Previous  1, 2, 3
Pryonic
rank 5
Posted:
Wed Aug 17, 2005 11:47 pm
quote : #31
profile : pm
yes masterchief we 'll need your help

coz i can't find any official copie of aerodancing I (DC )

you could try to connect aerodancing I to an internet game , using a BBA to see if the game detects the BBA ,
or if like F355 it only tries to dial on the phone line ... ( that will mean we're F....ed )

also the biggest problem is to find a copie of aerodancing I (PC ) for windows

tks for the links dwachill , ( i already downloaded the pacthes )
Posted:
Thu Aug 18, 2005 2:31 am
quote : #32
MasterChief wrote:
i have official copies of both F and I, plus 2 BBAs if anyone needs me.

Excellent!

Can you go online with your Dreamcast and a web browser?

If your Dreamcast is set up go online,would you mind putting in your copy of Aerodancing i,select 'Internet Battle',and tell us what happens.

And have you ever played either version online before?
Posted:
Thu Aug 18, 2005 10:03 am
quote : #33
Type: NTSC-U/C
Pryonic wrote:
i have to say that i disagree with you lordnikon Rolling Eyes

ok... Neutral

Pryonic wrote:
first because aerodancing (I) is meant to be (Internet compatible)

Yea...I know the game had internet capabilities. So what?

So does Alien Front Online, Ooga Booga, and Worms World Party.

Pryonic wrote:
(the thing is that i don't know yet if it supports BBA, and that could be the major problem)

Yes it does support the BBA.

Pryonic wrote:
if i follow your idea , why do i need to run PC version of Quake3 as a server to play Quake3 on LAN with my DC's

You answer your own question...

Pryonic wrote:
none of the DC's will run as a host

Pryonic wrote:
why couldn't it be the same with aerodancing i

Aero Dancing i doesn't have dedicated server software available. More importantly, it doesn't have the capability to connect to anything outside of the master list ran by CRI. So...no master list...no online gaming. Its as simple as that.

The only thing people should be looking for is if Aero Dancing i has a direct ip function, which I don't believe it does. Anyone I have known who has tried to get online with this game just get an error. And thats it. Just like every other Dreamcast Online game that is no longer online.
Posted:
Thu Aug 18, 2005 10:30 am
quote : #34
well i'm not sure we're thinking the same direction

I KNOW that DC's won't run as a host !!!

and so :

if Quake3 (PC) can host games for DC players

why aerodancing I cannot do the same ......(one more thing i don't lnow yet )
run aerodancing I (PC) as server for DC players
mostly if it's specified on the game that it's DC player compatible !!!!

how do you know that PC version of aerodancing I cannot be ran as a server !!! ?
do you have any information about this game that i don't ?

anyway ...

probably i'm too optimistic

i will soon be able to try it , and i'll see

Confused
Posted:
Thu Aug 18, 2005 10:45 am
quote : #35
It doesn't matter if you had the full server software, and then some. Unless you can actually select which IP address to look on for the master server, you're going to NEED a master list responsible for corralling all of the available servers and making a sort of directory that the DC needs to look-up to find the servers. Without the master list, the DC's dead in the water.

So whether or not the PC version can run a dedicated server should be the least of your concerns.

- Dreamcast �

Last edited by Dreamcast ™ on Thu May 14, 2015 6:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

MasterChief
rank 25
Posted:
Sun Aug 21, 2005 2:28 pm
quote : #36
i contacted yakumo over at segagagadomain and in his message he didnt mention any ip to ip capability, or any other special method that circumvents a master list.. he just sayed he was unable to test it. and in my experiance it is best not to pester someone.

i havent been home much lately, so i have been unable to test it personally. but all can rest almost assured its offline forever.

Now Playing: PS3 - Brutal Legend, 360 - Red Dead Redemption, Wii - MadWorld, DC - Dux
Tank
rank 6
Posted:
Sun Aug 21, 2005 4:22 pm
quote : #37
Thanks for giving it a shot.

It was segagagadomain that got me thinking Aero Dancing i might be playable online:

kingofgrills wrote:
check out Yakumo's site, www.segagagadomain.com , He's got information and pictures of just about every Japanese Dreamcast release, so I went to check out the Aero Dancing series. One of the titles, "Aero Dancing i Jikai Saku Made Matemasen" had a startling caption under it. The caption says the following:

The final Aero Dancing game for the Dreamcast and it's following on in the family histoy of being a special edition. This game actually translates as Aero Dancing I can't wait for the next. A very strange title indeed. Aero Dancing i Jikai saku Made matemasen is all that the original Aero Dancing i was but with loads of extras plus VMU data for all of the other Aero Dancing games. Aero Dancing i allows up to 4 plays to battle it out in the skies in a massive dog fight and best of all the game uses no special server so it will always be on-line and is even broadband compatible.!! Apart from the dog fights there are missions and so on as well as performing some amazing aerobatics. Defiantly the best Aero Dancing in the series

I wonder if Yakumo wrote that part about always being online.
Posted:
Sun Aug 21, 2005 9:51 pm
quote : #38
yes, as far as i know yakumo is the lone contributor to that site. heres exactly what he emailed me:

Quote:
Hello,

I'm happy that you enjoy my site. I had a look to see if Areo Dancing i was still on line but my Dreamcast BBA is with a friend at the moment so I can't check. I don't have a dial up connection either so the BBA is the only way I can check.

Sorry.

i i thought that perhaps he heard of a way of hosting without the need of a master list. but im pretty sure he would have mentoined it in his email. and i dont want the pester a person that may be buisy. i try to take into account how life can catch up with anyone at any time.

none of my dreamcasts are hooked up right now, but ill try it ADi on the BBA by the nights end, just dont hold your breath.

Posted Sun Aug 21, 2005 11:04 pm:

no dice fellas. unless theres a trick im not able to do were SOL.

Now Playing: PS3 - Brutal Legend, 360 - Red Dead Redemption, Wii - MadWorld, DC - Dux
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Mon Aug 22, 2005 1:22 am
quote : #39
MasterChief wrote:
i try to take into account how life can catch up with anyone at any time.

So damn true
Posted:
Mon Aug 22, 2005 2:58 am
quote : #40
so at the end ,

is there still a hope that ,DC's using BBA could link a PC running aerodancing I as local server ?
Posted:
Wed Aug 24, 2005 9:59 pm
quote : #41
is there anyone to contact the company and ask for the master list software to emulate it?