posted:
Sun Aug 29, 2004 7:39 pm
quote : #9