Le Spank
rank 12
Posted:
Sun Oct 10, 2004 10:36 am
quote : #16
profile : pm
Blast wrote:
Le Spank wrote:
I can't believe that so many people registered here didn't play the online games when they were in their prime! I live in the UK and as most of you know sega europe took out the online options for release. I imported Daytona USA and Outtrigger so luckily got to play them. I also played chu chu rocket (and still do) F355 on normal PAL release.

My fave of all the online games was Daytona by a long shot. Sad Sad Sad

Took out the options for release?. They may have ben a bit late getting dreamarena up but the online options were never taken out.

DC does have some nice online games still Pakkitman but give me back Ooga booga, Bomberman, WSB2K2, WWP, AFO anyday. If those came back tommorow I doubt very much Id be playing on any of the curent onliners for quite a few months.

Laters

Yes, sega europe DID take out all online options for Daytona, Outtrigger and Unreal (possibly more - I can't remember) that's why I bought import versions, as you could still easily connect from the UK.

mcmonkey
rank 44
Posted:
Sun Oct 10, 2004 2:24 pm
quote : #17
Type: PAL
t'is indeed true about daytona i shud know i own it. the only thing in it that has anythin to do with online is the homepage which i cant seem to accsess at all even though i have my dreamcast configered for the t'internet with me dream Key 3. anywho iv seen some one on this forum with a petition on their sig to get sega web back up and runnin but buy a third partie company has anyone signed it other than me?
rank 43
Posted:
Sun Oct 10, 2004 2:58 pm
quote : #18
Type: Pal
Le Spank wrote:
Blast wrote:
Le Spank wrote:
I can't believe that so many people registered here didn't play the online games when they were in their prime! I live in the UK and as most of you know sega europe took out the online options for release. I imported Daytona USA and Outtrigger so luckily got to play them. I also played chu chu rocket (and still do) F355 on normal PAL release.

My fave of all the online games was Daytona by a long shot. Sad Sad Sad

Took out the options for release?. They may have ben a bit late getting dreamarena up but the online options were never taken out.

DC does have some nice online games still Pakkitman but give me back Ooga booga, Bomberman, WSB2K2, WWP, AFO anyday. If those came back tommorow I doubt very much Id be playing on any of the curent onliners for quite a few months.

Laters

Yes, sega europe DID take out all online options for Daytona, Outtrigger and Unreal (possibly more - I can't remember) that's why I bought import versions, as you could still easily connect from the UK.

Ahh right your post made it sound like you were saying they removed the Dreamcasts online options before release not specific games. Looking at that in reverse NTSC never got Planet ring or Toy racer and most of the rest of the world didnt get most online jap games.

Laters
Posted:
Sun Oct 10, 2004 3:41 pm
quote : #19
Dark Slayer 5000 wrote:
mcmonkey wrote:
what i want to know is whats stopin people from bringin em back online but then i realise that most of the people who want to bring em back online dont have the training or the expertees to bring em back online. oh well

Money...you got to have lots of money. lol

all you really need is maybe about 47kilos of cocaine and you can safely say you can buy the SEGA SNAP! server technolagy Razz but then again most of us stay well clear of drugs so that's really unlikly.

Games online with : Phantasy Star Online Ver.2 (PAL), Star Lancer, F355 Challange

Currently playing : Phantasy Star Online Ver.2 (PAL)
Dark Slayer 5000
rank 13
Posted:
Sun Oct 10, 2004 4:16 pm
quote : #20
Or rob a Brinks truck. lol Smile

syzigy_(ICE)
rank 7
Posted:
Tue Oct 12, 2004 3:56 am
quote : #21
i want a nstc version of quake so i can play online but why do u have 2 get anything 2 do with dreamcast online i cant i dongt have a credit card Crying or Very sad
Posted:
Tue Oct 12, 2004 2:56 pm
quote : #22
I had my Dreamcast since 9/9/99. I played NFL2K1 and PSO a whole bunch when Seganet was free. Then I had AOL so I was SOL. When I got a reliable 10 dollars a month ISP that let me connect via Dreamcast, Seganet was like "HEY. YOU HAVE TO HAVE SEGANET OR YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED TO PLAY ONLINE" and I didn't wanna pay 25 dollars a month. Because of that, I missed out of Ooga Booga, 2K2 games, etc. Later, Sega opened it up to all ISP's, but no one was online to play against. And they ALL disconnected before I won. I never got to prove that I was the Ooga Booga master.
Posted:
Wed Oct 13, 2004 8:01 am
quote : #23
My first online experience would have been using the DC as my only INTERNET source for about 6 months. I didn't start using it until DEC. 1999 even though I had the system since it's 09/09/99 NA launch. I was too busy playing Sonic, Soul Calibur and Power Stone to even touch the interent component but wasn't that just the friggin' bomb back in the day!?! Just being able to surf the net on your DC on you 32-inch TV? It was just a damned awsome bonus!

The first online game I played would have been CHU CHU ROCKET. Pretty impressive stuff way back in the day of 1st Quarter 2000. DC's online games were pretty damned impressive in it's era. The big three I'd always play were CHU CHU ROCKET, QUAKE III and PSO.

Great memories. I just don't get the same buzz with the current ONLINE stuff.
spidhopddy
rank 2
Posted:
Wed Oct 13, 2004 3:42 pm
quote : #24
yea i still keep coming back to my dc for some great online fun. Even with new games like monster hunter out for the ps2 i still see myself spendin more time online with my pso den with that game.
Posted:
Fri Oct 15, 2004 9:41 am
quote : #25
Wow man, I knew other people went through exactly what I did (buy in late 2001) butI had no idea the percentage of people went through it. I nearly cried after my addiction to PSO wore off and no one was on the 2k2 servers, it was just sad man. I longed to experience Dreamcast in its prime, if i had a time machine I'd go back to late 1999 or fall 2000 and experience Dreamcast. When PSO did go down I pretty much did cry, I was depressed, it felt like a part of me was murdered.
rank 87
Posted:
Sun Oct 17, 2004 7:22 am
quote : #26
Type: NTSC-U/C
MK wrote:
I had my Dreamcast since 9/9/99. I played NFL2K1 and PSO a whole bunch when Seganet was free. Then I had AOL so I was SOL. When I got a reliable 10 dollars a month ISP that let me connect via Dreamcast, Seganet was like "HEY. YOU HAVE TO HAVE SEGANET OR YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED TO PLAY ONLINE" and I didn't wanna pay 25 dollars a month. Because of that, I missed out of Ooga Booga, 2K2 games, etc. Later, Sega opened it up to all ISP's, but no one was online to play against. And they ALL disconnected before I won. I never got to prove that I was the Ooga Booga master.

I wish I could have played you in Ooga Booga. I didn't get online with Ooga Booga until spring 2003, but I played it for about a month str8 before it went offline. Had some memorable gaming sessions. I wish things were different and the word was around more, then you and I might have been able to get some good games going on one fo the best online games ever made. Ooga Booga.

/me crawls in a corner and starts wheeping Sad

solidsonic wrote:
Great memories. I just don't get the same buzz with the current ONLINE stuff.

I agree toally with you. Not knocking other online games or their setups...but I don't get the same fuzzy feeling on other conosles, that I get when I go online with the Dreamcast.

xdcast wrote:
When PSO did go down I pretty much did cry, I was depressed, it felt like a part of me was murdered.

Same 4 me. In-fact here is a heart touching snapshot I took. My last and final moments on Dreamcast PSO.
http://dreamcast.onlineconsoles.com/phpBB2/album_page.php?pic_id=32
The final snapshot, a few hours AFTER us:oberon went offline. A snap taken, showing ragol in the background showing the dc 4 life chat symbol. Poetic Justice.

I snuck over to the JP server, and was online after oberon was gone. It was hard knowing that I was online with the Dreamcast on PSO, and the US server was gone forever. I took the screenshot, powered off my Dreamcast very slowly knowing I would never be online with either of my characters on the Dreamcast ever again. It was rough.
Posted:
Sun Oct 17, 2004 11:17 am
quote : #27
Type: PAL
i was just wondreing with PSO i thought that you could transfer a US character file to the pal versionof the game or is that a load of rubish Question
rank 43
Posted:
Sun Oct 17, 2004 2:04 pm
quote : #28
Type: Pal
Why will you never play PSO again Lordnikon?. Ive never heard why and just wonderd. I guess its cus you would have had to have started all over again which can be a real pain in the arse. Happened enuf times to me, dont seem to have the desire to play PSO at the mo even though I just broke onto ULT.

Laters

Ohh yeh and Im sure I saw you on Ooga booga I wason that game quite a while b4 it went down and I seem to recall you being there at the end. Unfortunatly the server was shite and lagged like hell if you tried to play UK v USA games Sad . I was Mrmime on Ooga booga.
Posted:
Sun Oct 17, 2004 8:29 pm
quote : #29
Nikon plays Gamecube PSO. He's saying that he won't play Dreamcast PSO anymore. He's not saying he won't play ANY PSO. :]
rank 87
Posted:
Mon Oct 18, 2004 6:06 am
quote : #30
Type: NTSC-U/C
Blast wrote:
Why will you never play PSO again Lordnikon?. Ive never heard why and just wonderd. I guess its cus you would have had to have started all over again which can be a real pain in the arse. Happened enuf times to me, dont seem to have the desire to play PSO at the mo even though I just broke onto ULT.

Yea I play on gamecube PSO right now. I have no problem making new characters, as I am currently lvling 4 on the gc. I played v1 US dc pso and lvled my HUcast to 100. I started GC PSO in the JUNE when dreamcast started going offline. For like 4 months I was playing Dreamcast PSO and GC PSO at the same time. I just can't do that, and run this site, and play all the other video games I play. It's way too much. I would have to be a rich millionaire to sit around all day doing that. PSO is a very time consuming game. So I can't play 2 copies of it at the same time on seperate platforms. It's just too much for me.