profile : pm
Where do i get a new seriel number to play online or get mine reset

SoldierBlade
rank 14
Posted:
Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:45 pm
quote : #2
You will have to call or email Sega of Europe and request a new serial and access key. Afaik, your gonna need to tell them your original key to get a new one. They will physically send you a new one in the mail.
Posted:
Thu Oct 07, 2004 7:42 pm
quote : #3
SoldierBlade wrote:
You will have to call or email Sega of Europe and request a new serial and access key. Afaik, your gonna need to tell them your original key to get a new one. They will physically send you a new one in the mail.

Fuck... what about US gamers...

Mir_wan
rank 7
Posted:
Fri Oct 08, 2004 5:23 am
quote : #4
will they send it to US

DreamcastMagic
banned!
Posted:
Fri Oct 08, 2004 1:42 pm
quote : #5
Mir_wan wrote:
will they send it to US

Really? sweet!

SoldierBlade
rank 14
Posted:
Fri Oct 08, 2004 2:50 pm
quote : #6
DreamcastMagic wrote:
Mir_wan wrote:
will they send it to US

Really? sweet!

Dude, I think he was asking not making a declaration. hehe As far as I know, they will, but you might have to use a bit of "social engineering". Last I heard from sgrande99 (who is currrently going through all this crap), they have sent him a new serial and access key, but there is a little trick he used. He told them he was living in the UK when he purchsed the game and has since moved to the US. Of course this is bull since he has been in NJ for a very long time, if not his entire life. LOL Now the horrific problem is...since they arent resetting serials anymore, and since your character(s) are permanatly linked to your old serial, even when you get a new serial your chars will be dead everywhere except those servers we cant talk about here. So in recap, if this happens to you, your SOL if you dont want to start from scratch and only want to play on official Sega servers. Sad I fear that the end is near and this is their way of gently lowering the nubers of players until they would piss off as few people as possible when they take it down. Makes logical sense anyway. Just my take on the matter.
Posted:
Fri Oct 08, 2004 5:41 pm
quote : #7
SoldierBlade wrote:
DreamcastMagic wrote:
Mir_wan wrote:
will they send it to US

Really? sweet!

Dude, I think he was asking not making a declaration. hehe As far as I know, they will, but you might have to use a bit of "social engineering". Last I heard from sgrande99 (who is currrently going through all this crap), they have sent him a new serial and access key, but there is a little trick he used. He told them he was living in the UK when he purchsed the game and has since moved to the US. Of course this is bull since he has been in NJ for a very long time, if not his entire life. LOL Now the horrific problem is...since they arent resetting serials anymore, and since your character(s) are permanatly linked to your old serial, even when you get a new serial your chars will be dead everywhere except those servers we cant talk about here. So in recap, if this happens to you, your SOL if you dont want to start from scratch and only want to play on official Sega servers. Sad I fear that the end is near and this is their way of gently lowering the nubers of players until they would piss off as few people as possible when they take it down. Makes logical sense anyway. Just my take on the matter.

ahh your right Embarassed ... I need to get some more sleep Smile . I was thinking the same thing about everything else you said, troubling

Mir_wan
rank 7
Posted:
Fri Oct 08, 2004 10:14 pm
quote : #8
whoa sweet mine worked with out havingto do anything to it.. it was the one that came with the game

SoldierBlade
rank 14
Posted:
Sun Oct 10, 2004 11:33 am
quote : #9
But did you use that on the same dreamcast you had it registered with before?
Posted:
Sun Oct 10, 2004 12:29 pm
quote : #10
When and why did they stop resetting serials. They used to do it and youd be set to go in under 24 hours, and were grt about why. why go throug the ocmpletcated process of sending through the mail?

DreamcastMagic
banned!
Posted:
Sun Oct 10, 2004 5:34 pm
quote : #11
Chris5687 wrote:
When and why did they stop resetting serials. They used to do it and youd be set to go in under 24 hours, and were grt about why. why go throug the ocmpletcated process of sending through the mail?

You know... this can't be a sign of the ending of PSO. Because not only does it take more time type of a letter but also send it and pay for the shipping of it. Im guessing this has something to do with the fact that all this server serial resetting involved Sega of Japan.

jhorto1
unknown
Posted:
Sun Oct 10, 2004 8:08 pm
quote : #12
I had mine reset about three months ago, but my friend tried to have his reset last week and they sent him a completely new one in the mail (to the U.S. using the same trick).

So I guess it's true, they aren't resetting. Hope my DC lasts a little longer. It's taking a long time to load my character and the music is starting to skip. Sad
banned!
Posted:
Sun Oct 10, 2004 8:58 pm
quote : #13
going from US V1 to UK V2 the char loading time jumps... I also noticed the high lvl your char is the longer it takes..

runamok*77*
rank 4
Posted:
Sun Oct 10, 2004 9:36 pm
quote : #14
Sad
Though I am going to be on PS2 online soon, this news is depressing.
Posted:
Fri Oct 15, 2004 4:11 pm
quote : #15
jhorto1 wrote:
Hope my DC lasts a little longer. It's taking a long time to load my character and the music is starting to skip. Sad

Is it true that DCs just die out over time w/ regular play? I've had 2 DCs just go out on me over a period of time, and was wondering if this is the case with all DCs...

Never had the problem with any other console, so it's pretty gay that a system as great and rare as DC would just die on you...