1, 2, 3, 4  Next
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Fri Aug 27, 2004 3:03 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
I should have thought of this a long time ago. Heck I should have been doing it last summer, but I just didn't think of it at the time. Either that or I was too overwhelmed researching other stuff that had to be researched at the time. Here at the site there will be a new gallery added to the screenshots area titled 'Game Lobby Screens'. It will feature screenshots of the interfaces for lobby and chat functions for dreamcast online games. Many Dreamcast games will never make it back online again. So even seeing these screens is a blessing. Especially for gamers that never got to play these games online in the first place.

For instance I never had the pleasure of playing Alien Front Online, so I don't know what the lobby and game creation screens even looked like.

Care to donate some of your spare time to look for screenshots on the net? This would help out the Dreamcast Online community immensly.

So far I have found some shots for Unreal Tournament, Quake 3 Arena(showing actual seganet servers in the list), Speed Devils Online(found at IGN), Daytona USA in-game chat(found at IGN), Chu Chu Rocket online screens(all of them from login to room creation to pm chat). And I also have reg user Blast's dreameye photo of BMO in the lobby chat....which is the only color bmo lobby shot I can find so far.

Some game manuals have small black and white thumbnails. I will be scanning these in at high rezolution. Touching up the images, and even adding color to them as well. (Can you say...pain in the ass?)

I would also like to point out that the JAN 2001 ODM demo disc Volume 10, features a Demo for POD Speedzone. When one goes to the network function in the demo it plays a FULL video of the online process. Showing you the game lobbies, chat screens, creation methods, etc etc. Talk about kick ass. Hell I never got to see this game online before, so it was really awsome to watch. I will be adding this on the website in a compatible format for dreamcast and pc surfers.

Also I was able to rip the BMO lobby music from the game and will be putting that MP3 up on the site as well. Some havn't heard that music in over a year, so it will be nice to play it and go 'ahhhh the memories'.

So if you want to help donate to the cause. Start searching the net and see what you can dig up. We are looking for anything related to online interface menus such as:

Chat Screens
Game Lobbies
Create/Join menus
Server Lists
and any others you can think of

This goes for any online game that is currently online, or was once online in the past.

Post where you are searching and any links you find. I will be touching up the images I currently have and putting the gallery up soon for all to see. As well as adding any new images that users find.

Last edited by lordnikon on Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:26 am; edited 4 times in total
Posted:
Fri Aug 27, 2004 8:22 am
quote : #2
Type: Pal
I guess I can help out by doing some Dreameye shots of PBA bowling 2001 as Im on a lot of the time Smile . I already did some in game shots but havent had time to view them yet to see if they are any good.

A while back someone posted a ton of Planetring pictures on the forum, not sure what the topic was called but was either planetring or Mic games something like that. Planetring is of course no longer online but by trying to connect online you get disconnected and there is actauly a disconnecting screen with picture. Picture is of a female charector stood in a spot light head hung obviously meaning to look sad. I can get a dremeye picture of that if you want.

Connecting to WWP still gives a blank sheet of the online lobbies so I could also dreameye that too.

Let me know which of these you would like. Mya tk me a little while to get them all gota clear roomon the dreameye and convert all the pictures.

Laters
Posted:
Fri Aug 27, 2004 9:48 am
quote : #3
Yea word Blast, whatever you wanna do is kool with me. People can contibute however they want.

Interestingly enough. I managed to find PAL Q3 screens of the game online and in the lobby. Weird find. I could have SWORN I had a larger clear lobby shot of bomberman online. But i think my mind is playing tricks on me.
Posted:
Fri Aug 27, 2004 3:12 pm
quote : #4
i was thinking about this a while back. thinks for doing this nikon!
rank 15
Posted:
Fri Aug 27, 2004 3:24 pm
quote : #5
Great idea, Ben. Smile I'm on it.
Posted:
Tue Aug 31, 2004 5:12 pm
quote : #6
what about sonic adventure 2? would u like me to get pics of the screen to join the boards?
Posted:
Wed Sep 01, 2004 12:32 pm
quote : #7
Possibly the only one in excistence is this live picture i took
while taking a rest playing my favourite online game ever
on any console - monaco racing simulation 2 online on the dreamcast
It shows the lobby chat screens typed in by keyboard
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v413/BBRWITA/Picture010.jpg

Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Wed Sep 01, 2004 1:27 pm
quote : #8
Type: Pal
BBR WITA wrote:
Possibly the only one in excistence is this live picture i took
while taking a rest playing my favourite online game ever
on any console - monaco racing simulation 2 online on the dreamcast
It shows the lobby chat screens typed in by keyboard
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v413/BBRWITA/Picture010.jpg

Hey nice work thats gota be a rare one. At least we now got the lobby picture, thanks.

Laters
Posted:
Wed Sep 01, 2004 2:22 pm
quote : #9
BBR WITA wow thanks so much for the contribution. So unexcpected. You are so right! This image probobly is the only one in existance. And I never got to see that game online in my life, thank you so much for posting this.

This is gonna turn out to be a realy well featured set of lobby shots.

I took both Bomberman Online and Outtrigger's manuals. I scanned them in at 600 dpi. You can see the dots hehheheh. I am working on restoring them as best I can. Adding color and clearing them up enough to where they look decent. I already did this with outtrigger's scans and it looks pretty good. Taking a little time....but looks very viewable non-the-less.

What has been really hard is removing the IGN watermark from these daytona lobby shots. One covers the entire lower area of the keyboard.....imagine trying to completly edit out IGN's watermark when it is plastered over the onscreen keyboard. Took me 2 hours Confused

I should have these up in the next 24 hours. I am contemplating wether to put these in an editorial, or to make a new screenshot section, or to even make a new section in the content database called 'Game Lobby's' and add give each game their own page. I think i'll sleep on it and decide when I wake up :]
Posted:
Wed Sep 01, 2004 2:57 pm
quote : #10
take your time. its best not to rush these things
unknown
Posted:
Wed Sep 01, 2004 3:45 pm
quote : #11
i've got tons of pics from PSO, and 3-4 vids of boss battles, all taken by idrepublix.

i also have some shots of Sakura Taisen Online idrepublix also took while we were in there the other day.

and i have Netlink for sega saturn shots, and probably some other stuff somewhere.

however, most of the videos are atleast 100mb, usually more.

Last edited by Chris5687 on Mon Nov 29, 2004 10:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

Chile
rank 30
Posted:
Wed Sep 01, 2004 4:30 pm
quote : #12
maybe get some cool ISAO or ISO game pics
rank 87
Posted:
Thu Sep 02, 2004 4:38 am
quote : #13
Well I am searching my ass off, taking a lot of time...but goddamnit....ITS WORTH IT!

http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20010926/otdc04.jpg

^^^^ OUTTRIGGER very large JP lobby pic Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

*nikon dances*
Posted:
Thu Sep 02, 2004 5:54 am
quote : #14
Yay! Is that what US servers look like?
rank 87
Posted:
Thu Sep 02, 2004 10:03 am
quote : #15
But yea that is how the US server looked. Cept with english of course. I spent about 4 hours a week on there atleast all during spring of 2003. Fun times. So glad I found the picture.