Page 1 of 1
anti_flag_army
rank 6
Posted:
Mon Sep 06, 2004 10:59 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U
i have tried to search the fourms but didnt find what i was looking for, so im asking now. First, i heard that the VCD player hurts your dreamcast, is this tru? cuz if it is im not even going to bother with getting 1. Next i have seen them for sale, and they come with some add-on, whats this for? and do i need it to use the VCD or can i just DL a vcd player and burn it and then play them? it would be great if i could get these answers, thanks

grubensau
rank 40
Posted:
Tue Sep 07, 2004 9:26 am
quote : #2
anti_flag_army wrote:
First, i heard that the VCD player hurts your dreamcast, is this tru?

Diffrent 2 a game a VCD needs fast spinning and spinning (the VCD doesnt stopp). Means u laser is working very hard. That could damage u DC after a long time.

anti_flag_army wrote:
Next i have seen them for sale, and they come with some add-on, whats this for?

The add-on is like a controlpannel for TVs. U are able 2 stop, reward, backward, and so on u VCD. Very comfortable.

anti_flag_army wrote:
and do i need it to use the VCD or can i just DL a vcd player and burn it and then play them? it would be great if i could get these answers, thanks

A burned VCD player software is enough and should work.
Posted:
Thu Sep 09, 2004 6:59 pm
quote : #3
The VCD player you can download is the worst piece of DC software out there. It's not worth the CD you'll be burning it on.

The good commercial VCD player works outstandingly well. The expander it comes with allows the remote to work. You have to have this piece, the software will not work without it, and is always bundled with it. This keeps it from being downloaded. Only buy this bundle, they should have some at lik sang. The MP3 support is a bit dodgy, don't buy it for that, and it DOES NOT play SVCD's, don't listen to what the advertisement says.

I don' really think using the DC as a VCD player is any more intensive on your Dreamcast than playing games.

I should know, I was behind the first one, and the second one looks good!
lozz
rank 41
Posted:
Wed Sep 14, 2005 1:08 pm
quote : #4
Type: PAL
hey, i got the player with remote and it wont boot my mp3 disk!!
What better time than now

All hell can't stop us now
icebryce
rank 3
Posted:
Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:35 am
quote : #5
surprise!!!! He told you so.