Topic: I just got Outtrigger

Page 1 of 1
Chile
rank 30
Posted:
Sat Aug 21, 2004 5:16 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
I just got this today and it has sweet gameplay and graphics!
rank 2
Posted:
Thu Sep 02, 2004 10:39 am
quote : #2
I really liked Outtrigger offline. The small levels made for some great fast paced fights (since it was orginally going to be an arcade game). It forced you to constantly shoot and find more ammo franticly. Online, the weapons had really bad delay when you'd shoot. Probably one of the reasons they added broadband.

Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Thu Sep 02, 2004 1:20 pm
quote : #3
Type: Pal
Dunno when u played Outtrigger online but when I first thought of getting it I was put off by reports from other UK players of horendous lag and delay. This would have been during the first 6 months or so that the game was out. When I got the game much later on I found hardly any trace of lag or delay at all. I know the people who said the server was laggy they arnt the kind of people to be wrong so either something was improved or maybe less numbers on the server helped. A similar thing happened to WWP the server was horendous when it first went up you couldent ever start a 4 player game it would always crash. However by my 2nd stint on WWP most of these problems seemed to have vanished.

Laters
Posted:
Thu Sep 02, 2004 1:21 pm
quote : #4
SINNED wrote:
Online, the weapons had really bad delay when you'd shoot. .

Cant real agree (only in a 6 ppl game U had 2 fight the lag). Im sure U are talking about the rocketlauncher.... but for me it looks like it was a part of the game. I mean evry gun works different with another cha. Try these girl rockets.... they shoot very fast but dont take real damage.

I think ppl talked about lag in OT coz the gameplay was completly different 2 quake or UT (not a joke..... I met UT gamers which owned me in UT, but in OT they died without a medal..... the first cent after loosing was - Hell is dat laggy)
Posted:
Wed Dec 22, 2004 8:12 pm
quote : #5
OT was and is an awesome game, offline, or online. I can only pray that it returns to being online though... Sad

I have only played or seen OT being played online twice, and I didn't notice any weapon firing delay in the game, so, I don't know how I can be much of a help. sorry!
Posted:
Tue Jan 04, 2005 5:13 pm
quote : #6
I havent ever played Outrigger online

-Aaron

3vilpinky
rank 7
Posted:
Fri Jan 07, 2005 3:51 am
quote : #7
outtrigger is a decent game. i beat it a long time ago and just stopped playing it. popped it in today and had a pretty good time. played it for about an hour. lack of weapons (3 per char) TINY maps and EXTREMELY DUMB AI do kind of draw back from the experience. but i must say i did have fun playing it. this game def has some amazing graphics. id like to try that ghetto networking thing nikon came up with. sounds cool.
Posted:
Fri Jan 07, 2005 1:16 pm
quote : #8
Type: NTSC-U
teh flame thrower was the only real weapon that was a pain online. multiplayer kicks mucho ass though. What ghetto netoworking thing are you talkin about?

3vilpinky
rank 7
Posted:
Fri Jan 07, 2005 4:06 pm
quote : #9
-OdDiTy- wrote:
teh flame thrower was the only real weapon that was a pain online. multiplayer kicks mucho ass though. What ghetto netoworking thing are you talkin about?

the thing where you have 2 pc monitors and a kmv splitter and split the screen to both monitors. then you put some cardboard or something over the other persons part on your screen. i think its a really cool idea. and actually i think he called it "psuedo network solution" but to me its just ghetto networking. which is cool. everything where i live is so ghetto, ima have to try this someday...
Posted:
Fri Jan 07, 2005 9:17 pm
quote : #10
Well...
What I can say about OT?
When I buy my DC (5 or 6 years ago, I think, my first online game was unreal tournament but I dont had a kb yet, sometime after I buyed a kb just for talk whit pple and I made some friends of whole world
sometime after I heared about a game called Outtrigger... , there I meet great friends like: grubensau, daman, nikkon, technofunck, mythos and a lot of others...
Well OT for me aren't just the coolest game of all times, theres I meet great friends too

I miss the meetings of the old outtrigger gang

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Sun Jan 09, 2005 12:18 am
quote : #11
Type: NTSC-U/C
Slayn wrote:
Well...
What I can say about OT?
When I buy my DC (5 or 6 years ago, I think, my first online game was unreal tournament but I dont had a kb yet, sometime after I buyed a kb just for talk whit pple and I made some friends of whole world
sometime after I heared about a game called Outtrigger... , there I meet great friends like: grubensau, daman, nikkon, technofunck, mythos and a lot of others...
Well OT for me aren't just the coolest game of all times, theres I meet great friends too

I miss the meetings of the old outtrigger gang

/me sheds a tear
In a lot of ways, this entire website started because of the commradery formed from those late night frag sessions on Outtrigger. Me wanting to emulate and keep alive, and even replicate that same feeling for other people.

I had so much fun playing on outtrigger. And it was a 2 sided coin. The gameplay, but also the chat interface was just awsome. It allowed us to really sit back and have some hardcore discussions about video games. It wasn't just playing games, it was socializing and talking about games in general. Some nights we would be up late into the night just talking about stuff. It was great.

Do you have Q3 slayn? sometime you me and grub need to setup a Q3 match together and hang out. It's been a while since I have had the chance to play against you. Razz

For people who don't know, slayn and grub were the first people I met when going online with Outtrigger on a fatefull saturday night. I signed online with a backup copy taking it online for the first time. They were startled to see me, another player online. This was really the start of everything. It happened in mid-febuary 2003. 2 months before this website originally launched.
Posted:
Wed Jan 19, 2005 11:00 pm
quote : #12
lordnikon wrote:

Do you have Q3 slayn? sometime you me and grub need to setup a Q3 match together and hang out. It's been a while since I have had the chance to play against you. Razz

Sure!.... could be cool
Long time I dont play and talk whit u and grub. How about this sunday (23/01) around 5pm? (my GMT is +3 but Im not sure, now is daylight saving here) notice.... I and my conection are the worst in Q3 Razz Mr. Green but is ever cool remember the old times .Could be great if daman and mythos join whit us too...

See U there Cool