Page Location: Home > Dreamcast Lounge > Topic
1, 2  Next
kingofgrills
rank 33
Posted:
Sat Aug 14, 2004 2:53 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
For those of you who are fans of Half-Life, or are interested in learning more about the Dreamcast version of the game prior to it being cancelled, there is a good article on Gamespot. It is an interview with Randy Pitchford, the game's producer.

Here it is: http://www.gamespot.com/dreamcast/action/halflife/preview_2653878.html

Some of you may have read this already, but I thought it was pretty interesting - especially their discussion of the planned online aspects of the game that sadly didn't materialize.

How are my little crackers doing today?
Nico0020
rank 11
Posted:
Sat Aug 14, 2004 5:35 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U
man i would have loved DCHalf life online. But with a battle of 56K and BBA's things get a bit uneven,lol. Wasent someone trying to get halfife online, anything materialize outa that?

Chile
rank 30
Posted:
Sat Aug 14, 2004 5:53 pm
quote : #3
it will probably never happen though. *sigh* thanks about the preview! Way more than the ign one!
unknown
Posted:
Mon Aug 16, 2004 2:39 pm
quote : #4
sucks big time, i read something similar in my odm uk from way back stating an expansion pack would come out later in the dc's life to give it online and multiplayer and god do i wish it had happened, with halflife online the dc would've been officially untouchable in the console market. if only halflife had been released before sega folded then the dc would've gained a huge number of pc fans and fps fans. ooh the possibilities!
Posted:
Mon Aug 16, 2004 2:41 pm
quote : #5
dido
Posted:
Mon Aug 16, 2004 8:06 pm
quote : #6
Well, the Online code IS in the DC Beta, just check out ur cvars and cmds. There is simply no way to harness it.

Chile
rank 30
Posted:
Mon Aug 16, 2004 8:27 pm
quote : #7
they showed them fragging each other so is split screen possible?
unknown
Posted:
Mon Aug 16, 2004 8:43 pm
quote : #8
If there is a spilt screen enabled version, it sure aint the beta we got. it was probably a seperate beta that they were building into Half-Life Multiplayer.

Steven
rank 9
Posted:
Mon Aug 16, 2004 10:50 pm
quote : #9
ultrapro wrote:
sucks big time, i read something similar in my odm uk from way back stating an expansion pack would come out later in the dc's life to give it online and multiplayer and god do i wish it had happened, with halflife online the dc would've been officially untouchable in the console market. if only halflife had been released before sega folded then the dc would've gained a huge number of pc fans and fps fans. ooh the possibilities!

sega would probably still pulled out the hardware market, it was too late in the dc's life to realese half-life, but sega will be back they'll probably wait till the gaming market flops be it in 2 years 10 years or 20 years then they will probably release a new console as no one will know who to trust since the whole gaming market is at an all time low.

Games online with : Phantasy Star Online Ver.2 (PAL), Star Lancer, F355 Challange

Currently playing : Phantasy Star Online Ver.2 (PAL)
ultrapro
unknown
Posted:
Tue Aug 17, 2004 3:27 pm
quote : #10
but you have to remember that in 7 years or so the sega as we know it will be no more as they have been bought over by sammy and its all getting integrated together, but i still hold onto hope for a new sega console one day
Posted:
Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:23 am
quote : #11
Actually my neighbor owns Half Life for the Dreamcast, he got it off ebay, its very hard to find on it but it pops up every now and then. It dosent come with the booklet, but it is the full version of it, it has Blue Shift in it too, i have played it a few times. You might be able to find it for 35-90 bucks on ebay or other sites if you look around, some disks got out...

Me
Chile
rank 30
Posted:
Mon Aug 23, 2004 6:04 am
quote : #12
what a tard no offense. sense it wsa never released, you shouldn't have to pay!
rank 8
Posted:
Mon Aug 23, 2004 6:59 am
quote : #13
I did not buy it, my neighbor bought it, i have only played it...

Me
ultrapro
unknown
Posted:
Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:48 pm
quote : #14
surely his copy is merely a burned one such as mine, i merely printed the glorious pal cover art that was made for download and it looks genuine in my shelf just like prop arena and beats o rage. he was either taken for a ride or got his hands on an official copy, but then why would it not have the instructions? it was 100% ready for sale when it was canned, they even began selling the walkthrus for the dc version in this country.
Posted:
Mon Aug 23, 2004 1:17 pm
quote : #15
I'm pretty sure he got taken for a seriously expensive ride. For the uninformed, bootlegs on Ebay have become a serious problem. They are running rampant, and unfortunately, people are buying. I've seen a ton of bootlegs for Half Life, Propeller Arena, and typically hard to find routinely for sale on Ebay.

The only things to hit stores for Half-Life for Dreamcast were the strategy guides, and the paperboard promo boxes you see for upcoming titles at the retail game stores. Anyone saying they have a retail release version of the game is probably lying.

If someone did have an actual release version of Half Life for Dreamcast, it certainly wouldn' t sell for just $30-$50 on Ebay.

How are my little crackers doing today?