Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Dreamcast â„¢
rank 39
Posted:
Sun Aug 06, 2006 12:43 am
quote : #16
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Yeah. If you ever have to choose between Parcel Post and 1st class, always go with 1st class. The difference is usually measured in weeks.

Stonefreeze
unknown
Posted:
Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:32 am
quote : #17
How's the stick? Any confirmations on these tests? After playing some Quake 3 and Half-Life, I'm curious to see if there's a viable option the mouse/keyboard setup, since I'm not a big fan of it.

kingofgrills
rank 33
Posted:
Sun Aug 20, 2006 3:50 pm
quote : #18
Sorry for the delay reporting back on how the stick responds. I've been out of town for a couple of weeks, so I haven't had a chance to use it to much. Here's what I've found so far:

Propeller Arena: The game works very well with the mission stick. The planes are very controllable but not overresponsive with the stick, which was my initial fear. The flexibility of the button mapping makes setup a breeze. I didn't have a chance to spend much time on PA, so I'll need to do that to get used to the control scheme. So far though, it seems very promising.

Starlancer: Based on Nikon's recommendation, I tried out Starlancer with the stick, and it provides an absolutely phenomenal experience. If I didn't know any better, I would say the game was designed with Starlancer in mind. I mapped primary guns to the thumb trigger # 3, missle lock to button #1 for the middle finger, and missile firing was left to my index finger on button #2. With throttle and break handled by my left hand, that worked perfectly. It felt like that mammoth sleek console was indeed my ship's control panel, and that made it all worth it. If you're a Starlancer fan, this is a serious controller to check out.

I haven't had a chance to try anything else yet. Now that I'm back in town, I can try it with more games. I'll report back on what I find. If anyone has any requests, just let me know.

How are my little crackers doing today?
TTS
rank 13
Posted:
Sun Aug 20, 2006 3:54 pm
quote : #19
Soul Calibur perhaps?
Posted:
Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:26 pm
quote : #20
Haha nice one TTS. Fighting games with the Mission Stick? That would be brutal.

(but hey people did try playing soul calibure with the fishing controller)
Posted:
Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:49 pm
quote : #21
I've used the fishing controller with Soul Calibur several times, and for whatever reason, it can hand out some pretty viscious attacks. I don't know how I did it, but I pulled off combos I never could with an arcade stick. Anyway, an EB Games dude told me to try it, and I thought he was yankin' my chain.

Anyway, apologies again for being away for a bit. I had a bit of surgery to contend with last week, so I've been off my feet for a while. I haven't had a chance to try the mission stick with anything new yet, but I'm really itching to do it. Hopefully, I'll have something new to report soon. Any requests from anyone?

Oh, and I'll pop in Soul Calibur to see what happens too. I might just pull out the fishing controller too.

lozz
rank 41
Posted:
Wed Aug 30, 2006 3:06 am
quote : #22
Type: PAL
Hey i have a couple of requests Very Happy , Would you please try aerowings/aerowings 2 (or aerodancing) with it. thanks, lozz.
What better time than now

All hell can't stop us now
Dreamcast â„¢
rank 39
Posted:
Wed Aug 30, 2006 3:16 am
quote : #23
I hope you get better soon, KG. I'll be looking forward to hearing how the controller works out. Very Happy

grubensau
rank 40
Posted:
Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:20 am
quote : #24
lozz wrote:
Hey i have a couple of requests Very Happy , Would you please try aerowings/aerowings 2 (or aerodancing) with it. thanks, lozz.
No testing needed - this is what the stick was made for. I personal tested the stick only with starlancer - if you realy like lozz I can give aero dancing a shoot 2 8but it should work without a prob).

The stick has only 2x probs. 1.) its so so so big 2.) it seems that the stick is made for small hands - Im not able 2 find a perfect position with my right hand
Posted:
Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:24 am
quote : #25
see what you guys have now done!

I am going to end up getting one of these now Laughing (if i can find one)
If its big, but made for little hands that suits me Smile .

Oh how pleased by mother will be, some more junk to fill my room with.
She went crazy when my "mini" arcade duel sticks came through "wtf are those" "oh these are just the big heavy pink and green arcade sticks i ordered from japan, they wil look nice under the TV belive me"

If it works well with starlancer that is a good enough exuse for me Very Happy
What better time than now

All hell can't stop us now
kingofgrills
rank 33
Posted:
Tue Sep 12, 2006 1:12 am
quote : #26
Dreamcast ™ wrote:
I hope you get better soon, KG. I'll be looking forward to hearing how the controller works out. Very Happy

Thanks, man. I greatly appreciate it. I'm getting back to being more normal everyday.

As for the size of the mission stick, I love the fact that it's freakin' huge. It's like having a command station in front of me, which I really think adds to the experience. As for the stick being small, I found it to be workable. I'm 6'3" and can palm a basketball, and I had no problem with the stick.

*sigh* I still haven't been able to use it at all lately. I'm out of town and won't be back until Sunday.

cApNhOwDy
rank 2
Posted:
Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:32 am
quote : #27
Could you try using it with Shenmue and let me know how the controls work with it? I'm asking out of curiosity, because I've been wanting a controller for Shenmue that could let me easily look around while I walk.

Heck, this controller's cheap on eBay, but it's the shipping that kills you Shocked
Posted:
Sat Sep 23, 2006 1:29 pm
quote : #28
How the hell do you use that ugly-ass controller?
mcmonkey
rank 44
Posted:
Sat Sep 23, 2006 2:14 pm
quote : #29
TheOneFreeman wrote:
How the hell do you use that ugly-ass controller?

with your hands *bad'um tish*
rank 8
Posted:
Sat Sep 23, 2006 5:47 pm
quote : #30
mcmonkey wrote:

with your hands *bad'um tish*

Of course you use your hands I'm not a freakin retard