Topic: Newer Dreamcast Models..

Page 1 of 1
Mir_wan
rank 7
Posted:
Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:46 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
I have the older model of the dc which is NTCS-U. i can not play sonic adventure t2on it because it is a multiregion game? so i guess im goin to look for a new dreamcast model...I need to get a newer one which is a NTCS-1 or NTCS-2 to play it,,,

Just to make sure im right does anyone play sonic adventure 2 on a NTCS_U model?

And are there any other dreamcast game like this?

icepick
rank 13
Posted:
Thu Sep 16, 2004 12:51 am
quote : #2
I think that there is "NTSC U/C," "PAL," and "NTSC J." If your Sonic Advenure 2 is not in the same format as your DC, then, you will have difficulty playing it. If Sonic Adventure 2 is the only game with which you have problems, then, I might suggest buying another of the game instead of searching down an "NTSC-1" or "NTSC-2" DC, since I'm pretty certain that those do not exist. Cool

I've played Sonic Adventure 2 on my NTSC U DC for quite some time. Where did you get your Sonic Adventure 2?
Mir_wan
rank 7
Posted:
Thu Sep 16, 2004 5:15 am
quote : #3
I just got my version of sonic adventure. It was used.

I was goin to get another dc because they are only around 15 where sonic adventure 2 is 25 at the chapest.

icepick
rank 13
Posted:
Thu Sep 16, 2004 1:01 pm
quote : #4
You probably don't have the case, but if you did, you could check the back to see if it is indeed for NTSC U or something else. I'm guessing that your Sonic Adventure 2 is simply scratched (or resurfaced) and thus is not working properly. Sonic Adventure 2 is not a multiregion game, and, I can't say that I can think of any DC games that are (unless they are pirated).

In my opinion, having a second DC is hardly a bad thing, though. I say go for it... If the game doesn't work in the second one either, then, you'll have to hold off until you find another game for cheap. If you have a Gameshark or Utopia or something, then, you could buy the Sonic 10th Birthday Pack from somewhere for around $10 -- It includes a music CD, a history booklet, a commemorative coin, and the full Japanese version of Sonic Adventure 2, which can be fully switched to English (from what I've heard). Good luck!
Mir_wan
rank 7
Posted:
Thu Sep 16, 2004 2:47 pm
quote : #5
the version i have is the 10th aniversity edition.. it is NTCS version and i have the case and everything.

Tao
rank 15
Posted:
Thu Sep 16, 2004 3:30 pm
quote : #6
Mir_wan wrote:
the version i have is the 10th aniversity edition.. it is NTCS version and i have the case and everything.

The 10th anniversary edition is in NTSC-J format. You need a boot disk to play it.
Posted:
Thu Sep 16, 2004 8:45 pm
quote : #7
i know about game shark.. any other easy way to get a boot disk like download em

icepick
rank 13
Posted:
Thu Sep 16, 2004 11:07 pm
quote : #8
This thing would serve you well, as it is particularly for loading imports and is on a professionally-pressed CD-ROM, which would likely be a better thing to put into your DC than a CD-R. At least, that's what I would prefer... You're probably going to think "but that's too much of a hassle," as I did, when I had AOL and couldn't play games online. I set up too many mental blocks on my own, too many self-imposed limitations... Had I simply talked with my parents about switching to a different ISP, I could potentially have been "Quakematching" much earlier than I did. Cool

If you can't get it yourself, maybe you could ask a relative to get it for you, and then pay them back... It'll be worth it! I'm personally modifying DCs for at least three friends in the neighborhood so that they can simply "put it in and play." All they're doing is giving me $10, and waiving any possibly botched jobs (though I should be able to pull it off well enough). Good stuff, I'm telling you...

PS- Sonic Adventure 2 rocks. I remember when I started it up for the first time... A little different if you're used to the first Sonic Adventure, but, you'll get into the groove in no time.
Mir_wan
rank 7
Posted:
Fri Sep 17, 2004 8:13 am
quote : #9
yeah ok i will check it out..... I owned sonic adventure 1 since i got my dc.. i got rid of it and now i have it back..

i did play sonic adventure 2 at EB back in the dreamcast days.