Page Location: Home > Dreamcast Lounge > Topic
essej
rank 7
Posted:
Sat Oct 02, 2004 7:04 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
okay, so. i picked this up for a couple of bucks a while back and played it through a little bit before becoming very, very frustrated.

has anyone played this game? near as i can tell, it's absolutely crucial and necessary to go through the game many, many times to discover the static and unchanging locations of all the traps because you don't have anywhere NEAR enough energy to detect all the traps that you'll encounter.

let me rephrase that for emphasis.

you cannot get through this without restarting over and over again, because you are never given enough energy to explore the game fully. you must know the location of whichever specific traps you feel you need to disarm to advance before encountering them. if you at any point try to detect a trap and find nothing, you are damning yourself to having to start over. for probably the 50th time, i'd like to add.

is this how the game is supposed to be, or am i missing something crucial?

Chile
rank 30
Posted:
Sat Oct 02, 2004 7:38 pm
quote : #2
wow. thanks for sving me money man. Seriously, I was going to buy this for $10 today at the mall.
rank 7
Posted:
Sat Oct 02, 2004 7:45 pm
quote : #3
i feel like there's a great game in there, somewhere. i just can't help but shake the feeling that this couldn't possibly be the game. i MUST be missing something, y'know?

Posted Sat Oct 02, 2004 9:58 pm:

i would like to correct something i said earlier :

i just found a copy of the manual on replacementdocs.com, and the manual clearly states that the position of traps, items, and enemies is randomized every time you start a new game.

so i guess i can gripe less about one small aspect of this otherwise completely frustrating game.

still, though, if anyone can offer any advice on how to make this thing playable, i am ALL EARS.

Excalibur007
rank 7
Posted:
Mon Oct 04, 2004 10:11 pm
quote : #4
It's a pretty good game. I got quite a ways into it but never played enough to finish. You have to read the instruction manual thoroughly tho. Othetwise you'll be completely lost.
You gain points that the scanner uses when you discover a trap without springing it, so you don't run out of scanner points if you don't waste them. You just have to go pick up the points at the trap after discovering it to get them. If you use the scanner to just avoid traps, you'll run out of energy pretty quick.

-Ex