Topic: I just got 4x4!

Page 1 of 2
aflyingcow
rank 15
Posted:
Tue Sep 30, 2003 3:00 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Wow, great game. Amazing graphics and nice gameplay.

Online play is very fun, playing with people that have it on PC's. New maps come out everyday!
If u guys are ever on, give me your nicknames!

Also, Quake 3 is still 31 bucks at ALL EBs I go to! Whats up with that!

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Tue Sep 30, 2003 4:00 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
Your playing 4x4 EVO from dreamcast correct? Also......whats this about new maps? You can download new maps to play? for dreamcast? or is that only for PC users that get to play new maps?

(i really need to get 4x4 evo)(badly.....)
Posted:
Tue Sep 30, 2003 4:17 pm
quote : #3
Nice avatar, good show...
But yeah, im on DC.. this is a DC forum right.....
PC users of the game have the ability to create maps and cars, but DC users can only play the maps. When a PC or DC maker makes a game and you dont have the map, the maker should give u a link to DL it.
You then go to the file tab (all of this is done in game) select download from a direct address, type in the map's direct download link, wham you got a map. It asks you to save, but just ignore it and you can play.
Its a great game... I found my copy for 10 bucks w/out original case or instructions.. but meh.

Laters

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Tue Sep 30, 2003 4:25 pm
quote : #4
(yes this is a dc forum hehe, as are all things here at oc hehe) But dude, WOWOWOW, i didn't know that the dreamcast version of 4x4 EVO had the ability to expand its gameplay liek that. That's really awsome! WHOOO i am psyched to get this game. i dind't know that game had just a robust online system to be able to add new maps that PC gamers created. Thats so badass.
Posted:
Tue Sep 30, 2003 5:01 pm
quote : #5
hah yeah i know
all these crazy maps come out all the time, big cliffs, bigger cliffs...
WE CAN START A CLAN!!!
You can even start your own chat room.... its pretty tight.

aflyingcow
rank 15
Posted:
Tue Sep 30, 2003 5:09 pm
quote : #6
Whats also real swank is that there are like 30 people playing.. right now! Many of them on DC! You can get about 50 or 60 on weekends at prime time!

The only problem with the game is the lag... sometimes when you hit other cars (only when you do this) you car goes absolutly crazy... pisses me off. But still, great game.

MasterChief
rank 25
Posted:
Wed Oct 01, 2003 2:41 am
quote : #7
i know! those rooms are PACKED. there are times i cant even get in to play. last time i was on it wouldnt let me d.l. any new tracks. hopefully that was just a fluke.

And hell yeah!! OC should totally start a clan!! well probably get stomped but hey, we have a CLAN MAN!!!

Now Playing: PS3 - Brutal Legend, 360 - Red Dead Redemption, Wii - MadWorld, DC - Dux
aflyingcow
rank 15
Posted:
Wed Oct 01, 2003 3:57 pm
quote : #8
Just got off some 4x4... its sooooo awesome! DLing maps couldn't be any easier... and the variety!
You can almost never see 2 people with the same truck and stats (there are like 30+ trucks!)

Yeah, a clan would be totally kick ass.... but we would need someone that has a BBA to idle there as much as possible.

I heard about the addition of a starlancer section on the site, which is cool. But why not add 4x4? There are loads of ppl playing, and its totaly customizable.... we can even host map files, and have people download them off here! Think about it!

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Wed Oct 01, 2003 5:21 pm
quote : #9
4x4 is just fine here in the Racing forum, which covers F355, 4x4 EVO and MSR(which i am still verifying but am confident swapping ghost racers works.).

Can't host map files, too much time to manage them, plus bandwidth concerns. Iw ill however attempt to archive and track donw as many as possible. So down the road if there is no other option to aquire the maps, THEN I will host them.
Posted:
Wed Oct 01, 2003 6:11 pm
quote : #10
omg you can play maps made by pc players omg! Im going to buy this game very soon sounds very cool

aflyingcow
rank 15
Posted:
Thu Oct 02, 2003 1:45 pm
quote : #11
Its really fun... some maps are just so strange Shocked

Michael
rank 7
Posted:
Sun Oct 12, 2003 1:58 am
quote : #12
How much does this game go for? because I might be intrested in buying it
Posted:
Sun Oct 12, 2003 9:48 am
quote : #13
Well, I got mine for about 15 bucks CAD, without original CD case or manual. But who cares, its a great game.

Michael
rank 7
Posted:
Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:36 pm
quote : #14
any of you guys try the sequel? 8x8
Posted:
Mon Oct 13, 2003 8:11 pm
quote : #15
nope .. never know there was one