Page 1 of 1
jhorto1
unknown
Posted:
Fri Sep 10, 2004 3:14 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Does anyone have this game?

I have it for the xbox and it seemed to be a mediocre game. I'm thinking of trying the Dreamcast version, but wondered if they added anything since it came out later.
unknown
Posted:
Fri Sep 10, 2004 5:33 pm
quote : #2
i have it and thought it was an excellent game for dreamcast, not as good as psyvariar 2 or ikaruga or borderdown but a worthy addition to my collection. great graphics and modes, several characters with different moves and it has good music and special effects. 89% from me out of 100. but then again ikaruga gets like 200%!!!
Posted:
Fri Sep 10, 2004 9:19 pm
quote : #3
I personally like it a whole lot; I know that it's my only two-player shooting game at the moment, but, all of the different modes and characters are great, in my opinion. I like being a "little dude flying through the air and blasting stuff," also... Ships are cool, but they can be a little sterile, sometimes.

If you like shooters (but aren't an arrogant extremist), then I would say to go for it. Good luck, too, since it seems to have been a very limited run, and there aren't many new (or otherwise) copies of the game out there these days! I was going to buy a second non-limited edition, so that I could bring it around and not worry so much about keeping it in pristine condition, but, I can't seem to find one anywhere...

Coincidentally, I was playing this game some five-ten minutes ago, but I wanted to ask someone something -- Does anyone know how to turn free play off?! I was playing with a friend the other day, and I saw this icon with a guy's face on it in the top right corner, and I was just messing around so I flew up to it while my friend was doing the shoosting, and somehow after that, free play was on. I quit because it was stupid, but my friend stupidly wanted to "see what happens" so I inadvertantly (and undeservedly) saw the end of the game. I was upset. If anyone has an idea of how to switch it back to three or five credits or whatever, without deleting the save file, then I would be grateful evermore... Embarassed

(I suppose that I'll revisit Psyvariar 2, until I get this sorted out... )