Page 1 of 3
beatdown
rank 11
Posted:
Wed Oct 06, 2004 8:23 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U
I am sad that I never got to go online and play DC games back in the day when Seganet was in its prime... Crying or Very sad
Posted:
Wed Oct 06, 2004 8:29 pm
quote : #2
ok, so is everyone here that wan't able to, like me Sad
rank 21
Posted:
Wed Oct 06, 2004 9:17 pm
quote : #3
i missed it too :[ the first game i played online was UT in june 2003 and there was 1 server, but it was fun so i was like I NEED TO PLAY MORE so i went to the sega forums and was like sup n00bs and they were like hey and i asked for a list of online games and there like d00d onlineconsoles so i was like whoa cool screw sega forums :P
Posted:
Thu Oct 07, 2004 1:52 am
quote : #4
while i was a fan of the dreamcast from day one in the uk and played nearly all the titles that were online in the country but never had the access or knowledge to play american games online. major pissing
Posted:
Thu Oct 07, 2004 2:44 am
quote : #5
I was in the process of moving when Seganet was taking offline. I was like OMG..WTF! when I found out. I was rather depressed.

mcmonkey
rank 44
Posted:
Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:20 am
quote : #6
Type: PAL
what i want to know is whats stopin people from bringin em back online but then i realise that most of the people who want to bring em back online dont have the training or the expertees to bring em back online. oh well
rank 13
Posted:
Thu Oct 07, 2004 5:37 am
quote : #7
mcmonkey wrote:
what i want to know is whats stopin people from bringin em back online but then i realise that most of the people who want to bring em back online dont have the training or the expertees to bring em back online. oh well

Money...you got to have lots of money. lol

kingofgrills
rank 33
Posted:
Thu Oct 07, 2004 3:10 pm
quote : #8
Unfortunately, I bought my Dreamcast for Christmas, 2001, which was well after Sega's announcement came out. At that time, I only had an AOL dialup connection, and I couldn't find a way to make it compatible with Dreamcast, so I was SOL. I didn't find any compatible free ISPs until I joined this board, so although I've enjoyed playing all of the current online Dreamcast games, I never got to participate in any of the countless online games in my collection.

I have since gotten a PS2 network adapter, and playing around with that made me really appreciate how ahead of the curve Sega was with online console gaming and how easy and seamless they made the process right out of the box.

How are my little crackers doing today?
SoldierBlade
rank 14
Posted:
Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:58 pm
quote : #9
I've had a DC off and on since they were new, but i never was able to play any of the online games until they were offline. To quote Clinton, "I feel your pain..." Of course, painkillers and lots of EU PSO v2 dulls that pain a bit... Razz
Posted:
Thu Oct 07, 2004 7:37 pm
quote : #10
Personally, I would have liked to play Chu Chu Rocket online, but I got my Dreamcast last week.
rank 43
Posted:
Fri Oct 08, 2004 9:24 am
quote : #11
Type: Pal
ultrapro wrote:
while i was a fan of the dreamcast from day one in the uk and played nearly all the titles that were online in the country but never had the access or knowledge to play american games online. major pissing

Buy nearly any boot disk, buy NTSC game via the net or import shop. Wasent realy that hard in fact it was just as easy as buying a Pal game off the net. Not much difference in price either I payed £40 I believe for AFO and BMO.

I got to play quite a lot of the games ( ntsc and pal ) online does that make me happy?, nah cus they are gone so Im still sad Sad .

Laters
Posted:
Fri Oct 08, 2004 5:16 pm
quote : #12
I can't believe that so many people registered here didn't play the online games when they were in their prime! I live in the UK and as most of you know sega europe took out the online options for release. I imported Daytona USA and Outtrigger so luckily got to play them. I also played chu chu rocket (and still do) F355 on normal PAL release.

My fave of all the online games was Daytona by a long shot. Sad Sad Sad

pakkitman
rank 41
Posted:
Fri Oct 08, 2004 10:22 pm
quote : #13
having dreamcast online in its prime would have been nice, but as you can see, the dreamcast online community is much more alive than anyone expected it to be (see the news forums), and personally, besides a few choise games (alien front online, nfl 2k2, OT and sigh, propeller arena) i'm perfectly happy with the online community right now. the games that are online are, basically, the games i want to play. now i just need to get my online games...
rank 43
Posted:
Sat Oct 09, 2004 7:15 am
quote : #14
Type: Pal
Le Spank wrote:
I can't believe that so many people registered here didn't play the online games when they were in their prime! I live in the UK and as most of you know sega europe took out the online options for release. I imported Daytona USA and Outtrigger so luckily got to play them. I also played chu chu rocket (and still do) F355 on normal PAL release.

My fave of all the online games was Daytona by a long shot. Sad Sad Sad

Took out the options for release?. They may have been a bit late getting dreamarena up but the online options were never taken out.

DC does have some nice online games still Pakkitman but give me back Ooga booga, Bomberman, WSB2K2, WWP, AFO anyday. If those came back tommorow I doubt very much Id be playing on any of the curent onliners for quite a few months.

Laters
Posted:
Sat Oct 09, 2004 7:34 am
quote : #15
For someone who was playing SegaNet at the prime, we are stuck with the bottom of the barrel of online games, kinda.
F355 while fun is a poor way to play online, replay watching.
4x4 is great, glad we still have it... I hope (looks at topic saying no one can connect Confused ) But it can play online w/ custom maps, play PC gamers, have DC gamers make their own game...etc., very solid online gameplay.
PSO, the best online DC game, so glad we still have it, but the game doesn't give you the kinda fun Ooga Booga does which is pure humor so I can see how some ppl will get bored with it after months Smile
StarLancer has no music, odd controls and has camera issues (when chasing someone I would get a headache from all the spinning) but its still a solid online gameplay, but it could have been so much better if they had fixed those issues.
Q3 is great and we all know why....