Page 1 of 1
beatdown
rank 11
Posted:
Fri Oct 08, 2004 3:37 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U
How hard is it to find.. factory sealed brand new games... and brand new official controllers and VMUs nowadays?

EDIT: ooops.. sorry.. I'm saying them two pieces of hardware... and the factory sealed games... all this stuff brand new in general
Posted:
Fri Oct 08, 2004 4:01 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
Yea it's getting really hard now. And expensive. I personally shop for sealed stuff only. Sometimes jsut to atleast GET the game in original format I will buy a used copy in no less than near mint condition for a good price. However I want to have ALL my games in brand new sealed format. I'm not some collector that keeps them sealed. When I get them...I open them and play them. I just want ME to be the first person to have opened and played the game. I know I take care of my games and hardware. I would hate for some minor scratch that someone else caused to suddenly stop me from playing a game.

So your best bet is to constantly scour auction sites, online stores, retail stores...basically anywhere. Finding a good deal on sealed games and hardware....let alone finding it all sealed...is a mouse hunt.
Posted:
Fri Oct 08, 2004 4:09 pm
quote : #3
Type: NTSC-U
Man it's sad to hear that... I am in the mood for brand new games.. So is it extremely hard to find them? Or if I look pretty hard chances are I'll get it?

The same with sealed hardware?
Posted:
Fri Oct 08, 2004 4:32 pm
quote : #4
Type: NTSC-U/C
Well it just depends on how much your willing to pay. You can find sealed copies on amazon or ebay. But some are already going up as high as 60 dollers and up. Games like virtual on oratorio tangram, bangai0o and others re going for a lot of money now sealed.
Posted:
Fri Oct 08, 2004 4:57 pm
quote : #5
Personally speaking. I don't mind too much the condition of the game so long as it's decent to play.

Lets put this in to perspective:

Factory sealed, no scratches, case fully in tact Tomb Raider

Disc only Rez

DatBoyScrooge
rank 7
Posted:
Fri Oct 08, 2004 7:11 pm
quote : #6
do a search on ebay. that's where i do most of my dreamcast & n64 shopping. their are professional people on that site that do have factory sealed games, and accessories. i bought my dreamcast from them BRAND SPANKIN NEW!!! it came with four games, two controllers, some demos, the web browser and a VMU for $100. i thought it was a good deal. even when i received my package, everything was sealed just as it was advertised. so i would definetly say, EBAY would be your best bet to go with.
rank 30
Posted:
Sat Oct 09, 2004 3:33 pm
quote : #7
well if you search incoming on this site, you can see i got incoming, a great game i might add for $5 new Very Happy
rank 7
Posted:
Sat Oct 09, 2004 10:54 pm
quote : #8
ebay has vmu for 5 bucks. i just purchased 2 blue vmus from ebay, and they work perfectly. oh and they hold 200 blocks. but i do know that the harder it is to find accessories and games the higher it will be. i'm trying to get MvC2 and everything is trying to sell it for $30 or higher. but i'm just gonna make my purchase through ebgames for 24.99 Mr. Green

i have learned there are a bunch of ways to shop online and find things cheap.