Page 1 of 1
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Sat Oct 25, 2003 11:49 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Ok i just got done playing with Tao and another guy...not sure if he was from here his name was 'noob e', so we were playing astroid arena, and i thought....why not turn on the gun turrets? All i can say is wow, it made the game WAY more exciting. The air filled with lasers from the gun turrets which are mounted on the asteroids.

Not only this but, i got on a roll and started picking up mines over and over again, and started leaving them everywhere. It was crazy, we were running into mines at one point for a whole 5 minute timespan. There were areas where it was impossible to navigate through because there would be a cluster of them in one place.
Posted:
Sun Oct 26, 2003 7:48 am
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U
Oh man, its been so long since i played some starlancer with you guys. Next game, i'm there damnit! turrets are wild, i just wish there would be some elimination mode and once your eliminated you could man the turret. and mines.. don't get me started... i don't know how many times i bought the farm on my own mines. its always nice to see someone die and be like "WTF? mine?" and you reply "yup!"

Tao
rank 15
Posted:
Sun Oct 26, 2003 2:09 pm
quote : #3
Laughing I think he was from GameFAQs..I tryed to get some people from there to show up. Man nikon...so much fun. playing w/ turrets makes everything so hectic. You have to type with one hand-other hand on the controller avoiding the lasers getting beamed at you from all over. It was so crazy. I can only imagine 6 people with turrets. All out insanity. Gaah, I hate it when you lay mines, Nikon, I was getting freaking bombarded everywhere I went. And whenever I set mines, I seemed to buy the farm. And the damn asteroids! Kept crashing into them. We need to set up a tournament. Rolling Eyes
Posted:
Sat Nov 01, 2003 7:46 pm
quote : #4
You know what's even more fun than just turrets? Play Dark Reign with turrets. Then there are a bunch a small turrets and one big monster gun shooting at you and your opponents.
rank 87
Posted:
Mon Nov 03, 2003 12:36 am
quote : #5
WOEEE a monster GUN? DUDE I havn't even checked out that scenario yet! Hmmm gonna have to post a game soo, I wanna scope that out. more chaos means more fun Mr. Green
Posted:
Mon Nov 03, 2003 5:51 am
quote : #6
There are quite a few fun gameplay variants in Starlancer, like Bomb Tag and Dark Reign. I've never met anyone that enjoys Bomb Tag though. Laughing

My friend and I tried Dark Reign on the PC version. Sadly, he had to leave early, so I was the only one in the server, being bombarded with plasma blasts. Having the gun turrets on with 6 people sounds CHAOTIC.

-TheMytho

Mertens
rank 14
Posted:
Mon Nov 03, 2003 6:08 pm
quote : #7
You can "play" Dark Reign by yourself and see what it is like.
The only games I have done are Normal, Tag Bomb, and Dark Reign. I am one of those people who hates tag bomb only because the bomb never seems to get passed even when I am really letting loose on someone. The game seems to lag or something whenever I play it. Look at the rules to Vampire. That game looks cool too.